Login | Register

Sparring Techniques

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Sparring Techniques

Postby Illusion » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:01 am

I feel like this war is kind of one sided, lol... I almost pity you. Here, I'll even lend you some techniques to try out, maybe they will work better than the crap you have tried thus far lol.

TELEPATHY BLAST-Open your third eye. Send a telepathic message to your target that their whole body is in unbearable pain. Their brain should kick in and do the rest of the work for you. To improve the effect, add velocity to the message. - Original Psionic Dojo Technique - Psychic Hazard Level 1 or 2

PSYCHIC MELTDOWN-Open your third eye. Enter a meditative state, and locate your targets psi signature. When you find them, Link to them. This is the tricky part. Through the link, start to drain them of their psi. Then after you think you have drained enough, send the energy back as fast as you can through the link, also add your own. This should cause an overload of sorts and ultimately casue a temporary meltdown, resulting in the targets abilities to go haywire, and shutting down after the mental screw ups. - Original Psionic Dojo Technique - Psychic Hazard Level 3 or 4

SOLAR FLARE-Basically it's a plasma move, but can be used with ki, or psi. Make sure you have enough energy of course. Charge only your hands immensly with the energy of your choice. While outside, program the energy to magnetize the suns heat to you, but not to your hands, just in front of you. Now with this energy from your hands, reverse the polarity, or effect of your energy to push away the sun's energy, and throw the energy from your hands to your opponent. This should make the energy you collected move away from your energy, therefore hitting your opponent, and then you opponent getting a second dose of pain from the energy that was on your hands. - Original Psionic Dojo Technique - Psychic Hazard Level 1

FROZEN FURY-For thermokinetics and cryokinetics. Slow down the water molecules in the air around your target. Make it move everywhere they move around them. Finally when your target is still, bring the molecules closer to their body, until you feel it has touched their skin. While doing this still slow the water molecules. If you are experienced enough, they will get a shudder, or a prickly feeling. If your real good, and have been practicing for years (3-6), try and make the water in their body cold. For those pyrokinetics out their, try this by speeding up molecules period that are in the air. Call it Burning Fury. - Original Psionic Dojo Technique

PATTERN DISTORTION-Pattern distortion is pretty much telepathy blast taken to the next level. As in telepathy blast you send a telepathic message to your target's mind. Instead of just focusing on your target's mind in general, focus on their subconsious. With each telepathic blast, you send a different message or pattern of feeling or thought. (Example: first message to subconsious would be unbearable pain. Then the second could be irresistable itching, and so on.) Again, like the telepathy blast, adding velocity would improve the effect. If done well it could be very funny, and uncomfortable to sensitive people. This is not intended as a last resort. - Original Psionic Dojo Technique - Psychic Hazard Level 1 to 5 (Varying)
Psion Recruitment: http://www.RedDragonSociety.tk

Intensive Combat Training: http://www.freewebs.com/psifight/
Illusion
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:44 pm

Please, go back to watching your anime.

As far as "crap I've tried thus far", what are you talking about? Paranoia doesn't endear you to or gain respect from anyone.

If you want to have a serious discussion, then present one rather then thinking this is a scene from some anime flik.

As far as the techniques you present, I'm sure they do fine in a psi setting against psi opponents, but they are all raw will magic based, and as you likely know Omnimancy only uses raw will styles for the first few weeks of training, favoring tech over the "brawn" you present. Even the lower ranking members of Omnimancy are taught how to simply turn off the other person's ability to do magic, there by neutralizing one's opponent.

Much of your suggested techniques require the person to actually be able to get past the person's defenses in the first place, and that is a VERY BIG assumption that will happen, and the first Achilles heal of your presented techniques. I could go further, but it's unlikely you want a discussion or are even listening, so the comment is more for the others that may end up reading this thread.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Draco_Platina » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:12 am

Go away Redd. Seriously. Disinformation was never your strong point.
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
Deus est Machinae, ex Nihil; Tu Deo.
Draco_Platina
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Obsidian » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:30 am

It sort've upsets me reading through that list.

Can you imagine how many people out there have taken actual damage because of one of their friends trying out 'this totally wicked trick!' that they read?

Particularly the meltdown. Guuuh. Painful much?

In a case of Psion V Psion (or mage *laughs*) there'll generally be less accidental damage. When little anime-intense kiddies find this and 'use it' on the bullies at school..

Thankfully there's no 'real' explanation of how to do it.

Except for Solar Flare. I love that. But I want a Tri-beam too =( And a visible third eye *pouts*
"Nothing is more amazing than getting the shit kicked out of you by something you didn't believe existed" - David.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby Ollieup » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:04 am

1st, this is crap, unless you are extremely experienced, so much that you can do whatever you want and make it work. 2nd, it isn't even original crap. You copied & pasted from Psionic Dojo. Their site sucks.
Ollieup
Visitor
Visitor

Postby indigoblade » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:49 am

Jeez...what the hell is this crap. Sorry but I just don't see these techniques as being very viable. For one while you are concentrating (if we were in the same area) I'd just walk over to you and hit you. For another I'd just set up an interference shield and screw up your attacks or just mirror them back to you. Or i could even just utilize the fact that energy reacts to an observers beliefs and just believe your psiattacks to be useless. Go train in Qi gong and then maybee I'll take you more seriously.
indigoblade
Visitor
Visitor

Postby indigoblade » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:53 pm

oh...I do relize that what you posted was a joke mister clandestine so ppppppppppppppppfffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttt :P

:revenge: :whee: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
indigoblade
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Psychokinetic Wannabe » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:34 pm

In case this isn't common knowledge around here (it's not mentioned here explicitly so I thought I'd mention it): The guy who did the above trolling was not actually Clandestine. The guy who goes under the name Clandestine in psifight's IRC chat had nothing to do with this.

LordArt wrote:Even the lower ranking members of Omnimancy are taught how to simply turn off the other person's ability to do magic, there by neutralizing one's opponent.

I had that done to me once. By miri I believe. Ironically this was during a spar on psifight. Or what would've been a spar had miri not promptly handed my ass to me the moment we started by doing the above.

EDIT: I must admit that sure helped me get a better grasp of what psychic combat would be like in real confrontations. More so than any more typical spar.
If a thing be really good, it can be shown to be such. If you cannot demonstrate its excellence, it may well be suspected that you are no proper judge of it.
- William Godwin
Psychokinetic Wannabe
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Mindlessinvalid » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:40 pm

ah good ol miri,
he and I were working on an occult research site together with avkon and NoMad, I went awol because I found some research that I couldn't possibly be torn away from, it turned out to be a dead end, but was interesting up to that point.

Miri scares me a bit,
whereas most people who are inclined to psionically spar are of the solider mindset,
Miri is of the intellectual blood knight mindset,
He fights because it's fun (secondhand anecdote)
and he takes everything apart to see how it works,
every time he sees something new, he gets stronger (not through energy, but knowledge, and knowledge is power.)

When I spar, I always rig the battle field (metaphorically) before hand.

I normally create some trap constructs (or even tech when I'm really feelin mean) and give a false signature on them so the inexperienced ones ping/link/blast it and get the backlash.

Also, before I initiate a sparring match, I layer signature negation shields at different intervals with trapped shields bearing my signature. (most psions call the signature negation shields, cloaking shields, but that's not really a very good term and can be misleading.)

(yes I know I just gave my entire strategy away, but the people who tend to try to spar me are too inexperienced to utilize the info)

I also have some servitors hanging around at all times.

If after a while, they don't give up or incapacitate themselves (newbies can be persistent), I lock them down with an inverted ward (defined as a reverse of a target frequency to negate any energy with their pattern on it) shield, and upload a virus to transmute their energy to something that is harder to work with (the kinds that don't 'stick' or 'shape' well) while maintaining their pattern or frequency to make it harder for them to recover.

The final measures are built to disengage after 2 weeks.

I don't try to harm anyone directly, and even less so seriously or permanently.
Ima chargin mah construct!
Mindlessinvalid
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion