Login | Register

Server Down due to Hurricane

Forum to Discuss whatever is on your mind!

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Server Down due to Hurricane

Postby LordArt » Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:58 am

Yep, Hurricane Isabel had it's fun. Pretty light show as several (read 3) transformers litterially blew up, lighting up the sky for about a half hour as the power continued to course through them. Either that or we were being invaded by an army of Terminators from the future, but the former seems more likely. :lol: Also, the local power pole by my house decided to do it's usual and explode too (ie. one of the power lines hit the other, sparked and melted the line, which broke it). I decided it was probably a bright idea (other than calling the police saying the pole outside my house was on fire again), was to turn everything off in the house, and turn off the main circuit breaker to the house to prevent any power surge or brown out damage.

But the server is back up as you can see. Nothing seems damaged.

This message is here just in case you were wondering why the server was down for a few hours in the middle of the night.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Ogre » Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:02 am

Yes, the light show at about 1 am was truely terrific, but the hum is what first made us notice it. :)

<Deep ominous hummmm...>

-Ogre
Ogre
The Kinky Jesus
The Kinky Jesus

Return to General Discussion