Login | Register

New Question

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
New Question

Postby Teven » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:41 am

Everythign I've been told about Energy manipulation or magic or whatever terminology that is used, comes from someone who I guess wouldnt consider himself a psion a mage or whatever, (uses multiple approaches to things that takes from whichever he deems better for the task) though he uses Psionics as a general term for what he does.

From what little I have seen on the forums there seems to be a slight animosity between psions and mages here, I refer to it as psionics or energy manipulation out of habit, that would not hurt my attempt to join would it?
Teven
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:19 am

From what little I have seen on the forums there seems to be a slight animosity between psions and mages here, I refer to it as psionics or energy manipulation out of habit, that would not hurt my attempt to join would it?

No, doing psionics or being a psion won't hinder your position. There has been some bad blood in certain cases between some psions and Omnimancers mostly stemming from the fact that while in the psionics community almost all their information is public, in Omnimancy, we keep our information secret. Unfortunately, some psions can't understand why that should be and have done everything from bad mouthing Omnimancy to trying to hack into the website on multiple occasions (and even claiming credit for it!), including DOS attacks.

There are many ex-psions in OmniCyber for example. So don't worry about it. :)
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Teven » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:12 pm

well Im no psion far from it..I just know minor things my friend has told me. Lol but I do hope to learn...
Teven
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion