Login | Register

Omni Applications - 07

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Omni Applications - 07

Postby LordArt » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:18 am

We are in the process of getting the interviews started for the next group of students. If you haven't put in your application, now is the time.

We will be contacting people shortly.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby LordArt » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:34 am

Just as a status update, the applications have finally all been reviewed, commented on, and sorted. There are 31 applicants, so please bare with the delays. Thank you.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Bob_stew » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:39 am

By 'commented on', do you mean that we should have received an email reply? If so, I haven't gotten one yet.
Bob_stew
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Obsidian » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:56 am

Thirty-one, goddammn!!

That'd have to be a record.

Have you decided to do only yearly intakes now, rather than the quarter (or biannually) of days gone by?

Thanks for the update.
"Nothing is more amazing than getting the shit kicked out of you by something you didn't believe existed" - David.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby LordArt » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:51 am

Obsidian wrote:Have you decided to do only yearly intakes now, rather than the quarter (or biannually) of days gone by?

We haven't decided to do yearly, it just ended up that way because we took two waves in a row very close to each other (ie. within a few months of each other).

I suspect the same thing will happen this time. Meaning, whomever is picked for this wave will likely have other brethern picked a few months afterward. We haven't decided yet (since the interviews themselves haven't started) if the second round of newbies is "too close" to the first that if we are going to do a second round of interviews, considering the amount of applicants.

Because of the sheer amount of applicants (Yes, 31 is the new record), based on their application, some won't be interviewed because it would take forever to do so (we'd still be interviewing 3-6 months from now!). They will be informed that is the case however. Nothing has been sent out yet that I'm aware of.

Bob_stew wrote:By 'commented on', do you mean that we should have received an email reply? If so, I haven't gotten one yet.

No emails have been sent out. "Commented on" means that the individual applications are put in their own threads in a forum, everyone reads them and comments on them and adds as much as possible for everyone else's benifit (for example if they know them outside of the application, and if so, what insight they might have, or even based on how the application reads how well they will fit into the group, etc. The list goes on.)
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Obsidian » Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:03 am

So... Uhh... Out of curiousity it's been around two weeks since the last post and... I dunno, I haven't heard anything.

I'm just sort-of wondering whether any emails have been sent out or interviews organised/people accepted, etc.

Sorry to be pushy or whatever. This sense of not-knowing what's happening makes me uneasy is all =) Feel free to slap me and tell me to be patient =P
"Nothing is more amazing than getting the shit kicked out of you by something you didn't believe existed" - David.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby LordArt » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:35 pm

Obsidian wrote:So... Uhh... Out of curiousity it's been around two weeks since the last post and... I dunno, I haven't heard anything.

I'm just sort-of wondering whether any emails have been sent out or interviews organised/people accepted, etc.

Sorry to be pushy or whatever. This sense of not-knowing what's happening makes me uneasy is all =) Feel free to slap me and tell me to be patient =P

:smack:

Feel better? :)

The head of Cyber (Vertigo) is running an Anime convention where she is, so things are rather busy on her end. But things are moving along (I have to catch up on the status actually, but there seems to be lots of activity in the applicant forum)
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Obsidian » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:51 am

Oi, there's some seriously cool emoticon things on here =P

An Anime convention? That's pretty much awesome! A big high-five to her, methinks *offers a high-five*

A lot of activity on the forum adds just a little nail-biting tension.

Thanks for the update, it's appreciated =)
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby LordArt » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:45 pm

The interviews are moving extremely slowly, between the anime convention (now over) and the holidays. Hopefully things will speed up post Thanksgiving!
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Thill » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:37 am

So the interviews are still happening , great that means there is still a chance :)
Thill
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion