Login | Register

The grid

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
The grid

Postby Lesenthe » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:13 am

I've seen the Grid mentioned a few times in the Astral Biology thread, and had discussed it a few times with some other people. Is this something that can be explained to any great degree? I did notice Art mentioning that he wouldn't go into it in the bio thread, so I'm wary about putting down any of the info I've gotten thus far.

Is this a "safe" topic of discussion?
Lesenthe
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:25 am

"Safe" is a matter of opinion. The topic itself is just a topic. I suppose the issue of "safe" is how much info did people leak out that they shouldn't have. I don't want to start the habbit of leaking out teaching information to the forums simply because a title of a subject is leaked and asked about.

The subject ITSELF isn't dangerous per se. But like almost anything else, knowledge in the wrong hands can be, especially how detailed you decide to get.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Lesenthe » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:17 pm

Point taken.
Lesenthe
Visitor
Visitor

Postby miri » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:52 am

Based on wht you HAVE said (LordArt)(but not upon any observations I've made, or anyone else's input), I'm lead to believe the grid is just a fancy term for the energy pathways that make up the "system" of the energy body. However.. that's probably either a twentith of the story or tottally incorrect. As most of the things I'm lead to beilieve are...
miri
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:10 am

Miri, everything to you is a fancy term for something else. ;) What you mention is a gross oversimplification and leaves out completely what actually makes it important. But I'm not going to allow myself to fished for more info on it.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby miri » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:53 am

Right, like I said, a twentith of it... :P
miri
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Lesenthe » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:46 am

Art: How about if I just PM you with what I know (or think I know) and you tell me if it's suitable for open discussion? I find myself agreeing with the policy of secrecy quite a bit more recently.
Lesenthe
Visitor
Visitor

Postby miri » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:08 am

:lol: If you have to ask the answer is "no" hell, even when you don't have to ask... the answer in regards to omnimantic informatiuon is always "no." :cry: Sure it's "neccesarry to keep secrets," but couldn't they stop teasing us?
miri
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:51 am

Miri, the answer isn't always no. I think if you read the forums more you'll see that. As far as "teasing goes", I didn't bring up this subject, Lesenthe did. Some Omnimancy topics ARE discussed openly if asked if for no other reason to drill home to people we are NOT psions, or simply another branch of psionics. Many people make that mistake based on what IS posted on the main site, and I try my best to show it isn't without breaching secrets too much.

@Lesenthe: If you want to PM me, be my guest. I'm not making any guarentees on the responses one way or the other, but there is no reason not to try.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby miri » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:17 am

I meant that if it's borderline enough to bother asking if it's "appropriate subject matter" it won't be nintey percent of the time, and that, you really can't say is untrue... you let us know some things, as you said, to prove you aren't psions, but you don't share things that might give away too much, in this context you're going to say "no." Or, you might talk to Lesenthe in PM about this subject and minimally... just confirmation or denial of his ideas...
miri
Visitor
Visitor

Postby FireEssence » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:41 pm

miri wrote:I meant that if it's borderline enough to bother asking if it's "appropriate subject matter" it won't be nintey percent of the time, and that, you really can't say is untrue... you let us know some things, as you said, to prove you aren't psions, but you don't share things that might give away too much, in this context you're going to say "no." Or, you might talk to Lesenthe in PM about this subject and minimally... just confirmation or denial of his ideas...

I've actually had plenty of luck with asking questions and getting information and what not. Sure, I may not get everything I want, but I've learned quite a bit and had plenty confirmed.

I'd just say this is just another display of you being the person I've seen you be. Not an accurate assessment of Omnimancy from someone who's had extensive (or even moderate) dealings with it's members.

Try and work on those patience skills (and yes, I do too) and try asking different questions.
Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Return to Open Magical Discussion