Login | Register

A Light Thought- NOTE: Satanic Evangelism

Forum to Discuss whatever is on your mind!

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
A Light Thought- NOTE: Satanic Evangelism

Postby EtuMalku » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:29 pm

Being this is for what is on one's mind, I figured I might spew out some of my latest vernacular cud concerning Lucifer and the misunderstandings of which.
Allow me to reiterate my self, I am an Asetianist, I follow the Kemetic belief system of the Aset Ka.

The word Lucifer is found in only one place in the Bible -- Isaiah 14:12 -- but only in the King James and related versions: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! . . ." The New Revised Standard Version translates the same passage as "How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, Son of Dawn!" In other translations we find: "O shining star of the dawn!" (Moffatt) or "O morning-star, son of the dawn!" (Hebrew Bible). The King James Version is based on the Vulgate, the Latin translation of Jerome. Jerome translated the Hebrew helel (bright or brilliant one) as "lucifer," which was a reasonable Latin equivalent. And yet it is this lucifer, the bright one or lightbearer, that came to be understood by so many as the name for Satan, Lord of Darkness.

Lucifer is not an Adversary as the word Satan (Shaiten) describes
Lucifer is the 'Bringer of Light' in other words Lux Lucis (Lucifer) is gnosis, truth and Divine knowledge.
Lucifer makes His debut in the Testaments as the Serpent in the Garden of Eden pointing out to Eve that God is a liar and you will not die if you eat of the fruit of knowledge, which she did and did not die.
Lucifer brought us the Truth and our Free Will, shows us the way to either be One with God or to be a God ourself

Satan is a personification of the Judaic word al-satan (who borrowed it from the Persians' Shaiten) meaning adversary. The word is used more as a descriptive noun or pronoun. A fallen tree preventing a husband from getting to his injured wife would be considered a tree of shaiten, more or less.
Shaiten did not become Satan until much later where Jewish sects / tribes such as the Essenes began referring to anyone not an Essene as a Shaiten. Still further the Roman Christian church decided it was time to personify shaiten into Satan and have Him become the scapegoat for all evil in the Christian world.
There is no Satan

Lucifer est lux lucis

Lucifer is the god of progress and intellectual inquiry, not only the divine inspiration behind the spiritual enlightenment of the Gnostic and the heretic and the lover of God in all his/her forms.
Through Lucifer's spirit humanity first climbed down from the trees and has represented the flow of progress ever since.

But Lucifer may be more than a metaphor for rebellion, enlightenment and advancement - as the pure creative and motive light, Lucifer may actually be the key to life itself . . .

The DNA within the nuclei of all cells of living creatures contains biophotons or ultra-weak proton emissions - in other words, light!
A dynamic web of light constantly released and absorbed by the DNA connects cells, tissues and organs and serve as the organism's main communication network.

Lucifer is on the move inside you and me, chattering between cell and cell, rousing the cohorts of the life-force, keeping us alive and wonderful. Every man and woman is a star - and now we know we have our own inner light.

Em hotep
Thank you for listening
EM
Erta Na Hekau Apen Ast
EtuMalku
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Fenix » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:00 am

"Lucifer is the god of progress and intellectual inquiry"

I find that part interesting, as it was the "tree of knowledge" from which the apple was taken and eaten.
--Fenix--
Fenix
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:35 am

Please note this site is about magic, not religion. Please do not discuss religion or it's views here. It will not be tolerated.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby EtuMalku » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:59 pm

How does one separate 'spirituality' from Majik?
Erta Na Hekau Apen Ast
EtuMalku
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Moonburn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:03 pm

The same way you separate it from science.
Moonburn
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:00 pm

EtuMalku wrote:How does one separate 'spirituality' from Majik?

Quite simply actually. This whole site is an example of a type of magic that doesn't use entities or deities or "spirituality". There are others types to be sure that remove religion from magic, this is just one.

For me, magic IS a science. If you do X, you get Y as a result. My entire order/tradition is based on that.

If you didn't read the site, then why are you here?
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby EtuMalku » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:24 am

LordArt wrote:
EtuMalku wrote:How does one separate 'spirituality' from Majik?

If you didn't read the site, then why are you here?
We have put up a Message board online. Please feel free to use it to chat, ask questions, or simply relate your experiences! Thanks!

That is why.

Being located in Bergen County I thought I might poke around here and see what goes on.
Erta Na Hekau Apen Ast
EtuMalku
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Obsidian » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:19 am

Uhh, Etu.. I think that should be interpreted as 'chat, ask questions or simply relate your experiences' within the context of the website and the magical order.

It's actually been stated, numerous times, that Omnimancy is a non-religious magic, with much more in common with scientific practices than anything spiritual.

And whilst I found your post interesting, it's not the sort of thing Omnimancy is built on or, in my experience, has much to do with.

(p.s - In my personal opinion magic and spirituality are entirely seperate things. They're often confused but that doesn't make them inseparable)
"Nothing is more amazing than getting the shit kicked out of you by something you didn't believe existed" - David.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby StormSeeker » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:15 am

Etu: alas, if discussing the more deity-orientated or religiously inclined aspects of your magic experiences with people is what you'd like, you'll probably get more discussion going on another forum that's more geared towards those areas in combination with magic.

Whilst I found your post pretty interesting too and some of our members are more spiritual and/or religious, Omni as a system traditionally is not and as the forums depict, we don't usually discuss that area here.

The forums so far tend to be more about the discussion of possibility and the mechanics of magic etc, which is more in keeping with the fundamentals of Omnimancy. I think, considering this is what our order is about, we'd prefer to keep the discussions on the forums more in line with those fundamentals.

CB: Depending on how we're defining spirituality ie. if we're considering it the practice of honoring and nourishing one's self/soul/spirit, then in some ways I'd personally see the practice of Omni as being, in a way, some people's spirituality. (Note that spirituality != religion here.) So I don't personally consider magic and spirituality inseparable.

If we take the broad, non-religious definition of spirituality, magic and spirituality IME usually go hand in hand because the practice of magic in our lives IS part of who we are at a fundamental level and satiates that.
StormSeeker
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby LordArt » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:04 am

EtuMalku wrote:
We have put up a Message board online. Please feel free to use it to chat, ask questions, or simply relate your experiences! Thanks!

That is why.

Being located in Bergen County I thought I might poke around here and see what goes on.

But one is expected to follow the guidelines of society and not try to cause flame wars. Much like any public place, I don't think Satanic Evangelism is widely accepted, so I don't understand why you thought it would be here, the server being located somewhat local to you or not. No type of religious Evangelism is acceptable here actually, I consider it SPAM. So like the common concequence of doing so in a public place, you are being asked to stop, or to leave. Personally I think you were trolling, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Obsidian » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:47 pm

Storm: Good point. I view them as separate things entirely because, to me, magic is a tool and an art. It often will lead down the road of self-discovery and spirituality but that's more of a side-effect.

Like in martial arts. An MA system is an art-form and a tool designed to improve your body and your physical prowess. With that often comes the introspection and development of the spirit, but it isn't essential in the physical development.

Spirituality and religion are even less related in my mind, but then.. I consider religion to be a structured moral guideline and not much more.

I understand your point regarding the practice of magic satiating the spiritual hunger though and thank you for an alternate view-point =)
"Nothing is more amazing than getting the shit kicked out of you by something you didn't believe existed" - David.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby Moonburn » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:59 pm

Like in martial arts. An MA system is an art-form and a tool designed to improve your body and your physical prowess.

When I was in martial arts, my teacher stressed the importance between martial arts and martial ways. The martial arts would be the combat arts. What is labeled as the "jitsu" arts (ex. jujitsu, shanobi jitsu, bojitsu, aikijujitsu, karate jitsu etc.). The "Do" arts were classified (by him) as paths. As both a means of self defense and a spiritual source of fulfillment and growth.

The reason that I am bringing this up is his (my teacher's) further explication of the differences between the two branches. Jitsu arts were taught solely for combat purposes. In so doing, their focus was on doing things in their most efficient way possible. And honestly, spirituality and ritual are very inefficient. That is part of what enables them to be filled with meaning. It's the deliberate, energy intensive process that allows us to digest existence and its host of experiences. It's kind of the existential equivalent of those "polar bear" swimming clubs. It's invigorating and allows you to be thankful for the warmth you normally have, but don't notice.

It is of course, not the only way to behave in our world. It's not mine. But. It is one way to do things.

This group is the magical equivalent of a jitsu art. It's about pragmatism. And to me, comparing religion to pragmatism is like comparing apples to oranges. They are both seed-bearing fruits and contain decent amounts of soluble fiber. But at the end of the day, apples just don't have a rich source of d-limonene in their skin. And isn't that what this is all about? Volatile, plant-based oils?
Moonburn
Visitor
Visitor

Postby EtuMalku » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:35 am

Say no more . . . I will delete my bookmark of this forum and rid yourselves of such evil candor . . . please excuse my narrow concepts.

Sa Sekhem Sahu
EM
Erta Na Hekau Apen Ast
EtuMalku
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:33 am

EtuMalku wrote:Say no more . . . I will delete my bookmark of this forum and rid yourselves of such evil candor . . . please excuse my narrow concepts.

I would be just as annoyed if an evangelical christian came in here talking about Jesus and how he might be reinterpreted. If your only purpose here was to evangelize then perhaps it is best to move on.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby EtuMalku » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:10 am

As I read through the posts I have access to I couldn't help wonder about the one where you (LordArt) stated
"I'm definately a thaumaturge."

John Dee explains a Thaumaturge as:
" Thaumaturgy means making and operating physical devices, based on early engineering principles, to produce an effect. However, some who used the title thaumaturge related thaumaturgy to theurgy, a Greek term for a branch of magic concerned with spiritual matters. In this view, the material effect produced by a thaumaturgical device was considered to actually be caused by a spiritual ritual (theurgy), which influences the material sphere by way of the more subtle, ethereal realm.

I have noticed you do not accept Theurgy

The New Encyclopedia of the Occult. St. Paul, MN, Llewellyn Worldwide. p. 478 states:
Thaumaturgy (Greek, thaumaturgeia, from thaumata, "wonders" and ergeia, "work") is a branch of magic practiced to cause change with the sensible universe. This type of magical practice mainly concerns making a physical change in the universe without invoking divine help of the gods as opposed to theurgy. Some Neo-pagan traditions employ thaumaturgic work. A.G.H.

Would this be a correct posture on yourself and the workings of this community?
If so, I apologize as I was not truly aware of the forum's goals
I have no desire to preach Luciferic theism and since it is not tolerated here and no one will be addressing my earlier post I wouldn't mind if you deleted it completely.

Em hotep
EM

Oh . . . and where do you get off tagging my thread with "A Light Thought- NOTE: Satanic Evangelism"?
Erta Na Hekau Apen Ast
EtuMalku
Visitor
Visitor

Next

Return to General Discussion