Login | Register

Miami Cop Fired For Casting Spell On Boss

Forum to Discuss whatever is on your mind!

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Miami Cop Fired For Casting Spell On Boss

Postby 4min33sec » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:50 pm

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wildhunt/2 ... fired.html

Obviously, this isn't a problem for Omnis, because how would they tell we were doing anything, but it is kind of interesting.
4min33sec
Research Student
Research Student

Re: Miami Cop Fired For Casting Spell On Boss

Postby Psychokinetic Wannabe » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:40 am

I do find it funny that if they were caught trying to do some unusual but canonically christian rite, they'd just probably be thought of as wierd, at least that's more likely than them getting fired for it. Well, funny's not the right word...

I also get the impression from the article that they were trying to do a spell that was supposed to be helpful, but likely was interpreted as the opposite...

Would've been ideal if the boss in question was asked if he wanted the spell if they were trying to help, but given typical attitudes to magic, it's likely a risk they would've been fired either way. As Omnis we think they could've asked his inner as well, and that would work, but it's likely they weren't aware that was an option.

Sucks overall.

(And yes, I'm aware I'm sorta-necroing threads, but I thought they were worth replying to and I haven't been spending enough time on forums these last few months to reply to the stuff that's been posted...)
If a thing be really good, it can be shown to be such. If you cannot demonstrate its excellence, it may well be suspected that you are no proper judge of it.
- William Godwin
Psychokinetic Wannabe
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Tigerhallam » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:45 am

I'd have thought that the person would maybe have been laughed at, got a few funny looks perhaps. But fired? That's an over-reaction in my opinion.
Tigerhallam
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Torres » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:39 am

Just had a good chuckle after seeing this thread and remembering this story. Man, what a way to lose the job. But I think the cop found a new job in a private security company so he's probably fine.
Torres
Visitor
Visitor

Return to General Discussion