Login | Register

Hello!

Forum to Discuss whatever is on your mind!

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Hello!

Postby sage » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:14 am

Hey omnimancy forum!

My name is sage and I have recently joined to learn more about omnimancy. I read the site tonight and am very very intrigued by the methods of omnimancy. I used to practice psionics and then moved to buddhism and then became very eclectic using herbs and candles as a general spell or candle magick ( burning colored candles or certain herbs with a willed intent to bring about desired effect)

I would like to move more into magic and I believe Omnimancy is whats right for me.

I'm 18 , graduated from high school last year and live with my very verry christian mother and skeptical sisters so i don't exactly have the best environment for focus but soon I am going to have religious freedom and the ability to practice till my hearts content. Just wanted to get the beginning practices out of the way in my free time and get to know a community that practices what I will soon endeavor with a large portion of free time.

Any tips, requirements, or greetings welcome :D
-Sage
sage
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Oyama » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:51 am

Hello, welcome to the omni boards.

While technically you meet the age requirement, I think you should give it some time before applying. You're at a point in your life where a lot of important things and changes are going to happen, and you may not know yourself now as well as you think you do. That said, feel free to put in an application if you feel you're ready.
Your anguish sustains me.

Madness is like gravity: all it takes is a little push!
Oyama
Research Student
Research Student

Postby sage » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:49 pm

Thank you for the reply! :D
Whilst I understand and appreciate your concern for my application to the omnimancy program, it is not necessary.
I did not want to know anything about the actual program, i wanted to know more about omnimancy as a study, to get ready for the program, as I've said I do not currently have time to enroll in a full study group. I would still like to know more of the basics in omnimancy even if im not going to be joining the group anytime soon.

And please do not suspect that I do not know anything of myself because it is simply impossible to square off a whole age into one sector of ignorance. I may not know much of the adult world since I haven't been exposed to bills and economic troubles till a year ago but I did spend three years as a practicing buddhist. You could say all I know is myself.

Thank you again for any replies, hope this response was not taken in anger, was meant to be informative.
-Sage
sage
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Oyama » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:46 pm

I did not mean to imply anything about you personally, and the age thing was not meant pejoratively or to suggest ignorance. It's a simple fact that the age group in question tends to be undergoing a lot of changes in outlook and personality, so I was just advising some caution.

It also wasn't completely clear in your original post that you weren't actually planning to apply any time soon. My bad :D

Aside from the site itself, there is actually quite a lot to be found about Omnimancy's style of magic in the forums, and much more specific stuff at that. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. :thanksdude:
Your anguish sustains me.

Madness is like gravity: all it takes is a little push!
Oyama
Research Student
Research Student

Postby sage » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:59 pm

Thanks for the reply oyama!

I have a question or two,,
How come I can't google Omnimancy and get anything except this website or websites referencing this website? is this the founding spot of omnimancy and it hasn't gone anywhere? I would check the "Omnimancy History board" but im not allowed it says

Also, Are you the only active member here? lol
-Sage
sage
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:37 am

sage wrote:How come I can't google Omnimancy and get anything except this website or websites referencing this website? is this the founding spot of omnimancy and it hasn't gone anywhere?

This is the founding "site". but I wouldn't say it hasn't gone anywhere. Omnimancy existed long before there was a site for it. Omnimancy as a group(s) is centered on this site for sure as far as an internet presence. While there have been dismissed students, none of them have tried to form a rival group and call it Omnimancy or a derivative (not that I'm aware of anyways). It also hasn't grown so massive that one site is impractical. The other groups haven't felt they needed a separate internet presence.

The concept of Tech has spread well beyond this site, which is one of the main foundations of Omnimancy. Most acknowledge this site or an Omnimancer gave them the idea for it and give due credit. We keep our secrets as best we can, which is unpopular with many, but that hasn't changed our mind about such things.

I would check the "Omnimancy History board" but im not allowed it says

Yeah, that's for students only. :)

Also, Are you the only active member here? lol

No, he just is the one engaging you initially. So HI!
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby sage » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:56 am

Thanks for the reply LordArt!

thank you for the helpful information. Any other tips for a beginner looking to study up on omnimancy?
-Sage
sage
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 pm

sage wrote:Any other tips for a beginner looking to study up on omnimancy?

Just what I tell everyone else really. Read the forums and the overview and get what you can from it. The vast majority of what is taught is behind closed doors so it isn't like you can study up on that. Basically, read things over, form questions and ask the questions. Omnimancy is about thinking and understanding. I've seen many over the years get quite a bit from the tidbits that come out in the forums, at least enough to ask good questions.

I'm not sure if that is what you wanted, but there it is.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby sage » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:49 am

thanks that was very helpful. I have been trying to look at everything in life as if it has something to tell me and this will help alot :D
-Sage
sage
Visitor
Visitor

Return to General Discussion