Login | Register

NEW Energy Ways

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
NEW Energy Ways

Postby Mica » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:30 pm

Hey all
I'm very interested in Omnimancy, but am wanting to hold off for now to committing to it, and instead focus on Robert Bruce's book - Energy Work. My question to the group is, has anyone here worked through Robert's methods? If so, how does it compare with and complement omnimancy in your opinion? Has one helped the other?
Thanks
Mica
Visitor
Visitor

Re: NEW Energy Ways

Postby xan » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:39 pm

I used Robert Bruce's energy manipulation techniques from Astral Dynamics for a few years. This was long before joining Omni.

There is certainly some overlap, but I would not say that these systems are very similar. One example is that Robert Bruce's techniques focus on manipulating energy through the body (his sponging techniques, etc.) whereas Omni focuses on manipulating energy outside of it. The public documentation also touches on this:

"The reason for this is that running energy through your body can become a spellcasting crutch you need to unlearn later, and also, running too much energy through a body at once can have some unpleasant side effects. A low levels, running this much energy through the body isn't a problem, but at high levels, it can be a great issue. While it is OK to pull energy into one's self for restoring one's own energy, it shouldn't be used as a method of casting."

That said, it does not mean you cannot practice the Omni system while also working toward full emersion astral projection.
xan
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby NightOwl » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:26 am

Hi Mica,

Haha, I actually have a copy of Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics too. The original and the 10 Year anniversary edition. I also have his book Energy Work.

Let me give a quick answer up front: I have not used Bruce's system since joining Omni. The reason? It made it obsolete.

Xan is right. To elaborate, Bruce's energy work system mainly focuses on strengthening the energy circuits of the astral body through old fashioned work out style exercise. As Omni's we just don't need to do that. We rely on our amps to be able to push more energy & sense the astral better, and our tech-based spells to do more complex task-oriented energy work (magic) for us. That, and Omnimancy itself has a more detailed map of the spiritual body -- the chakras and interconnecting energy circuits are actually just the surface. So when we do focus on making our own innate astral faculties stronger, we do it at a more deeper level.

My question would be, what is your end goal in focusing on Bruce's approach? Some people do energy work for more meditative reasons. Others use it as the basis of a spellcasting system and hence as tools for accomplishing various practical goals such as attracting a better job/partner/etc, defending oneself against malicious entities, or play with interesting new astral gadgets. Omnimancers obviously fall in the later.

As xan said, there's no reason you can't do both. But at the same time, if you feel that you fall into the same category above that Omni's do, you might find Bruce's system becomes superfluous very, very soon.
NightOwl
Research Student
Research Student

Postby Mica » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:00 pm

Thanks for the replies! Sorry for the long delay in response.

First, Xan, thanks for the clarification regarding Bruce's energy work vs omnimancy.

"also, running too much energy through a body at once can have some unpleasant side effects. At low levels, running this much energy through the body isn't a problem, but at high levels, it can be a great issue. While it is OK to pull energy into one's self for restoring one's own energy, it shouldn't be used as a method of casting."

Yup, I know what you mean. On more than one occasion I have inadvertently triggered very intense currents of energy through myself, and my body has been literally wracked with pain. The worst was mucking about with a sexual energy meditation, which resulted in a kundalini awakening - not raising, the damn thing just woke up, and thrummed in my perineum most unpleasantly. It felt like a railway spike had been driven up right in there. Not. Fun. :boohoo:

That being said, I do believe it is possible to gradually acclimatise the energy body to stronger and stronger flows. It would seem clearing blockages is key in this process.

NightOwl, fascinating response, thanks!
"My question would be, what is your end goal in focusing on Bruce's approach?"

Tough question. I would say definitely more meditative reasons. To clear the energy body, purify negativity and ignorance, make the mind calmer and more stable, heighten creativity, create an open channel between myself and the divine, and awaken to my fullest potential. But there is definitely a mad scientist in me as well. I have some experience in laboratory alchemy in the Hermetic tradition, and tinkering in a magical workshop is a big turn-on! The main motivation there is more learning about the deeper, invisible side of Nature (not just myself), learning and mimicking Nature's laws, but again, in order to evolve to higher states of being. I will admit, I'm not too interested in using magic to get things, and more into self-transformation and "gnosis," True Will, Higher Self, and all that.

Does the work in omnimancy touch on any of this?

I should say I am already committed to a path and have a teacher, although have also been encouraged to explore. I am studying Vajrayana (esoteric Tibetan Buddhism) and my daily meditation is a preparatory practice for Tummo, which is at the same time the foundational calm-abiding/one-pointedness meditation. I feel no worry that Bruce's energy ways might be incompatible with what I am already doing, but am concerned that omnimancy might. Although as Xan said, omnimancy deals with external energy constructions? Might omnimancy interfere with what I am doing in preparing myself for Tummo?

Besides, maybe I shouldn't mix things up too much. I have a tendency to get carried away and want to jump into so many things, and so never commit to any one thing (that has changed with this teacher). I don't know :roll:
Mica
Visitor
Visitor

Postby xan » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:45 am

On more than one occasion I have inadvertently triggered very intense currents of energy through myself, and my body has been literally wracked with pain... It felt like a railway spike had been driven up right in there.

Sorry you had that experience. In the Omni system, we are tapping into external power sources to power our spells. Managing large energy currents outside of the body is essential at higher levels as it can cause damage if we moved that current through our body. As NightOwl mentioned, that's not to say that we do not address our energy body development, it's just done differently using amps.

That being said, I do believe it is possible to gradually acclimatise the energy body to stronger and stronger flows. It would seem clearing blockages is key in this process.

That's what Bruce believes too. From a purely energetic standpoint, the NEW Energy Ways stimulate the superficial energy systems, and as a result increase your energy flow and may clear blockages on that level. In the long term, practice using the NEW energy pathways may reflect in your physical and emotional health. (Edit: That is his claim.)

The higher amps in Omni work a bit differently than this. The amp stimulates much deeper systems and then as a result your superficial systems are enhanced and carry significantly more energy. I'm afraid that I cannot go into much more than that, but truthfully it is the most effective system I have experienced.

My feeling is that in NEW, "blockages" are a catchall term to describe some deficiency in the energy body at a certain point. Omni might see something similar, but the approach to resolve it is generally more sophisticated than simply flushing it with more energy like in NEW. It is dealt with on a case by case basis.

The main motivation there is more learning about the deeper, invisible side of Nature (not just myself), learning and mimicking Nature's laws, but again, in order to evolve to higher states of being. I will admit, I'm not too interested in using magic to get things, and more into self-transformation and "gnosis," True Will, Higher Self, and all that.

I can understand that. My main interest in Omni when applying was to find answers to existential-type questions. Omni is a functional left hand path that will give you a powerful set of tools at your disposal. Certainly, members will apply their knowledge gained here to meet career, financial, and other goals. There is much more to the system, however, which is what keeps me coming back.

I am studying Vajrayana (esoteric Tibetan Buddhism) and my daily meditation is a preparatory practice for Tummo... Although as Xan said, omnimancy deals with external energy constructions? Might omnimancy interfere with what I am doing in preparing myself for Tummo?

I do not think that practicing Tummo or being a Buddhist would interfere with Omni. We have members who practice different religions, and Omni is pretty neutral about it. Sometimes though, it may challenge your belief system which can be uncomfortable. We don't force anyone to follow a certain set of beliefs. You're encouraged to research questions on your own to find your own conclusion. There's a balance to that though, and having a community of other Omnimancers to discuss ideas is another plus to being here.
Last edited by xan on Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
xan
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Mica » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:25 pm

Omni is a functional left hand path that will give you a powerful set of tools at your disposal.

Can you explain what you mean by left-hand path? When I think of that term, what comes to mind is a path of transgression and antinomianism in the quest for the apotheosis of self. That or a kind of symbiotic relationship with cthonic forces, in order for the self to serve as a kind of gateway for those primal forces.

The amp stimulates much deeper systems and then as a result your superficial systems are enhanced and carry significantly more energy.

Interesting... Would you say that in this process, psychological imbalances and imbalances are cleared? This is one of the aspects that intrigued me the most about Bruce's work. I know from body work, particularly work that goes deep, like rolfing, can have a huge impact on clearing trauma and negative energy held in the body. These are the kinds of blockages I am talking about.

I do not think that practicing Tummo or being a Buddhist would interfere with Omni.

I apologise for not being more clear. Tummo is a very advanced form of energy work that is the Tibetan method for raising and circulating kundalini. I will try and explain what I understand to the best of my ability. By charging and energizing the Nabhi point, the "atomic" center or core of the body (about the size of a mustard seed, four finger widths below the navel, and just in front of the spine), a great power - felt as an inner or psychic heat - is built up over time, while also serving to stabilise the mind to the point where samadhi (deep meditative absorption) is reached. Eventually, the practitioner uses this central heat to awaken the kundalini for it to rise up the central channel and throughout the body.

"Tummo is our wisdom fire. We naturally have this warmth within us in the area below the navel chakra, but we are not usually aware of it and we do not use it. When we develop proper concentration and begin to work with our inner fire, we can completely transform ourselves.
Using visualization, breath techniques and movement, we connect to our inner fire and generate it greater and greater. We work with our breath, bringing it to a higher level, and this changes our blood. This warm blood in turn affects our hormones. We don’t talk so much on an academic level, but we can experience the profound changes that result when we cultivate the Tummo fire and spread it throughout the body. This is not just visualization, but something real.
On a physical level, the inner fire is responsible for the temperature of our body—the heat of digestion and metabolism, the heat that powers chemical reactions and builds hormones. On an energetic level, the Tummo fire blazes through the channels, melting away the subtlest blockages and surging energy throughout the body. On the level of mind, Tummo is the source of love, joy, happiness and bliss.
As the flame grows, starting from below the navel and rising higher and higher, it softly penetrates each of the main chakras, spreading to all the branches and every pore of our body."

So, anyway, I wouldn't want to do anything that would interfere with this process, this building of energy in the Nabhi point.

My main interest in Omni when applying was to find answers to existential-type questions.

YES! Exactly. My teacher once expressed that Buddhism is not really a religion, since religion provides people with a sense of getting the answers, or what that religion perceives to be the answers. Instead, Buddhism provides questions - existential-type questions as you say (what is the nature of self, of mind? What is the nature of suffering?) and gives one tools to discover the answer for oneself.
If you're into it, I recommend this great article, which examines Nietzsche's criticisms of Buddhist philosophy (and his misunderstandings)
http://www.the-philosopher.co.uk/buddhism.htm
Mica
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:29 pm

Sorry to step in here, but I was requested to.

Mica wrote:
Omni is a functional left hand path that will give you a powerful set of tools at your disposal.

Can you explain what you mean by left-hand path? When I think of that term, what comes to mind is a path of transgression and antinomianism in the quest for the apotheosis of self. That or a kind of symbiotic relationship with cthonic forces, in order for the self to serve as a kind of gateway for those primal forces.

As with many terms within occultism, especially when one "borrows" terms from other practices, one has to define terms or false assumptions are made. Many occult terms get thrown around without similar connotations and meaning, but using the same words. Left-Hand-Path as is meant by us, is more from the Tantra interpretation (minus the Shiva part):

"There is a significant difference between the two Tantric paths, that of the right hand and that of the left hand (which both are under Shiva's aegis). In the former, the adept always experiences 'someone above him', even at the highest level of realization. In the latter, 'he becomes the ultimate Sovereign' (chakravartin = worldruler)." - Julius Evola

While most see LHP (Left hand path) as an excuse to abuse drugs, or just generally be abusive, that isn't what it's meant to be. The idea is to "reach enlightenment" via different paths. RHP (Right hand path) is supposed to be under guidance and worship of deity. Under that guidance one is taught right/wrong or good/evil, but the reasons why one is told to do it is to take it on faith that that guidance is correct because of the source. Successful LHP is more from logic and what I like to refer to as enlightened self-interest. I use to have a lot of moral and philosophical debates with one of my students (who was quite religious) a while back, and it always amazed her that we got to the same conclusion but from VERY different paths. Hers was from what faith told her, mine was from logic and following the paths of consequence to reach the same answer. So Omni doesn't teach right and wrong, but consequences of action and responsibility for those actions. Understanding WHY something is gives you more power and options than just "don't do it because I said so." I say "successful" LHP, vs just LHP, because many LHP groups get distracted by what they see as breaking taboos, rather than progressing(which was supposed to be the original point). Omnimancy's view is enlightenment through power, which sounds more ominous than it really is. And I guess it depends on how you define "enlightenment" as well. Responsibility is very important to us. Just because you CAN do a thing doesn't mean you should, and if you do, you should understand the question "Is doing whatever worth the consequence?" That should be asked on whatever scale you are attempting.

In the end, Omnimancy is about practical applications. It's not about philosophical ones. While Omnimancy does overlap some different philosophical and religious topics, it does so from a practical and pragmatic standpoint, but it's not about philosophy or religion. As an example, while we may encounter deities, they are simply spirits to us, not unlike if you encountered a Senator or similar. Omnimancy's abilities do not come from them, and are not beholden to them because of this. We explore the multiverse much as a scientist would if they had similar tools, and with that understanding, comes more abilities. Make no mistake, there is no spirituality within Omni, or spiritual fulfillment. That isn't it's goal. It's goal is understanding.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby xan » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:30 pm

Art gave concise explanation of the left hand path from an Omni standpoint. Thanks!

Would you say that in this process, psychological imbalances and imbalances are cleared?

Early on in Omni training we learn a technique to explore your mental landscape which may help gain insight into psychological imbalances as you put it. However, I would not say that amps have this effect. I should also clarify that I am a little skeptical of Bruce's claim that NEW will clear emotional issues, simply because I did not have that experience.

It's possible that Omni could challenge your beliefs about your current practices with energy work. It's hard to say because I do not know much about it outside what you described. It's also possible it could interfere with the work you do now. One thing the documentation describes is senses as a cornerstone of Omni. This is one of those issues where we could employ our senses to evaluate and go from there.

If you're into it, I recommend this great article, which examines Nietzsche's criticisms of Buddhist philosophy (and his misunderstandings)
http://www.the-philosopher.co.uk/buddhism.htm

Thanks for the link. I enjoyed reading the article, and especially found the nuances of dukkha interesting.
xan
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Mica » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:47 am

This is one of those issues where we could employ our senses to evaluate and go from there.

So what you're saying is that I can use tech to actually see for myself if the energy is being built in the Nabhi point as it should?

Thanks for the clarification regarding Omni and spirituality.
Another question, does Omni enhance or aid one's ability to enter trance states? Does it work with trance states at all?

By the way. just finished listening to Arthur's interview on Deeper Down the Rabbit Hole. Awesome! :D

It's hard to say because I do not know much about it outside what you described.

