Login | Register

For those psions that still think psionics is not magic...

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
For those psions that still think psionics is not magic...

Postby LordArt » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:12 pm

http://www.geocities.com/c_cosimano

Uncle Chuckie is always so much fun!
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Ogre » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:58 pm

It is always useful to have Chuckie on your side in arguements with psions... :twisted:
-Ogre
Ogre
The Kinky Jesus
The Kinky Jesus

Postby FireEssence » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:09 am

Well, except for the fact that aside from a certain Psion group, I haven't met any that give Uncle Chuckie a second glance (even assuming they have any idea who he is) But then, I guess it's true i haven't met every psion out there.

(And my own feelings on why he feels psionics is magick is because he does it mainly using sympathetic magic via his 'machines' and such *shrugs*)
Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby Ogre » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:31 pm

You obviously have not met Chuckie... You would understand if you had. :) Scary man at times, and from me, that is saying a lot.
-Ogre
Ogre
The Kinky Jesus
The Kinky Jesus

Postby FireEssence » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:37 pm

Definitely never met him, but my statements were based on the information he's put out through places like his website. (And thus, the reason that the specific group of psion's I referenced to that know's of him and respects him, is because the folks who run it are radionics lovers)

Personally, I've never used a radionics or 'psionics' machine and don't plan on it, which is the only real reason I haven't bothered to do a lot of investigation into his work etc. *shrugs*

Now, whether he's skilled or scary or anything, that's a whole other ballgame.

(And my original post was more about why "It is always useful to have Chuckie on your side in arguements with psions... " isn't an accurate statement in my opinion, not so much about the man himself)
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby Ogre » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:02 pm

Learn to see a joke when it is stated online... Useful skill to have. :D
-Ogre
Ogre
The Kinky Jesus
The Kinky Jesus

Postby FireEssence » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:10 pm

Apparently I really need to work on that skill. What exactly was the joke?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not angry, I'm just sincerely confused. :P
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby Ogre » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:33 pm

taken offline
-Ogre
Ogre
The Kinky Jesus
The Kinky Jesus

Postby Fire_on_High » Wed May 03, 2006 9:40 pm

Anyone see the Uncle Chuckie Helm on Mythbusters tonight?
<James> "Drive safe!" "Be careful!" "Don't stay out late!" "Forks don't go in the power socket!" "Please don't rip the multiverse a new one, it's not nice"
Fire_on_High
Presence
Presence

Postby Ogre » Thu May 04, 2006 10:37 am

Yes, I did... I was rather amused as I was in bed falling asleep last night. I meant to check and make sure it was a chuckie design before I mentioned it. :)
-Ogre
Ogre
The Kinky Jesus
The Kinky Jesus

Postby oath » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:55 pm

You guys dont think psionics is magic? Why?

Edit: nvm fire essences confusion is apparently contagious :o
oath
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:27 am

Oath, MOST psions try to distance what they do from magic, and consider what they do seperate from magic. Obviously it isn't, but from their point of view it is. Uncle Chuckie, to some, is a grand-daddy of psionics and even HE says it's magic. So it's fun to poke them about it. ;)
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby oath » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:27 pm

Oh ok lol. I never heard of that guy before, but he seem really silly. I dont know why anyone would ever follow or believe him :eek:
A psion practices the branch of magic called psi, a kabbalist practices from the kabbalah, and a buddhist strives for enlightenment. A Wizard however endeavors to know, understand, and master all magic, religion, and thought.
oath
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:52 pm

Some of the groups of psions that I know of know him or know of him quite well, but the psion community as a whole is quite larger than that. Basically, Chuckie will be the first one to say his stuff looks silly, and he's quite ok with that (for he sees it as functional, and that's all he cares about). He became known because he published a book that detailed how to do radionics. While he didn't invent that system of magic, his book popularised it (at least at the time).

While he isn't a leader type personality, those that have met him in person know that he knows what he is doing. He has a lot of connections in OTO, TOS and several other orders, if for nothing else being around long enough to know many of the major players personally. I know he has built an operational tepafone and have seen it in action (which was rather amusing).

I will certainly say I'm not a follower of his (or anyone else for that matter), I do respect him as a magician. But his stuff is still QUITE goofy looking! ;)
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby oath » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:10 pm

Hmm, Ok Ive looked twice now but perhaps I will look again and see what else he has to say and what this radionics stuff is :!:

What does he mean by "bound female body"?
A psion practices the branch of magic called psi, a kabbalist practices from the kabbalah, and a buddhist strives for enlightenment. A Wizard however endeavors to know, understand, and master all magic, religion, and thought.
oath
Visitor
Visitor

Next

Return to Open Magical Discussion