Login | Register

Conflicting spells.

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Conflicting spells.

Postby Questioner » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:02 pm

What happens when two different spells try to acomplish the same thing?
I ask this because i always read about spells that make it so that you get a spot in front of a building,or a spell to get the bus to stop in front of you.What if more than one person wants that to happen?So what happens,does the stronger spell prevail?
Questioner
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:17 am

Two or more spells trying to accomplish the same thing can interfere with each other to the point that both don't work. Sometimes the result is the effectively stronger spell wins yes. How often that happens depends greatly on the ratio (effective strength wise) between the two or more spells.

I say effectively because there are many ways spells approach a problem. Some through sheer force, others through finesse, and depending on how they are going about what they are trying to accomplish matters too (let alone environmental issues). In the end, a lot of variables in the mix which is why spells are rarely 100% effective.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Neeros » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:28 am

Questioner: A bit old of a topic, but if you catch this.. may I suggest you researching/practicing into the ways various spells that are cast towards the same overall goal can interact and work together to create stronger affects based on those interactions?
"Assert your will upon your enemy, but do not let your enemy assert their will upon you."
-Sun Tzu
Neeros
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion