Login | Register

next step in evolution?

A forum where any kind of magic may be discussed, include Theurgy and it's appropriate musings. This is not moderated.

do you think humans could evolve further?

yes, they could use some improvements lol
47%
no, it would be illogical for us to evolve we are able to adapt to any environment because our minds are so advanced and not to mention our technology at hand,
5%
we need bigger penises
5%
we need to be able to generate even more electricity with outr minds!
5%
i like heroes too, now stop bein a douche! (lol)
37%

Total votes : 19
  • Author
next step in evolution?

Postby the cursed and fallen » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:13 am

you dont have to read all of mine, but please post yours, i wanna read, i'm interested, dont make anything up cuz this is suposed to be special. now i want you to post everything about urself that makes u feel special and better than everyone else, what do you think that you have that could make you the next step in the evolution in mankind? and dont worry its not like i'm sylar trying to find ppl to steal powers from, besides, how would i know where u are? lol its not like i have molly's powers and a picture of you lol.... :twisted:

i'm probably just being conceded and way too into myself, but the thought of it tickles me and may interest you..... i wouldnt call myself super human but i'm definately abnormal.........i'm faster, and stronger than most ppl i know that have been working out as long as i have.......i get stronger faster is the thing, my bones are unaturally harder than other peoples' like you would know what i was talkin about if u hit me, i have a knack for always getting my opponents weak spot.....usually unintentionally, i feel more spiritually intune to surrounding energy and my body structure is slightley different from everyone elses.......i havent grown since the 8th grade, i'm still 5'6......my foot arches higher than normal....prolly why i ran fast even when i was over weight....(i'm sexy now lol--that sounded dick like and conceded--but funny)) my nervous system is a bit slow though, i dont feel pain as fast as i should so something could really infact cripple me and i wouldnt know to react as fast as i should, i'm an adrenaline junkie and my adrenal glands are triggered easily so endorphenes and adrenaline are always pumpin really........i think that means i'm always high lol.......i do feel pain, but i dont react to it normally and it leaves me quickly,another bad thing is , even as i am able to stay void of pain to keep moving at full capacity and speed, my wounds do heal fairly slow....slower than usual......(and i pick scabs, it doesnt help lol ) but i dont worry much about infection, i may be a germaphode but i never get sick, ever, my immune system is beast and i dont have allergies, i'm really athletic and even when i'm totally fatigued i can summon great random short bursts of energy multiple times to continue doing what ever i'm doing (running fighting etc.) i always thought being double jointed was cool it helps with finger strikes....dont use those in reall fights but my fingers are really strong lol being able to bend my fingers inward stangthen and stablize them, better for digging and climbing....i climb everything, i jump really far and high, i have a long toungue and really coarse hair...it doesnt get wet very easily, which sux cuz showers are long for me......these are just really wierd things about me that i thought were cool and made me special,
the cursed and fallen
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Syntax » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:24 am

If your going with evolution, much of what you speak of could probably be explained as genetic uniqueness. In a variety of ways, all of us have something that makes us special. These could be special good or special bad. Likely genetic uniqueness is not the official term, I'm just suggesting that you fall within the current human genome. Not that you aren't different or special, your just no Hiro.

That said:
  1. I like Brussels sprouts.
  2. I don't get too much gas when I eat beans.
  3. I'm a pseudo vegetarian. (I don't eat most meats do to a past fear of bovine spongiform encephalopathy.)
  4. I dream right when I fall asleep.
  5. I see dead people. (Well only sometimes.)
  6. I hear dead people. (Even rarer.)
  7. I can use the list BBCode tag.
  8. Some people say I don't look my age.
  9. My SBDs are to die for. :twisted:
  10. I am a member of the assless club. (Yes, I was born without an ass.)

In all good fun, you seem to have more stuff to work with. I'm not sure many people would consider taste bubs that welcome Brussels sprouts very interesting. Just for giggles, what is your magical spin on this, to keep with the "Open Magical Discussion" bit.
Syntax
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby the cursed and fallen » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:04 pm

okay i know i am being fairly silly, but to keep it within the magical"" category....ummmm, i do feel more spiritually in tune with the earth, i've done work with qi gong, meditations and such, i've also learned to exert qi from my body for healing and self enhancing reasons,
the cursed and fallen
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Jhalmer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:08 am

evolution it is an awesome theory, and we could definitatly use some improvements I for one would love to have claws...i mean it would be bleedin awesome to tear some ones face off. but we probably won't evolve for a long time if ever due to the fact that we would need a signifigant adversity that forced us to evolve, since we typically use tools of one sort or another to accomplish things ( say a knife instead of claws) we probably wouldn't evolve very fast if at all; with the exception of the occasional mutation in the genepool which hardly counts as evolution.

I don't know how old you are Fallen, don't mind if i call you fallen do you? but when i wasa few years younger I healed very quickly was abmnormally fast and strong, it tend to fade with age unfortunately, it is possible however I just take generally bad care of myself too, so keep working out can't hurt..you know unless your knee turns to jello or something ^^. I also may suspect that my study and practice of magic may of had a hand in the decrease of some natural physical abilities but I can't prove that so you know....lets just say I had a lot of misfires over the years. but yeah if your a young guy I hope it stays with you, if your an older chap well then your a bastard for being cooler than me lol.
with enough will man can go even through stone
Jhalmer
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Obsidian » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:11 am

I just noticed this thread...

Wow. Old-school!

As for the penis thing, the average length of 5-6inch is more than sufficient for most uses. The average female is between 4 and 7-8 inches 'deep' (depending on level of arousal). Anything bigger penis-wise is a drag. It hurts both you and her >.<

As for the subject of evolution, I'm going to look at it seriously.

Evolution is defined as:
1. any process of formation or growth; development: the evolution of a language; the evolution of the airplane.
3. Biology. change in the gene pool of a population from generation to generation by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift.

"http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/evolution"

There are other definitions too, obviously.

So. From a biological viewpoint, it's a genetic change that creates a more specifically suitable creature. Take the Galapgose Islands as a living example, or the difference between Chromanion and Neanderthal Man (sorry about the spelling =/).

Evolution creates things to fit certain niche. What we, as Homo Sapien, have done is taken our niche and forced it wiiiide open. We've turned the world into one massive evolutionary niche and exploited it to a highly successful degree.

Biologically.

In my opinion, evolution in the natural biological sense is over. Done. Finished. We, as a species, no longer have the time needed to evolve. But we have something better. We no longer need to rely on natural biological evolution.

Through our technologies (current and near-future) we're able to alter ourselves to create either more specific or more generally tailored traits, to fit any situation. Gene therapy, which I believe will be common-place within 10 years, will be able to slow or stop aging, alter your skin, hair, eyes to whatever you desire, increase/decrease lung capacity and efficiency, so on. The more outlandish things (like having gills or 20/1 vision) I feel will take longer but will happen all the same.

Evolution through gene therapy or biological enhancement, not happening in a set number of generations but happening to YOU. Your body, changing. Changed. Done.

Evolution in a day, tailor-made.

Then there's the other technological avenue to explore. Nanotechnology. Which will be able to give us much the same effects but on a non-genetic level. Massive increase in cognitive powers, strength and speed, body function efficiency, you name it.

There will be no need for evolution because, as I think was mentioned in a previous post, there will be no challenge to push us to the old-school method. We can use the faster, zip-bang sci-fi method.

Natural Evolution, TKO by Forced/Controlled Evolution.
"Nothing is more amazing than getting the shit kicked out of you by something you didn't believe existed" - David.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby Oyama » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:08 pm

Resistance to things like Cancer and AIDS and such would be an improvement, but it would take a long time for it to spread throughout the population. We'd have to make sure people from that family sex lots of other people up :wink:

Our technology and vast population have changed the process of evolution for humans, but I do think it can still happen. Once (and if) we perfect genetic manipulation, I suspect we will have artificial evolution, and the science will probably graduate to trying to find how to make new genes beyond the naturally occuring ones. If I was a scientist I would try to make a heat vision gene :twisted: .
Your anguish sustains me.

Madness is like gravity: all it takes is a little push!
Oyama
Research Student
Research Student

Postby Obsidian » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:51 am

You wouldn't need to make it. Some birds can actually heat. That's how they ride thermals. Rattlesnakes see in heat too.

You just take that gene and introduce it into your body via a retrovirus =)

Most things a human wants are based on what we've seen in other species. We'd just have to steal the good bits =)

I like the sex option! But the more effective method is through controlled viral infection. You take a small virus, hollow out the genetic material already there, jam in your new genetic blue-prints and the order to make the changes, infect and BAM!

All done =)

I don't think artificial evolution is still evolution.. It's much more choice-oriented, personal preference. Doesn't fit with my idea of evolution.

Buuut definitely the way we're going to go. No matter what we choose to term it =)
"Nothing is more amazing than getting the shit kicked out of you by something you didn't believe existed" - David.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby Oyama » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:05 pm

By heat vision I meant produce heat with your eyes. Y'know, Superman? Or how about force vision? OPTIC BLAST! Hyper Combo Finish! Heh.

:twisted:
Your anguish sustains me.

Madness is like gravity: all it takes is a little push!
Oyama
Research Student
Research Student

Postby Obsidian » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:06 am

Haha. Twat. That's awesome =P I totally didn't think of it like that.

As long as you could control it. You wouldn't want to wind up like Cyclops!
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Return to Free For All Magical Discussion