Login | Register

New Omnimancer Application Form

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
New Omnimancer Application Form

Postby LordArt » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:43 am

At great request, we are formalizing the application process. If you are interested in joining an Omnimancer group, including OmniCyber, please answer the following questions and either post those answers here or privately in email depending on what you wish to do. Please don't skip questions. Thank you.

:?: How did you get into magic?
    :?: What do you practice now, and for how long?
    :?: Will your current practice or religion interfere with you learning omnimancy?
    :?: How did you find us?
    :?: Have you read the site yet?
    :?: What do you think omnimancy is?
    :?: What do you hope to get out of Omnimancy and what are your end goals?
    :?: Omnimancy training is a long process, are you willing to put the time in? (Which for OmniCyber means being able to show up on IRC on Monday Nights weekly reliably, as well as practicing on your own time or with other students.)
    :?: Can you work ok with others?
    :?: Because it's the internet, how old are you?

Please Note: Even if you are accepted, please keep in mind that the early stages of training are a probationary period, for us to get to know you and you to get to know us.

Please also Note: If you are applying for OmniCyber, they accept students in cycles, so it may be months until the next opening. Please be patient if you are interested in that group. If you are local to NJ, you probably should mention that.

NOTE: Application thread is culled and archived upon review stage of application process.
Last edited by LordArt on Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Re: New Omnimancer Application Form

Postby Chrysilla » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:20 am

:?: How did you get into magic?
Friends in high school started buying all of the books they could after seeing The Craft. Out of curiosity I started reading to, and kept reading after those high school friends all fell back out of it. During college in NYC I got some more formal training from the "Pagan Way Grove," a 6 month series of classes (sadly over) taught by a Thelemic Wiccan coven at the shop Enchantments (before it moved).

:?: What do you practice now, and for how long?
"Eclectic Neo Paganism Cottage Witch"- offerings/supplecations to patron deities and spirits, candle magic, crystals, sewing, jewelry, embroidery, and other mundane craftwork. In this manner for about 13 years. If we're going back to my high school experimentation then over 20 years.

:?: Will your current practice or religion interfere with you learning omnimancy?
Nope

:?: How did you find us?
Went to Crucible 2017 and sat in on the Omnimancy lecture, and then hung out with more Omni's at the after parties. A few members helped me over the next few weeks to dislodge a problem with an uninvited entity that was hurting me.

:?: Have you read the site yet?
Yes.

:?: What do you think omnimancy is?
A magical path that separates magic from religious doctrine/myth, so that it can be studied and developed in a more evidence-based manner.

:?: What do you hope to get out of Omnimancy and what are your end goals?
I have a chronic illness with no official medical treatment (and very little $ goes towards studying it), so I'm hoping to learn to be able to heal and/or maintain what's left of my body and bodily systems via this evidence based energy work. Right now I'm only really able to do magical workings for what I call "medical luck" as I continue looking for mundane medical practitioners + new research to help my illness. If i can get my health better managed, then I can try to repair the damage it's done to the rest of my life (career, creative, etc).

:?: Omnimancy training is a long process, are you willing to put the time in? (Which for OmniCyber means being able to show up on IRC on Monday Nights weekly reliably, as well as practicing on your own time or with other students.)
Yes.

:?: Can you work ok with others?
Yes.

:?: Because it's the internet, how old are you?
Chrysilla
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion