Login | Register

Possible precog

Forum to Discuss whatever is on your mind!

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Possible precog

Postby Kennystaup » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:16 am

I have dreams that are very vivid and they do eventually come to light, I will even get a feeling that something is wrong with one of my 4 sisters be it mentally or physically, I'm starting to get scared with this matter.
Kennystaup
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Possible precog

Postby Cailin » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:57 am

What about it is scaring you?
Cailin
Research Student
Research Student

Postby Kennystaup » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:45 pm

I guess what is scarring me the most is I can't control when it happens anymore.
Kennystaup
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Kennystaup » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:47 pm

I guess what is scarring me the most is I can't control when it happens anymore.
Kennystaup
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Cailin » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:58 pm

There are a couple possibilities to try (others may have other ideas as well?):

The first is basically to train your mind to stop noticing the precog. You subconsciously pick up on a *lot* of sensory data, but only a certain amount makes it to your conscious mind. Your mind learns what is important and what isn't over time, and the more often you dismiss something as unimportant, the more it fades to the background. If you get really emotionally worked up over something or consciously ruminate on it, then your mind starts to think "oh hey, this must be important, they must want to see more of this", and you'll start to notice it more and more. So conversely, whenever you notice it, basically make the conscious decision to dismiss it and tell yourself "no, that's not interesting, it's not important." Not in an anxious/worried/worked up kind of way, just more of a bored uninterest. Over time your subconscious should catch the hint and stop showing you the stuff. I've used this method actually, it's worked well for me for precog specifically but I haven't tried it with dreams, so ymmv.

The second possibility is to look into why your subconscious is showing you the things, and try to resolve it. This tends to work for stuff that starts suddenly and is intrusive, because it may be that some part of you is trying to get your attention, and once it's resolved the dreams may fade. However it may not always help, sometimes an increase in precog stuff is just because you're gradually getting more sensitive and picking up on more.

The third possibility is shielding--you could try making a shield to try to block the incoming data so that you don't pick up on it (or you could shield your room so you don't pick up on stuff specifically when you're sleeping). Tbh this usually works better for empathic type stuff for me, precog isn't always blocked the same way. But it's worth a try, and shields are a good idea to keep up in general.

The main thing to remember with precog is that there isn't necessarily a reason you're picking up the information--it's more like you've got a little radio in your brain and it just picks up on whatever signals happen to come by. It's your choice what to do with what you see, you're not causing anything to happen just by sensing it, and you're not responsible for what happens. Some stuff can be changed, some stuff can't, and some stuff can end up happening if you try to prevent it from happening. So all and all don't worry, and try not to take it personally.
Cailin
Research Student
Research Student

Return to General Discussion