Login | Register

Vexen joins the web forum; seeks future Omnimancy membership

Forum to Discuss whatever is on your mind!

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Vexen joins the web forum; seeks future Omnimancy membership

Postby vexen » Sun May 04, 2003 7:28 pm

:) Hello, I wanted to introduce myself to the Omnimancy community! :)

I was wondering approximately how many people are currently active members?

I live in Austin Texas, which has a great amount of natural beauty. LordArt should be/have recieving/recieved an email from me, giving a fair description of me. It is likely that most members already had at least some interest in magic if they didn't already practice some form themselves before coming across this site, this holds true for me as well.

My personal goals involving magic have a few reoccuring themes, to improve myself, my environment, and anything else I can improve upon. I've studied a few different eastern and western religions, though none incredibly indepth. I would also like to, if possible, remove the confusion of magic and make it more applicable in day to day life as a tool. Also, I dislike communicating with the english language, no matter how long you think, or hard you try, it is likely that there is someone who will misunderstand you. It would be nice to be able to communicate with feelings and images, though such a thing may not nessasarly be accomplished through magic. Also, I've noticed that we all operate on some level as a single entity, and that by helping you, I help myself and visa versa. Thanks for taking the time to read my post, and I'd also like to thank the developers of both the approach and website for Omnimancy.Hope to meet you all!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
vexen
Visitor
Visitor

Postby microbe » Mon May 05, 2003 8:08 pm

Welcome to the board Vexen.

I'm in Austin myself. Out of curiousity, what part of town are you in?
microbe
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Wed May 07, 2003 2:47 pm

I was wondering approximately how many people are currently active members?

Currently around 25 between the various groups with another 5-6 in an extended group that are quasi-active. Omnimancy is relatively new as a "tradition" however we seem to be growing logrithmically.

It is likely that most members already had at least some interest in magic if they didn't already practice some form themselves before coming across this site, this holds true for me as well.

It's always dangerous to make sweeping statements. As Ogre mentioned in response to your other post, many didn't in core and some didn't in North either. Our lastest newbie in Core is only into Omnimancy because her roommates in her dorm room were Omnimancers and was curious and got "hooked". :)

Also, I dislike communicating with the english language, no matter how long you think, or hard you try, it is likely that there is someone who will misunderstand you. It would be nice to be able to communicate with feelings and images, though such a thing may not nessasarly be accomplished through magic.

Well, while the english language isn't perfect, it works to a point. The communication with images and feelings really only works if that is your native tongue and the native tongue of the person your speaking to. There can be just as much problems with misunderstandings if you don't interpret the images/feelings right. The "just knowing"/"just understanding" is the best form of communication, but is rarely done, and more happens than is something that has been able to just out and communicate with.

Also, I've noticed that we all operate on some level as a single entity, and that by helping you, I help myself and visa versa.

Umm, what is your basis for that?

As far as you seeking Omnimancy membership, if we haven't scared you away yet, email me for further details on that.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby vexen » Wed May 07, 2003 9:56 pm

:) Hello again everyone!

Qustions answered...

(Microbe)
I'm in Austin myself. Out of curiousity, what part of town are you in?

I live in central Austin, near campus.

It's always dangerous to make sweeping statements. As Ogre mentioned in response to your other post, many didn't in core and some didn't in North either. Our lastest newbie in Core is only into Omnimancy because her roommates in her dorm room were Omnimancers and was curious and got "hooked".

Yes, this is very true! Sometimes I assume a little too much, though I'm usually pretty good about getting pretty close to my mark. It is also true that I have overlooked the fact that some people could possibly 'surf' in and either become interested to learn more, or want to debunk the whole idea. I'll try to be more careful next time! heheheh.

Well, while the english language isn't perfect, it works to a point. The communication with images and feelings really only works if that is your native tongue and the native tongue of the person your speaking to. There can be just as much problems with misunderstandings if you don't interpret the images/feelings right. The "just knowing"/"just understanding" is the best form of communication, but is rarely done, and more happens than is something that has been able to just out and communicate with.

Yes, of course, that was what I was trying to say. Damn english language! see what I mean (lol)? What I mean by images and feelings should be translated to "just knowing" for future reference, though I will probably refer to it as just knowing from now on. To be honest I do not hate the english language, but I've developed a certain distaste from the confusion that can stem from different definitions, and the context in which things can be taken.

Hmm the basis for the single entity thing is really hard for me to communicate because I lack the words to adequately describe what it is I mean. I do not mean that we are not individuals, but, what I do mean is that on some deep core level, we are all connected, and seem to in a way, conciously or subconciously, allow for certain events to play out in such a way that we are almost apart of a sort of play, and that things almost seem rehearsed. Kind of like we planned a production, and we are trying to ensure it is the best production ever. Well, I think that is as close as I can get to clarification. My basis is all around us, the way things seem to work out, and irony in some situations. I believe that with the clarification of what I mean, it may make more sense. I will try to clarify more if need be, but it may take some thinking ! lol.

I sent the email before I did my first post, but just prior to this post, I gratefully recieved an email in response to the one I wrote first. To microbe, if you would like more information, please request it, my email address should be available through my messages on this forum. I would like to get to know you a little better first.

:wink: Austin :)
vexen
Visitor
Visitor

Postby vexen » Wed May 07, 2003 9:59 pm

:lol: Silly me, I meant to put my signature, not the name of the city I was in! :lol:

My mistake!

~Vexen
vexen
Visitor
Visitor

Return to General Discussion