Login | Register

Question about energy types

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Question about energy types

Postby Azazen » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:19 am

What makes different energy types different from each other? I read the post made in '03 that explains how different frequency, density and mixture gives energy different properties, but that still kind of implies that there are seperate base energies that can be mixed and have the frequency changed. Is it really as simple as the magical equivalent of having different protons, neutrons and electrons?
Azazen
Research Student
Research Student

Postby LordArt » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:30 pm

Other than the properties itself, I don't really have a good answer about between what changes. Mostly because anything I would say would be by definition rather subjective. People try to explain the differences via "frequency" or color, etc. but that is just from our experiences in this physical existence trying to understand it. How much is us just wanting it work that way because it is what we understand in our physical life?

I offer the fact that said energy CAN be changed in color(frequency), mixture and density. And more importantly, it CAN be transmuted between one form and another (by almost any magical system). Which means I would agree there is some lower base commonality, but how it actually works I don't know.

Omnimancy's Tech IS energy agnostic, perhaps because it recognizes the fact that all energy is JUST energy, and the type is rather irrelevant for the most part (as far as the tech is concerned anyways).

I have no experiments on this so I really can't offer much more. Sorry.

I would think that it's likely different than how matter works only because transmutation rarely requires extra energy to have it be changed to one type or another. Meaning, if it worked like matter, and to change the element you moved 2-3 atoms worth of protons and neutrons into a single new core to create a different element, then you'd loose volume rather drastically since you'd be going from 2-3+ atoms to 1 atom (regardless of the heavier nucleus it only slightly larger physically than a single atom of the old atoms versus the volume of a few atoms would be). Because of that I would try for a different parallel.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Azazen » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:28 pm

Hmmm alright, thanks. While we're on the subject of energy types what's the best energy you've found for healing? I've read you say how your body is usually better at healing itself than anything most people can do magically, I can't help but think that there would be some type of energy to at least allow your own healing processes to work quicker.
Azazen
Research Student
Research Student

Postby LordArt » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:41 am

Azazen wrote:Hmmm alright, thanks. While we're on the subject of energy types what's the best energy you've found for healing?

Oh of course there are ways of making the body heal quicker! That's the point. I think you took what I said out of context. The full context is, don't cast while you are sick, because the energy you use to cast is better spent by your body healing. So the end result would be you just get sicker.

However, that doesn't prevent one from being cast on to get well quicker, or even preventitive spells from getting sick in the first place. (Let alone casting healing spells on others). We've found ways around casting on oneself while sick, but I'm not going to get into that here.

As far as what TYPE of energy to use if that is the method you are using, well, one would use Healing Energy. Rather obvious wouldn't you think? :)

For the spells that I use, I don't use healing energy because the extra boost that using one type or another would give gets overshadowed by the working of the healing spell itself. But if you are just putting "good energy" to a spot that is bad, then yes, the type of energy matters.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Azazen » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:11 am

As far as what TYPE of energy to use if that is the method you are using, well, one would use Healing Energy. Rather obvious wouldn't you think? Smile

Haha of course, but I wasn't aware that the body made it's own healing energy, that's what you meant right? I thought the bodies normal energies just worked together in certain ways to help the healing process. I always viewed them as being a few different energies that worked together with different functions in order to achieve the goal, I guess it would make more sense for your body to just convert energy to different types.
Azazen
Research Student
Research Student

Postby LordArt » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:10 pm

Azazen wrote:Haha of course, but I wasn't aware that the body made it's own healing energy, that's what you meant right? I thought the bodies normal energies just worked together in certain ways to help the healing process. I always viewed them as being a few different energies that worked together with different functions in order to achieve the goal, I guess it would make more sense for your body to just convert energy to different types.

It doesn't make "healing energy" as far as the type goes. The body responds best to the energy it creates(ie. from the soul), not only in healing, but in all forms of magic that affect it. It's designed that way. However, the energy that comes from the soul reactor is VERY complex and is not easily replicated and therefore is impractical unless to have that caliber of abilities, which is no small feat. So the next best thing is to use "Healing energy" which is a basic type that is easily created/replicated. (Also keep in mind soul energy from one person can be poisonous to another depending on where it's used. Healing energy therefore becomes a generic type that can be used on all, versus tailoring the energy you are using to heal. But "healing energy" is simply VERY basic healing, versus something far more complicated such as soul energy replication which honestly has a FAR better response from an individual, but no longer is "basic healing".)

The body, while it does convert energy to other forms in certain areas, from my experience, it doesn't create "healing energy" to do it's healing. As mentioned before, the body responds quite well to it's own energy, hence why stealing that "excess" to cast spells in normally a detriment since in most cases, you'd replace that soul energy with an inferior type for the purpose of healing, so you'd have an inferior effect.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Azazen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:11 am

So a viable way of healing could be to draw the purest form of excess soul energy that you could reach to the effected area?

On that note, I've read the phrase 'soul reactor' many times, from what I understand the soul is like a kind of recording device. Are you referring to something separate or is it just two functions of the same thing? I apologize for my seemingly incessant questioning, a few people used to get slightly annoyed when I started doing this but I haven't been able to ask a string of meaningful questions to anyone in quite some time.
Azazen
Research Student
Research Student

Postby LordArt » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:41 am

So a viable way of healing could be to draw the purest form of excess soul energy that you could reach to the effected area?

Yes, and I do it all the time for certain people with certain situations (It's not a cure all. Depends on what is wrong). However, there is a catch (as you would expect). One, you have to actually KNOW where to get this energy from in the first place. Secondly, and most importantly, you have to KNOW how to get the energy without stalling out the soul reactor (and therefore causing soul death. Slight catch eh? :eek: ). Also, continuous exposure to such energy causes other side effects I won't go into here, since I feel I've already said too much.

There is a reason why this is considered an advanced technique.

On that note, I've read the phrase 'soul reactor' many times, from what I understand the soul is like a kind of recording device. Are you referring to something separate or is it just two functions of the same thing?

Magic is littered with conflicting terminology (let alone conflicting terminology from pop culture). I think the soul reactor concept was mentioned in other threads but I don't think it's on the official public docs (it is on the private ones) about the bodies that people have. Mostly to avoid questions like the above. :)

In anycase, the soul reactor is a term we use for energetic center of the spiritual body. More accurately WHERE the energy for the spiritual body comes from. It is the pure source. Like freshly oxygenated blood, the pure energy flows through all the many spiritual systems one has. As it drops off the "fresher" energy, it picks up waste. Much like freshly oxygenated blood as it goes through your physical body. However, unlike like physical body, it's not a closed system (ie. your blood gets recycled). The energy in this case continues to get more impure as it goes through your systems. By the time it gets to your astral body, it's VERY impure. This is the energy most people are familiar with and work with. It comes out of the individual as their aura via the chakras.

This is why looking at someone's aura you can tell something about them, including their health, etc, because much like a doctor checking urine or stool, the aura shows by what is in it, what is going on inside the individual which one then interprets.

I won't get into how the soul reactor operates, and I really didn't mean to get into a basic astral anatomy, but there it is.

I apologize for my seemingly incessant questioning, a few people used to get slightly annoyed when I started doing this but I haven't been able to ask a string of meaningful questions to anyone in quite some time.

I think to quote Mr. Garrison..."There are no stupid questions, just stupid people". :)

It's when people stop asking questions is the problem, or when a question is asked but the answer isn't listened to. (Admittedly there are limits to the detail I will answer things, but such is life)
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Azazen » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:58 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of simply digging a little deeper than the normal areas where you would pull your energy from, but perhaps trying to filter the impurities out of normal excess energy might be a better idea.

This is why looking at someone's aura you can tell something about them, including their health, etc, because much like a doctor checking urine or stool, the aura shows by what is in it, what is going on inside the individual which one then interprets.

Comparing someone's aura to feces, I just know I'm going to use that line to screw with someone in the future. :lol:
Azazen
Research Student
Research Student

Postby LordArt » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:41 pm

Azazen wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of simply digging a little deeper than the normal areas where you would pull your energy from, but perhaps trying to filter the impurities out of normal excess energy might be a better idea.

I'm not really sure how well that would work really, unless you filtered and stock piled it. But that's a lot of work but perhaps you'll get something from it. Most of the "purer" energy has broken down to something else by then, but you might get something useful, I've never tried.

Comparing someone's aura to feces, I just know I'm going to use that line to screw with someone in the future. :lol:

I would call it waste versus feces, but as you wish. Life is messy, and an aura certainly doesn't have the offensive connotation (let alone the smell) of feces. It always amazed me people took for granted that people have an aura, but no one bothers to question to WHY or HOW it's there. Just because it's waste, doesn't mean it's a bad thing. You are just done with it.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Psychokinetic Wannabe » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Back when I first lurked around the Omnimancy boards a while ago, two things about this caught my attention: Soul death, and that one's soul energy can be poisonous to another individual depending on where you apply it.

- Other-Soul's-Energy Poisoning -

How severely poisonous can one's soul energy be to another? Is this something I should/could expect if I every happen to piss off something powerful and magically bigger than me? Or is anything skilled enough to do that gonna be capable of doing a lot more efficient things in so far as harming/killing goes? Even so, would this be something to expect if one pisses off a particularly sadistic entity?

Would the kind of poisoning referred to here also lead to soul death, or have the potential for it? Is it something one would feel/notice without paying attention or looking for it? In themselves or in others? Does one's ability to cast spells diminish with this poisoning?

How possible is it to correct this poisoning, either in yourself or in others? Is it a kind of self-propagating poisoning wherein it damages you and as it damages you it makes you less able to recover, or is this a kind of poisoning that, thought harmful or damaging, is something you can still recover from as your soul reactor naturally puts out more of it's own soul energy?

- Soul Death -

What exactly is it? Are we talking complete and utter death of what amounts to what one really 'is'? Is it death in the sense that the soul goes on to reincarnate, or in the sense that it ceases to be, breaks down into other energy, or whatever it is that can happen to a soul other than moving on to another incarnation, or the phase in-between incarnations? Speaking of which, what can happen to souls beyond moving on to reincarnate? I am also curious - if someone does severe damage to someone else magically, in a soul-damaging sort of way, does the soul heal? Can it repair itself over time, and if it does so, does it do so from the moment of damage, or only once the soul ends one life and before it starts another? Can they heal completely in between lifetimes? Completely within a lifetime? Or is this something not much research has been put into?

Furthermore, what exactly happens to what we perceive as ourselves upon soul death? Do we actually die (I suspect not, but might as well ask)? What happens to our conscience, memories, etc? What happens to the astral body? Does the entire combination of bodies that is ourselves eventually fail due to a lack of energy from the soul reactor? Does another soul take the place of the dead one, taking over as the controller? Is this a viable form of reincarnation for a soul - taking over the place of a just 'killed' soul, or do the only souls that take over in the aftermath of soul death (if any do) happen to be already existing ones in the astral that happen to want a body to be linked to? How much control does the new soul's 'personality' (if souls by themselves have anything of the sort) have over the personality of the 'self' that remains after soul death?
If a thing be really good, it can be shown to be such. If you cannot demonstrate its excellence, it may well be suspected that you are no proper judge of it.
- William Godwin
Psychokinetic Wannabe
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby LordArt » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:12 am

Psychokinetic Wannabe wrote: - Other-Soul's-Energy Poisoning -

How severely poisonous can one's soul energy be to another?

I really depends on how divergent the energy is from what is normally there. If the energy signatures are similar, then it won’t be too bad. If they are drastically different, then it depends on quantity. A little bit probably will hurt some things, but nothing major. A large amount will start making systems shut down or mis-fire. The physical reaction to this is a massive headache that leads to vomiting from the pain to mental degradation. Basically, as the systems shut down or mis-fire, so do you. I’ve seen this kind of thing happen only once, and the person was constantly going to the doctor and they couldn’t do much. We kept “fixing” her, not understanding what the problem was initially. Everything we fixed, by the next day had completely broken down again, no matter what we did until we understood the cause. In her case, her reactor had been realigned by a “high energy event” and was poisoning her from the inside out. Extreme measures had to be done to correct the issue, and while corrected, we didn’t do the correction, something else with the expertise did.

In anycase, I knew of the mixing energy problem before, but afterwards I understood firsthand the devastation it can cause in admittedly an extreme case.

Is this something I should/could expect if I every happen to piss off something powerful and magically bigger than me? Or is anything skilled enough to do that gonna be capable of doing a lot more efficient things in so far as harming/killing goes? Even so, would this be something to expect if one pisses off a particularly sadistic entity?

I wouldn’t be so paranoid about it. If something magically bigger wanted to screw with you in such a way, you’d be screwed anyways. There are much nastier ways and easier ways to torture you if that is the intent of the entity.

Would the kind of poisoning referred to here also lead to soul death, or have the potential for it? Is it something one would feel/notice without paying attention or looking for it? In themselves or in others? Does one's ability to cast spells diminish with this poisoning?

In the stated case above with the reactor changing it’s output, it wouldn’t lead to soul death in a classic sense, since that is defined by the reactor stopping. The reactor was fine in this case, it was just poisoning the rest of the spiritual systems. If left unchecked, it would have eventually killed off the intellect of the individual spirit in question, but that would likely to have taken months to do that. Nasty way to go admittedly. But again, that was an extreme case.

If there was a finite quantity, then it would again depend on the amount and the differences. Small enough you would probably dismiss it because it didn’t cause enough damage to do much. The more damage it causes, the more you are going to feel it. As far as the immediate and long term effects greatly depends on what system(s) fails and how it fails. It could just turn off, it could self-destruct. In some cases it may not matter at all, but that would be more the exception. The spiritual systems are VERY adaptable and resilient, so if something gets messed up, it is designed to bypass the screwed up system. Once the bad energy is cleaned out, things might go back to normal, or the system might be permanently bypassed. I’ve come across a lot of people over the years that are “broken” for various reasons simply because they didn’t heal right. Sort of like breaking a bone and not setting it correctly…It just heals wrong.

How possible is it to correct this poisoning, either in yourself or in others? Is it a kind of self-propagating poisoning wherein it damages you and as it damages you it makes you less able to recover, or is this a kind of poisoning that, thought harmful or damaging, is something you can still recover from as your soul reactor naturally puts out more of it's own soul energy?

Yes it’s possible to correct the issue in both cases if it is diagnosed correctly. But it’s an extremely rare occurrence. The issue was brought up on the forums so that people didn’t purposely accidentally put foreign energy that far into their spiritual guts and not know the dangers in doing so. Your normal energy flow will clean it all out eventually, but as I mentioned before, how you’ll recover is greatly dependant on what and how it damaged things while in there. Different starting areas mean different things go down, etc.

- Soul Death -

What exactly is it? Are we talking complete and utter death of what amounts to what one really 'is'? Is it death in the sense that the soul goes on to reincarnate, or in the sense that it ceases to be, breaks down into other energy, or whatever it is that can happen to a soul other than moving on to another incarnation, or the phase in-between incarnations?

Soul death means that the soul reactor stops (Effectively ceases to be something living). Basically the soul reactor shuts down. Consciousness stops soon afterwards (if it just a matter of the reactor stalling out). The reactor doesn’t stall out or stop unless acted on by an outside force, so normally when the reactor stops, everything else got blasted well enough to stop too, so one probably won’t notice the delay. If you are incarnate at the time, the body goes into a coma-like state. If the soul is restored to functioning quickly, the body will wake up as well (with a hell of a headache).

The spiritual guts are rather resilient as I mentioned above and takes very high level magic to actually destroy it (Many parts would be considered “hard magic”). It’s easy to kill a soul, it’s MUCH harder to obliterate it, so it can’t be resurrected. If the reactor stops, but is undamaged, from what I understand, it will continue to gain energy and hit a critical mass to restart (after decades….But it will happen :) ). Obviously, I’ve never tested this as a lower. The spiritual body won’t decay because of how much of it is made from hard magic, but there is enough “softer” stuff for someone easily kill a spirit.

Speaking of which, what can happen to souls beyond moving on to reincarnate?

They can decide not to reincarnate. They can go exploring, get a job, etc. If they are ready, they can evolve, and get into what that entails afterwards, etc.

I am also curious - if someone does severe damage to someone else magically, in a soul-damaging sort of way, does the soul heal? Can it repair itself over time, and if it does so, does it do so from the moment of damage, or only once the soul ends one life and before it starts another? Can they heal completely in between lifetimes? Completely within a lifetime? Or is this something not much research has been put into?

If damage is taken, the soul heals on it’s own, yes. It starts to heal basically immediately, but like a cut on your arm, it takes time to heal. Unfortunately, just because it heals, doesn’t mean it heals right or back the ways it was necessarily. The overall time it takes to heal depends greatly on what got damaged and how much. It takes however long it takes, within a lifetime or not. That part isn’t relevant. I will say that if it is that severe, most spirits will try to either heal themselves or find someone who can heal them.

Furthermore, what exactly happens to what we perceive as ourselves upon soul death? Do we actually die (I suspect not, but might as well ask)? What happens to our conscience, memories, etc? What happens to the astral body? Does the entire combination of bodies that is ourselves eventually fail due to a lack of energy from the soul reactor? Does another soul take the place of the dead one, taking over as the controller? Is this a viable form of reincarnation for a soul - taking over the place of a just 'killed' soul, or do the only souls that take over in the aftermath of soul death (if any do) happen to be already existing ones in the astral that happen to want a body to be linked to? How much control does the new soul's 'personality' (if souls by themselves have anything of the sort) have over the personality of the 'self' that remains after soul death?

Some of this was answered above. As far as your conscience, etc. goes, you just “switch off.” You have no concept of time or anything else because you aren’t alive. That’s it. And yes, you actually die. Until something brings you back (but they don’t have to). No more reincarnation or anything else. If you are talking about your physical body dying upon soul death, it normally just goes into a coma and the problems that creates. Can a spirit decide to take over? I would think so, but I don’t think that would happen. Any spirit that is rigged to really control a human body full time normally has their own. Controlling the “meat puppet” isn’t a simple thing, especially for longer term use. Besides, something would notice and kick them out eventually. That’s likely why you don’t see possessing spirits hanging out too long. On a technical end, yes, it can happen and be viable. On a political end, I don’t think it would work.

As far as personalities go, it would be of the possessing spirit. The more of the original soul is still in the body operating things, the more of an overlap of personalities between the original and the new spirit. However, in this case of soul death, there shouldn’t be anything left of the original, at least longer term.

As far as bodies failing, I would think over time, the astral body would eventually evaporate from lack of energy, but it would take a while. The hard magic pieces wouldn’t decay, and unless something was actively destroying the softer pieces, I would think the infrastructure of the hard magic pieces would keep the softer stuff around.

Ouch, long post…Hopefully it was enlightening.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Psychokinetic Wannabe » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:42 am

LordArt wrote:We kept “fixing” her, not understanding what the problem was initially. Everything we fixed, by the next day had completely broken down again, no matter what we did until we understood the cause. In her case, her reactor had been realigned by a “high energy event” and was poisoning her from the inside out. Extreme measures had to be done to correct the issue, and while corrected, we didn’t do the correction, something else with the expertise did.

A: I have to ask - is "High Energy Event" a general category of events, presumably involving either particularly exotic energies, or large amounts of energies, or is it a more specific type of event? For analogy, are we referring to something as general as 'violence' or 'assault', something more specific like 'assault with a knife', or something very specific like "5 or more stab-wounds to the torso"? Now that I think about it, those might be bad examples... Perhaps more along the lines of comparing explosions: Is it, say, any explosion that produces 'x' joules, or a specific explosion, such as a nuclear detonation, which by it's nature is at least going to produce 'x' joules, but also will produce other stuff specific to that explosion type, i.e. radiation?

B: Do you have the expertise now to fix something like that?

C: How long was she 'poisoning herself from the inside' before it was fixed?

LordArt wrote:I wouldn’t be so paranoid about it.

It was less paranoia and more curiosity. It's always nice to know what will happen if you completely piss off Cthulhu, even if Cthulhu probably doesn't exist, even if you don't intend to piss it off if it does, and even if you couldn't do anything that would piss it off even if you intended to. Just, you know, for knowledge's sake.

LordArt wrote:If something magically bigger wanted to screw with you in such a way, you’d be screwed anyways.

Oh, I can only imagine. I have no doubts. I also have no doubts that even if I knew about the various things it could do, if it WANTED to screw with me, it would, and not a damn thing I could do would stop it.

LordArt wrote:There are much nastier ways and easier ways to torture you if that is the intent of the entity.

If you're willing to share any, please do. Though I can see why you'd be hesitant to, especially on a public forum, since all you'd have is my word that I would never use it in a way that I deemed unethical, but even if you trusted me there's the rest of the world that could read these things, and you never know - there's always a few who could stumble across them who would pull them off.

And of course, like giving someone an over-load, some are probably easy to pull off.

LordArt wrote:Once the bad energy is cleaned out, things might go back to normal, or the system might be permanently bypassed. I’ve come across a lot of people over the years that are “broken” for various reasons simply because they didn’t heal right. Sort of like breaking a bone and not setting it correctly…It just heals wrong.

Can this be repaired much like a poorly healed bone can be 'rebroken' and then set correctly? I'm assuming the analogy doesn't go that far, but I mean, that is reparable, yes? Is it something one can repair from the inside, or otherwise on their own? Similarly, any ways I can tell if I'm (or someone else) is in any way broken by looking at their spiritual system without having greatly trained senses and a knowledge of astral biology?

LordArt wrote:The issue was brought up on the forums so that people didn’t purposely accidentally put foreign energy that far into their spiritual guts and not know the dangers in doing so.

Well personally pretty much the only ability I am naturally good at is healing, so I never ended up screwing up like that so far, but I WOULD probably have eventually tried to see what 'healing' I get out of taking what I would've conceived of as "Life Force", presumably what we're talking about here, and putting it in someone else, due to the assumption that it was common to all. So you certainly accomplished that.

LordArt wrote:They can decide not to reincarnate. They can go exploring, get a job, etc. If they are ready, they can evolve, and get into what that entails afterwards, etc.

Most of that I kinda meant under the term "move on" but I was being vague, so my fault. I meant along the lines of being utterly destroyed. Are there different forms thereof, can a soul be destroyed and made unable to recover, but still able to be some 'recovered' by outside intervention, do souls have, so do speak, 'uber-souls', that can reincarnate into (or re-create for themselves) another soul, or anything of the sort? Is there anything akin to a happy-go-lucky light at the end of a tunnel ending for a soul that is "obliterated", a sort of nirvana-esque existence? Or is reality, as it often is, a bitch to warm human sentiments of a meaningful eternal existence? As in, are all of the above something of a human delusion based on the mind trying desperately to cling to the notion of somehow existing forever, ultimately to be denied when we get our heads out of our flesh-puppet sand and see reality for what it is? I wouldn't really mind if it is, and it's certainly starting to seem that way, but it's always nice to ask and find out if anyone with greater experience has observed anything to indicate which way the truth happens to be in.

How exactly does evolution happen, and what does it entail? Or is this something you yourself either don't entirely know or don't wish to share on a public medium?

LordArt wrote:Can a spirit decide to take over? I would think so, but I don’t think that would happen. Any spirit that is rigged to really control a human body full time normally has their own. Controlling the “meat puppet” isn’t a simple thing, especially for longer term use. Besides, something would notice and kick them out eventually. That’s likely why you don’t see possessing spirits hanging out too long. On a technical end, yes, it can happen and be viable. On a political end, I don’t think it would work.

What would you think the politics would be behind a murdered mage taking over the body of his/her(/its - hypothetically) killer? I would assume, yes, most mages capable of doing the above are also capable of not getting killed by something mundane enough that it could take it over, but suppose they were having a bad day, had some of their protective bad-shit-happening-preventative spells down for maintenance or whatever, or fell asleep with them down, or just happened to be killed by a determined 'non' in general while asleep or otherwise caught both physically and magically with "their pants down" so to speak?

Ignoring the logical problems that come for you with choosing to sit inside a murderer's body after the murder happens, what with the inconvenience and all, suppose that the soul first ensures its killer is not caught, but for whatever reason had something it felt it absolutely needed to do that required a meat puppet. Or maybe it just felt that it would be ethical for it to oust the killer to prevent some more murders, or whatever. Hypothetical indirectly related complications aside, in other words, do you suspect that soul/spirit would have to deal with crap on the astral politics side of things if it did so? Would this be placating some nay-sayers by presenting a logical argument, or downright having to set up some magical fortifications and fight off the sieging astral entities coming to pull it out?

LordArt wrote:Ouch, long post…Hopefully it was enlightening.

It was enlightening indeed. I wouldn't keep asking questions if talking with you wasn't. :)
If a thing be really good, it can be shown to be such. If you cannot demonstrate its excellence, it may well be suspected that you are no proper judge of it.
- William Godwin
Psychokinetic Wannabe
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby LordArt » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:52 pm

Psychokinetic Wannabe wrote:A: I have to ask - is "High Energy Event" a general category of events, presumably involving either particularly exotic energies, or large amounts of energies, or is it a more specific type of event? For analogy, are we referring to something as general as 'violence' or 'assault', something more specific like 'assault with a knife', or something very specific like "5 or more stab-wounds to the torso"? Now that I think about it, those might be bad examples... Perhaps more along the lines of comparing explosions: Is it, say, any explosion that produces 'x' joules, or a specific explosion, such as a nuclear detonation, which by it's nature is at least going to produce 'x' joules, but also will produce other stuff specific to that explosion type, i.e. radiation?

It is a general category so I don’t have to go into what actually happened. It involved a lot of energy and in this case, bad stuff happened as a side effect. I won’t go into it on a public forum.

B: Do you have the expertise now to fix something like that?

The Official stance is no.

C: How long was she 'poisoning herself from the inside' before it was fixed?

About two weeks. Probably less. It was a while ago now to remember exactly.

It was less paranoia and more curiosity. It's always nice to know what will happen if you completely piss off Cthulhu, even if Cthulhu probably doesn't exist, even if you don't intend to piss it off if it does, and even if you couldn't do anything that would piss it off even if you intended to. Just, you know, for knowledge's sake.

Cthulhu is fun. :twisted: Just don’t let him out of the box. Besides, Cthulhu would just eat you, he wouldn’t care about doing something so technical.

Oh, I can only imagine. I have no doubts. I also have no doubts that even if I knew about the various things it could do, if it WANTED to screw with me, it would, and not a damn thing I could do would stop it.

Yes and no. You do like every other entity in that kind of situation. Run to something bigger and hope they help.

LordArt wrote:There are much nastier ways and easier ways to torture you if that is the intent of the entity.

If you're willing to share any, please do. Though I can see why you'd be hesitant to, especially on a public forum, since all you'd have is my word that I would never use it in a way that I deemed unethical, but even if you trusted me there's the rest of the world that could read these things, and you never know - there's always a few who could stumble across them who would pull them off.

Umm, yeah. Not in a public forum. No point in giving ideas of what can be done. People are creative enough on that sort of thing.

LordArt wrote:Once the bad energy is cleaned out, things might go back to normal, or the system might be permanently bypassed. I’ve come across a lot of people over the years that are “broken” for various reasons simply because they didn’t heal right. Sort of like breaking a bone and not setting it correctly…It just heals wrong.

Can this be repaired much like a poorly healed bone can be 'rebroken' and then set correctly? I'm assuming the analogy doesn't go that far, but I mean, that is reparable, yes? Is it something one can repair from the inside, or otherwise on their own? Similarly, any ways I can tell if I'm (or someone else) is in any way broken by looking at their spiritual system without having greatly trained senses and a knowledge of astral biology?

It depends on the system if it can be rebroken, or needs “replacing”. (ie. If you pulverize a bone, it can’t just be rebroken, you have to replace with a steel rod or something, or regrow a bone if you have that kind of ability). As far as self-repair goes, that depends on your skill/knowledge and what you are fixing.

As far as telling if someone is broken without good senses and an idea of astral biology, I would say can you do surgery without having a good idea of how to use a knife and stitching let alone physical biology? I’ll admit astral biology is FAR more forgiving for screw ups than physical biology, but still. I would say the best way to learn astral biology is use yourself as a template. Look at others that seem “ok”. Then when you come across someone who is symptomatic, do a comparison. See if you can figure out the differences between simply changes between individuals and something that is actually out of place/wrong. That is the best advice I can give you.

LordArt wrote:The issue was brought up on the forums so that people didn’t purposely accidentally put foreign energy that far into their spiritual guts and not know the dangers in doing so.

Well personally pretty much the only ability I am naturally good at is healing, so I never ended up screwing up like that so far, but I WOULD probably have eventually tried to see what 'healing' I get out of taking what I would've conceived of as "Life Force", presumably what we're talking about here, and putting it in someone else, due to the assumption that it was common to all. So you certainly accomplished that.

Then I have been successful. :)

Most of that I kinda meant under the term "move on" but I was being vague, so my fault. I meant along the lines of being utterly destroyed. Are there different forms thereof, can a soul be destroyed and made unable to recover, but still able to be some 'recovered' by outside intervention, do souls have, so do speak, 'uber-souls', that can reincarnate into (or re-create for themselves) another soul, or anything of the sort? Is there anything akin to a happy-go-lucky light at the end of a tunnel ending for a soul that is "obliterated", a sort of nirvana-esque existence? Or is reality, as it often is, a bitch to warm human sentiments of a meaningful eternal existence? As in, are all of the above something of a human delusion based on the mind trying desperately to cling to the notion of somehow existing forever, ultimately to be denied when we get our heads out of our flesh-puppet sand and see reality for what it is? I wouldn't really mind if it is, and it's certainly starting to seem that way, but it's always nice to ask and find out if anyone with greater experience has observed anything to indicate which way the truth happens to be in.

As a lower, you have a single cycle. Birth, death, and recovery before rebirth. The recovery is you waking up as your inner, but the next lower isn’t you as your “previous” lower. Your inner continues externally as long as it isn’t killed (ie. Soul death). Being killed isn’t as bad in the astral as it is in the physical since something can resurrect you. If it’s a matter of your soul reactor stalling out, it will eventually kick itself back over again. If it an issue of being too damaged, then external help is required, but you won’t lose anything other than being out of it for the time you were dead. Being obliterated is a different matter. You can have pieces obliterated, and while those pieces can be replaced, you’ve lost what essence was in there. In some cases, you simply aren’t the same person anymore depending on how much you’ve lost of yourself. Complete obliteration there is just nothing left, so you are just permanently gone. Even if you theoretically make backup clones of yourself, those others aren’t you, just copies of you. But those clone parts can be very useful if just pieces get blown away. The good news is, it is very difficult to totally destroy a soul, and generally just killing you is quite sufficient for anything they might want to do to you. It just isn’t worth the extra effort to go so far as obliteration. Besides, if someone is known for obliterating, they are asking for that kind of level of destruction against themselves, so it isn’t worth the risk.

How exactly does evolution happen, and what does it entail? Or is this something you yourself either don't entirely know or don't wish to share on a public medium?

I can only conjecture. I know some of the processes, but I don’t know the trigger. If I knew the trigger, I wouldn’t be here. I’ve seen it happen in one case, but that is not enough data to say it always happens that way. To put it simply, it’s merging with another entity. But I’ve seen other versions that weren’t quite so successful. So I’m sure there are many ways that I have no clue of.

What would you think the politics would be behind a murdered mage taking over the body of his/her(/its - hypothetically) killer? I would assume, yes, most mages capable of doing the above are also capable of not getting killed by something mundane enough that it could take it over, but suppose they were having a bad day, had some of their protective bad-shit-happening-preventative spells down for maintenance or whatever, or fell asleep with them down, or just happened to be killed by a determined 'non' in general while asleep or otherwise caught both physically and magically with "their pants down" so to speak?

Politically, I doubt they would be able to do much. If a person was able to kill the mage, it is considered a clean kill. A real mage would know it was coming and avoid the event, even if was subconscious. If the physical event happened, it was because something powerful enough wanted it to happen (be it a third party (teaching a lesson, wanting to see what would happen/testing, politics, etc.), the opposing party, or even the mage’s inner). Because of that, once the deed is done, whoever forced the event will keep it that way. Reality is malleable enough to avoid such events quite easily, so if it happens it is because something WANTS it to happen.

Ignoring the logical problems that come for you with choosing to sit inside a murderer's body after the murder happens, what with the inconvenience and all, suppose that the soul first ensures its killer is not caught, but for whatever reason had something it felt it absolutely needed to do that required a meat puppet. Or maybe it just felt that it would be ethical for it to oust the killer to prevent some more murders, or whatever. Hypothetical indirectly related complications aside, in other words, do you suspect that soul/spirit would have to deal with crap on the astral politics side of things if it did so? Would this be placating some nay-sayers by presenting a logical argument, or downright having to set up some magical fortifications and fight off the sieging astral entities coming to pull it out?

You are thinking too inside the box. You can’t think like a person, you have to think like a god. Every major event in your life is orcastrated by something (normally yourself but it isn’t always that simple). Something like death certainly isn’t coincidental. Life isn’t always for your benefit, it could be for someone else’s, so sometimes you are just a bit part for someone else’s event. It’s like work, you have to work all day, but after hours you can play LAN games on the hardware while you wait for the next event.

The Omnis use to always be gone to help terminally ill relatives. We’d make them feel better but they will still pop off at the appointed time anyways. Another more recent time this came up, and instead of trying to cure the illness, I changed the individual’s destiny. Playing god rather than playing doctor. He survived alright for another 2 years until I pulled the spell by request. Why? Because while he survived, the illness didn’t disappear so he ran out of medical insurance (because the survival rate was like 3-6 months max), it fucked up his family both financially and especially emotionally. Changing events have longer term repercussions and you have to account for that, and just because you want your way, doesn’t mean everything else is idle and will let your change affect their agendas if it’s important. (Yes, I knew better than to do it, but I had reasons to do it anyways)

To answer your question, I think it would greatly depend on the killer’s astral connections. If they were a loner, no one is going to care if they are repossessed. If they had powerful backers, you’ll have fight you’ll likely lose.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Obsidian » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:11 am

Taking more of a philosophical view here..

If every major event in your life is orchestrated, are they the sort of thing that will happen irrespective of your choices or am I thinking too literally?

I'll use an example:

Singer in a band I love was doing a show, 1000 pound lighting galley fell on him and fractured his skull, broke his pelvis, whole bunch of stuff. Long story short, he spent 4 years in pain that strong he could hardly move.

Is the event in his life that he was supposed to be on the stage at the time to be crushed by that SPECIFIC object or more generally that he was supposed to suffer through the 4 years of pain or...

I'm just wondering how specifically it's scripted. Like, I'm a musician and I practice 3 to 4 hours a day generally. If that's not scripted in as my 'path', is it time wasted or will I still experience my life's lessons on that path?

I think I could be taking it too literally though, so forgive me if I'm mistaken.

And, from your personal view-point, is being able to observe and interact with the destiny web surrounding people something you enjoy or would rather not be able to do? I've heard stories from friends that tinkering with it really got to them mentally and emotionally and that they essentially didn't like what they could do there.

I'm really enjoying this conversation between yourself and Psychokinetic_Wannabe, I hope it continues and the information keeps flowing. Thanks Art! =)
"Nothing is more amazing than getting the shit kicked out of you by something you didn't believe existed" - David.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Next

Return to Open Magical Discussion