Login | Register

Mental Projection

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Postby red30 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:11 pm

I'm not here to get into a fight/argument about the value of tech and/or omnimancy's methods. I just wanted a basic question answered. From what I read on this sight most if not all of you compare omnimancy to using a nail gun vs. a hammer. A nail gun (omni) requires a power source, an air compressor, air hose, and nails. A hammer (direct will) requires a hammer and a nail, yes it's basic but the only thing you need is a direction (nail) and effort (hammer). I applied to become an omnimancer and no one ever got back to me. I wanted/want to learn the system and if I got some training in with it I wouldn't be asking theses questions.
red30
Visitor
Visitor

Postby 4min33sec » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:19 pm

The nail gun vs hammer comparison sounds like a pretty good one to me. Just take it a step further: since we're doing this magically, we don't have to produce the entire nail gun setup *from scratch* every time we want it. We produce the *same setup in a moment* every time we want it, and that's where the reliability and power boosts come from.

As far as getting into the group, that's Arthur's call. He's in charge, and I'm not.

That's also why I kinda sound like I'm being weaselly about responding to you; some of the questions you're asking involve stuff that isn't on the public consumption list, so I'm trying to answer your questions based on whatever Arthur has already stated, just to be on the safe side. That way it's still his call whether to expand on anything or not.
4min33sec
Research Student
Research Student

Postby red30 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:31 pm

That's about the same way I do it. Reinforce a thought enough it becomes a simple act of will, without having to constantly reinforce the intent. I understand that there are rules here and I'm not fishing for secrets. Just better answer than I've been getting on other boards.
red30
Visitor
Visitor

Postby 4min33sec » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:43 pm

You're still missing that we're not really doing anything like "reinforcing a thought enough that it becomes a simple act of will, without having to constantly reinforce the intent." We're skipping that step almost completely.

I mean, we still need to practice, but you seem to be describing something on par with regular meditation, which again, is overcomplicated compared to what we're doing.
4min33sec
Research Student
Research Student

Postby red30 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:02 pm

No offense but omni seems to be a overly complicated method of doing simple stuff. In basic magic you do x,y, and z to get results. Omni appears to go through a to z.
red30
Visitor
Visitor

Postby 4min33sec » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:07 pm

What I am attempting to communicate is that if we want to get from point A to point Z, we go directly from A to Z, skipping steps B through Y. Omnimancy is therefore a simpler method of magic to use, although like any scientific approach, the more time you spend appreciating the subtleties and complexities, the more effective you become.
4min33sec
Research Student
Research Student

Postby 4min33sec » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:10 pm

Another analogy:

A car is a complicated system that we use to physically move from one point to another. In this sense, you could say that it's simpler just to walk. However, actually using a car to get there instead of walking will accomplish your goal faster, and in a simpler way, even if you do have to make sure you get regular oil changes, etc.
4min33sec
Research Student
Research Student

Postby red30 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:15 pm

If your going from point A to point Z your just using direct intent. Energy, psi, or whatever you want to call it is just a medium through which intent travels. Depending on your focus, the desire for your intent, and how well you project it (the whole reason I asked about the value of mental projection) you get results. I don't want this to become a thread about which system is better.
red30
Visitor
Visitor

Postby 4min33sec » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:26 pm

I'm not talking about which system is better. However, even without that, comparisons can be drawn; it just means that I'm not attaching any moral judgment to those comparisons.

Omnimancy is highly, highly efficient compared to every other magical system I've ever seen.

On the other hand, what is generally labeled "spirituality" has almost no place in Omnimancy whatsoever; Omni is an exclusively thaumaturgic system, as opposed to a theurgic one.

Do you see what I mean? These are quantifiable differences, but every person who encounters them still has to make a decision based on personal taste as to whether they prefer Omnimancy or some other system. I did about a decade of other stuff before I joined the Omnis, and heard about Omnimancy a year and a half before I joined.
4min33sec
Research Student
Research Student

Postby red30 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:38 pm

I started magic when I was 15 and at 30 I just gave it up for something different. I spent some time with psionics and found the system lacking a lot. My first experiment with energy casting involved charging a sigil through spell affirmation, pull up energy into a ball, visualizing that sigil inside the ball and shell it. I cast that energy form and got some good results, better than I did with general magic.
red30
Visitor
Visitor

Postby 4min33sec » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:40 pm

The bulk of my practice before Omni consisted of a form of jnana yoga, plus a generous helping of sigil magic.

I've never done psionics, but Omnis who have tell me that psionics is basically the Omni public consumption list.
4min33sec
Research Student
Research Student

Postby red30 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:48 pm

Psionics is a very basic system and trying to get any real results from it is hard. I've been working with a combination of psionics and magic for over a year now. It hard to get psions to understand that you can do a magic ritual without all the physical tool or religion and just use energy and visualization.
red30
Visitor
Visitor

Postby 4min33sec » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:50 pm

I'm very confused by what you just said here. My understanding is the psions specifically DON'T use physical tools or religion, and DO just use energy and visualization.
4min33sec
Research Student
Research Student

Postby red30 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:55 pm

Yes, the whole construct thing. Like psi-ball and such. Psionics is supposed to be a scientific form of energy work. However the real problem is that it's limited to what you can do and lack of real effects. I've even entertained the idea of combine energy manipulation with hermetics ( the introduction to hermetic by Franz Bardon) To have a more expansive system to add to what I already do.
red30
Visitor
Visitor

Postby 4min33sec » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Define "real effects."
4min33sec
Research Student
Research Student

PreviousNext

Return to Open Magical Discussion