Login | Register

Ummmm, What would you call this?

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Ummmm, What would you call this?

Postby ChaosShadow1992 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:52 pm

I somehow have always been attached to magic everywhere i look. and now i feel like i can tell if one of my Wiccan friends is trying to use magic. I can FEEL magic, and i can touch all types of magic. i feel like i am a Natural Mage. or an Natural Born Elemental. i have a great afinity for Wind Style magics. so what would you call this? or what would this be? Help please?
what is life but a passing dream?
ChaosShadow1992
Visitor
Visitor

Me Still

Postby ChaosShadow1992 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:02 pm

i just need to know, because i can use magic without much focus or a focal point. i feel and things happen. i focus on my hand and i can generate eddies of wind from it. i am just very curious about this subject.
ChaosShadow1992
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:59 am

I don't understand what you need help about. If you are asking is there an existing system that deals with what you do specifically, not that I'm aware of. Most need structure to do their magic so there is something to do versus simply will. Natural Mages work like that generally. Natural Mages are typically more powerful than people who study, but are usually fixed at what they are at because they have no means to advance. With enough hard work and dedication, the studying mage does surpass the natural mage.

You feel your friends do magic because you want to. There are likely many others doing magic that you aren't feeling simply because you have no connection to them. So you are likely simply monitoring your friends. Not unlike if someone you knew got into a car accident, you'd feel it, but if a person down the street did that you had no concern over, you wouldn't. Same idea. It's just normal magical senses and nothing earth shattering.

Not sure what you really need help with, so there it is.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby ChaosShadow1992 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:13 pm

i was wondering if there is a name for that ability of mine, because i can see spirits, am naturlay magical,and each year i am alive my magic seems to grow.
ChaosShadow1992
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:40 pm

i was wondering if there is a name for that ability of mine

Since you haven't been trained, as I mentioned before, you are a natural mage by your description of yourself. Most don't bother to classify natural mages further since what combination of things they can do (or can't) as well as how they do it is individually unique to them, so there is no point.

Nothing a natural mage can do can't be done via training, it just takes longer.

Since you mentioned yourself as a natural mage I didn't understand what else you were asking. If you are asking for a name/title of what you do beyond that so that you can find "your own kind", I've never seen it work that way. Every natural mage I've come across does their own thing in their own way for their own purposes.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby ChaosShadow1992 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:48 pm

okay but what would you call a circle in my hand that i use for my magic? i have a circle in the palm of my hand that always produces a small amound of wind no matter what i try to get it to stop. it is a circle made out of my veins if that is anything important...
ChaosShadow1992
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:14 pm

A focus. It is very typical for most mages to do their magic via something. That can be a hand gesture, a wand, a tattoo, atheme, whatever.

If you are looking for a fancy name, you are at the wrong place. :) In the end, it's just a focus.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby ChaosShadow1992 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:21 pm

thank you SO much. you have been a very big help. i have one more question though. do you know where i can learn more spells from the Fire School of Majik? i would like to expand my knowledge in that area.
ChaosShadow1992
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:12 pm

Asking for the "Fire school of Majik" sounds like a RPG. I'm sure someone out there might call themselves that, but most would just laugh at it and not take it seriously. Real Magic isn't divided up like that.

Also, why are you spelling it Majik when you spelled it right originally?

I have tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but now I wonder if you are taking this seriously.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Return to Open Magical Discussion