If you're at all interested, the best book I know of on the subject is Geshe Kelsang Gyatso's book, The Clear Light of Bliss, but very dry reading, like a technical manual (which might appeal to those here :) )
The main objective with Tummo as I understand is to reach such a heightened state of bliss that consciousness actually goes through a similar process as experienced during death. This unlocks the most subtle level of mind, usually only experienced at death - the clear light of bliss - and then, while in this state of being, to introspect on the nature of one's being (as opposed to attempting self-reflexive introspection while in an ordinary state of consciousness).
Mica
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Mica » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Oh I forgot to say thank you to Lord Art on your clarification of LHP, since my above post was all my response to xan. A lot of great food for thought there. Although I'd say that quote from Evola is a inaccurate when applied to Buddhism. It's interesting, since with Buddhism, there is no sovereign deity, as Buddhists don't worship or pay attention to the idea of deity. It's not that we are atheists, but as one nun put it, God is left as an open (and rather irrelevant) question. But there is still, I think, a division between RHP and LHP, but because there's no faith in God, the line is between the two is similar but different. To Buddhists of all flavors, the idea that guidance, wisdom, etc comes from "on high" is totally alien. The cornerstone of Buddha-Dharma is that one's own mind is the source of all wisdom and happiness as well as all misery and ignorance.

That being said, my own teacher has recently begun teaching me what is obviously the LHP within Buddhism, what he calls the path of the Vidyadhara. It's more commonly known to Westerners familiar with Tibetan Buddhism as "crazy wisdom." The infamous Chogyam Trungpa who was a cult icon in the 60s and was renowned as a "crazy wisdom" yogi. I think he actually coined the term, but it has a rich history in Tibet. Now, I'm not sure if I can describe this accurately (since I've only just begun), but he defined it as using the energy of fearlessness to wake up out of the sleep of ignorance - the fearlessness that comes with reaching your hand into the fire and maybe getting burned, going "where angels fear to tread." The more "religious" Buddhist, however takes various vows that are guided by a concept of moral purity (as opposed to based on faith), and then this becomes the path. But morality is relative, and is of human conception, and so can sometimes create rules that are just limitations. Genuine wakefulness, however, is intrinsically pure in a non-dual sense. "Beyond good and evil." He also once talked about discovering within oneself a "cosmic morality" that I don't really understand, but has something to do I think with awakening the Clear Light of Bliss (which I mentioned above), the most subtle level of mind seated in the heart, that normally is only accessible at the time of death, and also occurs I think in the blink of an eye during orgasm (cultivated through Tummo).

I think the corresponding "fear of God" for Buddhists has to do with karma. However, karma is an impartial and impersonal natural law. It is simply cause and effect, yet is considered far more subtle and complex than the rational mind can comprehend. Think of habitual tendencies of perception and thought, but habits formed over many, many lifetimes. For instance, as a Buddhist I believe that if I kill someone in anger, I will not be punished by God, or go to hell. But I do believe that such an act only serves to deepen the self-perpetuating darkness of ignorance and inner suffering that clouds the mind. The internal factors that led to me making that choice were already in place from previous acts of violence, and this act then plants seeds in me for future violence. But this process is happening on a moment to moment basis with everything we do, to such an extent that we are largely unaware of the habitual factors that motivate us to act and see things as we do. My teacher once told me that even the simple act of picking up a mug of tea and taking a sip is guided by unconscious habitual tendencies (no matter how much one believes one is doing it by choice), and very little to no actual willpower exists in the average person.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind the blathering. I love talking about this stuff. :D
Mica
Visitor
Visitor

Postby xan » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:52 pm

So what you're saying is that I can use tech to actually see for myself if the energy is being built in the Nabhi point as it should?

Usually if we are attempting something with our energy systems (developing new tech, manipulating our energy systems, etc.) then we will have others look at us to verify it. What I mean is that we could look at a student and give feedback on what we see happening, and to determine if an amp was somehow conflicting with whatever else you are doing.

Another question, does Omni enhance or aid one's ability to enter trance states? Does it work with trance states at all?

I believe that we are frequently going into an altered state when we cast and use our senses. We don't do trance-type meditation, however. In fact, I would say that most members of Omni do not practice meditation per se, but it's common to use for us to use the aforementioned technique to explore the mental landscape. There are also other techniques we use that can balance ourselves emotionally.

I don't think it's a stretch to say the inherent values in Buddhism and Omni are fundamentally different. In the end, it's much like what NightOwl said about what your goals are and whether a system helps you to meet that goal.
xan
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Mica » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:21 pm

I don't think it's a stretch to say the inherent values in Buddhism and Omni are fundamentally different.

Perhaps, but Tib. Buddhism abounds with sorcery and magic. I'm just not certain of how the pursuit of enlightenment fits in with magical practice. My own lineage does stress magical practice as a way of benefiting others. There are, for instance, a series of practices whose sole purpose is to develop psychic powers including conversing with the dead, mastery of elemental spirits, reversal and exorcism of negative energies, healing and purification rites, etc.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me understand a little of where you are coming from, and to help clarify for myself what my goals are with magic. Although still clueless on that count, beyond a passion to explore and learn.
Ok, another question comes to mind.... What about creativity? Could Omnimancy help heighten creativity? I am a writer, and tell stories in the genre of weird fiction, fantasy and horror. I would like to expand my imagination to new horizons, develop my ability with language, and be able to capture the essence of a person on the page. Are these goals Omnimancy could help me attain?
Mica
Visitor
Visitor

Postby xan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:53 am

Perhaps, but Tib. Buddhism abounds with sorcery and magic. I'm just not certain of how the pursuit of enlightenment fits in with magical practice.

Do you know of Jason Miller? I think he might have some interesting comments on this question from the perspective of Buddhism. He will be at Crucible Convention this year if you want to come and ask him. :)

What about creativity? Could Omnimancy help heighten creativity? ... Are these goals Omnimancy could help me attain?

Maybe, yes. The general tool set taught in Omni can be broadly applied to enhance and meet one's creative goals. There are a few other writers and musicians in Omni that I know of, both in Cyber and Core. I know of at least one who is exploring developing tech to enhance their creativity for their work.
xan
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Mica » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:08 pm

Do you know of Jason Miller? I think he might have some interesting comments on this question from the perspective of Buddhism. He will be at Crucible Convention this year if you want to come and ask him. :)

Yes, he is awesome! But, alas, I live on the West coast of Canada. However, my wife and I do travel to Virginia every year to visit family. Although where we go is about a 14 hour drive to Princeton :cry: But maybe someday....

I know of at least one who is exploring developing tech to enhance their creativity for their work.

Excellent! Would love to chat with this person.

What have been the results of using Omnimancy for healing?

I have been reading more on the forum, and am quite jazzed! I think I am in love with the very idea of tech. It's that mad scientist that wants to get in there, learn what's going on and tinker. Nature is fucking awesome! And when one opens up to the reality of magical energy and the astral, coupled with the inventiveness and potential of the human spirit, that awe is magnified a hundred-fold. This is what drew me to alchemy (although most don't understand what I mean when I mention alchemy - there has been centuries of misunderstanding and confusion). I admit I have been laying awake at night, imaging what tech is and what is possible with it. I picture energetic creations composed of fractal geometry. I picture creations that have the elegance and majesty of a fine sports car or a Gothic cathedral. I picture learning and mimicking Nature's secrets.

But... my thinking is to slow down, and stick with what I've got for now. Take in the teachings and the guidance I am receiving. Mind-training is fundamental to what I ultimately wish to accomplish (it IS what I want to accomplish). In the meantime, I will be haunting this forum and pestering you with questions.

On that note, here is my last question for now. The process of enlightenment can be looked at in many ways. Ultimately, I see it as the answer (received as a new state of being, a lived experience, instead of an answer that can be explained with words) to the question of "what is this self?" But my teacher also expressed that it can be seen as a process of shifting self-identification, from being a physical body in a physical universe, to a being of energy in a vast energy field, and from that to pure mind, without limit. All matter is in fact energy, which is in fact information (mind). So my question is, how has Omni helped with this process of shifting identification? For example, I may believe the above statement, that all matter is energy, and have had experiences that confirmed this. But in terms of how I see myself and the world around me on a day to day level, I am still trapped in the appearance of the universe as physical objects relating to each other in space.

Thanks!
Mica
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion