Login | Register

New Omnimancer Application Form

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
New Omnimancer Application Form

Postby LordArt » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:43 am

At great request, we are formalizing the application process. If you are interested in joining an Omnimancer group, including OmniCyber, please answer the following questions and either post those answers here or privately in email depending on what you wish to do. Please don't skip questions. Thank you.

:?: How did you get into magic?
    :?: What do you practice now, and for how long?
    :?: Will your current practice or religion interfere with you learning omnimancy?
    :?: How did you find us?
    :?: Have you read the site yet?
    :?: What do you think omnimancy is?
    :?: What do you hope to get out of Omnimancy and what are your end goals?
    :?: Omnimancy training is a long process, are you willing to put the time in? (Which for OmniCyber means being able to show up on IRC on Monday Nights weekly reliably, as well as practicing on your own time or with other students.)
    :?: Can you work ok with others?
    :?: Because it's the internet, how old are you?

Please Note: Even if you are accepted, please keep in mind that the early stages of training are a probationary period, for us to get to know you and you to get to know us.

Please also Note: If you are applying for OmniCyber, they accept students in cycles, so it may be months until the next opening. Please be patient if you are interested in that group. If you are local to NJ, you probably should mention that.

NOTE: Application thread is culled and archived upon review stage of application process.
Last edited by LordArt on Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Re: New Omnimancer Application Form

Postby Chrysilla » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:20 am

Friends in high school started buying all of the books they could after seeing The Craft. Out of curiosity I started reading to, and kept reading after those high school friends all fell back out of it. During college in NYC I got some more formal training from the "Pagan Way Grove," a 6 month series of classes (sadly over) taught by a Thelemic Wiccan coven at the shop Enchantments (before it moved).

"Eclectic Neo Paganism Cottage Witch"- offerings/supplecations to patron deities and spirits, candle magic, crystals, sewing, jewelry, embroidery, and other mundane craftwork. In this manner for about 13 years. If we're going back to my high school experimentation then over 20 years.

:?: Will your current practice or religion interfere with you learning omnimancy?
Nope

Went to Crucible 2017 and sat in on the Omnimancy lecture, and then hung out with more Omni's at the after parties. A few members helped me over the next few weeks to dislodge a problem with an uninvited entity that was hurting me.

Yes.

A magical path that separates magic from religious doctrine/myth, so that it can be studied and developed in a more evidence-based manner.

I have a chronic illness with no official medical treatment (and very little $ goes towards studying it), so I'm hoping to learn to be able to heal and/or maintain what's left of my body and bodily systems via this evidence based energy work. Right now I'm only really able to do magical workings for what I call "medical luck" as I continue looking for mundane medical practitioners + new research to help my illness. If i can get my health better managed, then I can try to repair the damage it's done to the rest of my life (career, creative, etc).

:?: Omnimancy training is a long process, are you willing to put the time in? (Which for OmniCyber means being able to show up on IRC on Monday Nights weekly reliably, as well as practicing on your own time or with other students.)
Yes.

Yes.

Chrysilla
Visitor
Visitor

Postby DevilsAvocado » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:58 pm

How did you get into magic?
I have been interested/dabbling in the occult or occult related topics for pretty much most of my life. I was a dabbler with chaos magick when I was a teenager. I got back into occultism through qi gong/meditation and ended up joining the loneman pai internet lodge, and worked with that group for four months.

What do you practice now, and for how long?
Currently I’m just doing yoga/basic breath-work techniques and exploring the energy pathways in my body. Also some energy-packing and pore breathing. I have been practicing these for maybe 7 or 8 months.

Will your current practice or religion interfere with you learning omnimancy?
No. I have no religious affiliations. I prefer to keep a scientific attitude towards occult matters.

How did you find us?
I was told that this group might be of interest to me by Frater V.F of the cognitioneum aeternae discord server.

Have you read the site yet?
A small amount. I have been impressed so far. I will probably have dived in much further by the time this message is replied too.

What do you think omnimancy is?
I’m honestly not that sure. I’ve been told the members here are adept at creating constructs. I seems to be a blend of psionics/energy work and magick with an evidence based/scientific approach. It has a surgical feel to it so far.

What do you hope to get out of Omnimancy and what are your end goals?
I plan to continue trying to develop myself and all my attributes and abilities to their full potential. I hope that the Omnimancy system can help me to achieve this.

Omnimancy training is a long process, are you willing to put the time in? (Which for OmniCyber means being able to show up on IRC on Monday Nights weekly reliably, as well as practicing on your own time or with other students.)
Yes. I have two – three hours a day to put into occultism, not including physical practices such as yoga, or weightlifting.

Can you work ok with others?
Yes. However I am not interested in joining a cult, or a hierarchical lodge structure.

Because it's the internet, how old are you?
Almost 21
DevilsAvocado
Visitor
Visitor

Postby casruf58 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:34 am

I wasn't introduced to magick by anyone I knew, nor did I have any spiritual or paranormal experiences that brought me to study magic, instead I dove right into magic because of a personal event that took me a while to move on from. This was back in mid 2015 to early 2016.I have put a lot of time in the past into studying magic and reading all public information avaliable on the Omni site and forums, however for 2018 I have been focusing more on making myself ready and maturing as a person, so magic has been put on hold for the most part to focus more on other things.

I was taught for a month or so by a magician on wizardforums going by the username of Sevarn however after that I've been entirely self-taught and have done my best to go off of what public information I've read here on the public forums. I have fallen into a lot of pitfalls while I have been on this path however I have somehow or another always been lead right again (either by my innerself, or my higher guardian angel, or more probably a bit of both); Many times LordArt has also given me advice or his honest opinion on things, which has also contributed greatly to getting me back on the right path again.

Me being self-taught with magic has for the most part had more benefits than negatives, I have been free from the dogma and the political drama that being in a magical order brings, however I have also fallen into pits that I wouldn't have if I had a mentor or a group with people more knowledgeable than me that I could get advice from; Research has also been difficult and I have spent a lot of time in the past on research that bore no fruit. I don't think me being on my own with magic for 3 years was a negative thing, yet I realize that now is the time if possible to join Omnimancy and really make progress with magic.

I can't remember but I think it may have been Sevarn who mentioned Omnimancy to me. I found Omnimancy sometime in mid 2015, and have a terrible memory and so am unsure. In more general terms I suspect it was my inner (Omni term for inner, not standard magic one) who nudged me in the direction of this site.

I have read all the public stuff on the main site, and as many of the relevant forums posts as possible (Beginners guide to tech, astral biology, etc) countless times in all actuality, however to be honest I haven't read any of the public stuff on the main site or forum posts for a long time. I felt magic was interferring with my day to day life, so I spent less time on it in 2018 compared to previous years. The public information here has been exceptionally useful for me in the past and from the bits and pieces I am able to glean, if Omni public information is this good, it must be 1000 times better in the group itself. To put how much I've read from the forums into perspective, I watched Titan A.E once or twice cause LordArt mentioned that a certain part of the movie gave him an ephiphany that led him to discover the G7 amp.

Omnimancy is a meta-magick system which applies the scientific method to find the underlying principles and laws behind magick. This is done primarily through observation and experimentation, and I also imagine a great deal of sharing results with other Omni's and getting them to verify experiments and other things. Omnimancy relies primarily on tech (technology, technique and tech materials) which most magicians could compare to psionic constructs or even astral circuit boards of some sort. Psionic constructs are extremely limited in both utility and power compared to tech spells because tech spells are made from parts that are made from astral materials, whereas constructs are made from parts that are just made from energy. Then the study of things like astral biology and dimensional physics furthers the research and utility of tech, as well as of the Omni knowledge base. I saw a handful of tech materials when I was researching my first ever real tech spell shown to me by my inner, and I had raw proof of the immense possibilites that tech spells possess compared to psionic constructs.

It's taken me a lot of time to slowly piece together what it actually is that I want out of Omnimancy. In this life I have tried to go against the flow of society, I have also strived my hardest to achieve goals that were of personal significance to me but were unrealistic; I failed in my pursuit of those goals over and over again (often miserably) and the only thing people can say about me is that my life path has been different from others. However as LordArt said a few years ago, not conforming isn't enough. I do not have the personality traits requisite for me to start my own magic group and to start researching tech essentially from scratch, and if I was to try to do so it would end up going nowhere again. Yet I really enjoy doing magick, not the ceremonial part of it, but the nitty gritty part of trying out different things on the astral realm and doing hours of fruitless research in the hopes of finding that one breakthrough that makes everything worthwhile again. If I was able to spend time pushing the boundary with the possibilities of magic, and having the means to try out different random ideas in my head for tech spells, as well as the ability to contantly progress within the group and stretch my capabilities then I would have achieved most of what I want out of Omni. There are other things I want like getting 2 of my friends to join later on, since I feel they would make good magicians but all I can do is show them the possibilities of magic once I become an Omni (if I am given permission to). There were other things I wanted to achieve in the past but I have had to let them go as part of my maturation process.

Yes, I am. As far as I can tell the time OmniCyber is on lines up fine even though there is a massive timezone difference. I am prepared to practice a lot for Omnimancy so I doubt the amount of practice I do will be an issue.

I would say so, I have a close group of friends and family so I wouldn't say I lack the capacity to work with others. Working "ok" and working well are two different things and I am humble enough to realize I could always be so much better.

I am 18, however I will be 19 soon.
Last edited by casruf58 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
casruf58
Visitor
Visitor

Postby xianjiej1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:06 pm

from the Internet, Facebook's Magick group
Energy Work,Astral Projection,meditation,sigil , two years
There is no problem
From the post on the forum, I found that someone was talking about some skills with some nouns I had not heard of, so I searched for the corresponding nouns.
Yes, most of the public posts I read
Sufficient frontier, with great exploration value,It is, indeed,omnimancy
Learn more skills and Improving technique
Yes, as long as there is no accident, there is basically enough time.
Yes,Basically no problem.
xianjiej1
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Henry » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:00 pm

My parents are Kardecian Spiritists so, while I wouldn't call it "magic", I grew knowing that there's more to the world than the eyes can see. When I was 14 years old I started having involuntary experiences outside of the body, and since I couldn't find answers to what I was experiencing inside Spiritism I was compelled to research outside.

I know Spiritism is not widely known so I'll give a few lines so you can understand my background. Allan Kardec compiled information gathered from 1800s mediums around the globe and did a lot of research on the communications between this world and what he called the "Spirit World". Kardec himself came from Christian beliefs so there's a lot of that mixed in, but the core beliefs are that we are immortal souls who evolve through the process of reincarnation. We are built up from numerous experiences and while we each evolve individually, the law of cause and effect (very similar with the concept of karma) propels us to work united for the common good. Also there's the metaphor that the Earth is a school/prison/hospital where some come to learn, pay their dues and heal the damage they might have suffered, but our real life is out there. I suppose that should be enough information for now and if anyone would be curious to know more, Kardec's books can easily be found on the Internet. I'll also answer questions if anyone asks me but I do not wish to evangelize anyone and that's not why I'm here.

I have studied Spiritism all my life and Conscientiology for a couple of years (which was created by an ex-spiritist who did not condone with certain flaws he observed in the previously mentioned). I've also studied some independent psionics and astral travel methods since I was 14, however actual experiences with those were few and far between.

Not at all. I know that thoughtforms or magical constructs or astral mechanisms or whatever one wishes to call them are very real things. What will interfere or not with me using them will be only my own capabilities.

I've heard about it from a friend who also wishes to join.

Yes.

What I've understood is that Omnimancy is the study of extraphysical mechanisms, tools, materials and resources and the means of building, assembling, forming and applying them for a variety of purposes.

My goal is to grow spiritually, and be as productive and efficient as I can in helping and aiding the progress of humanity, and while I know that I'm just a drop in the ocean, I'll do my best at that. I believe that Omnimancy can potentialize the powers that I need on this task.

Yes.

Yes.

Henry
Visitor
Visitor

Postby JJolly1986 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:59 am

In a nutshell, things kept happening around me, usually when I would become emotional. I started my spiritual journey when religion couldn't/wouldn't answer my questions.

I have been an informal student of the O'Dea Foundation and following their tradition for roughly 2 years now. Otherwise, freelance study for the past 12

ill your current practice or religion interfere with you learning omnimancy?

No

How did you find us?

Rene advised me of the group about a month into my start with current tradition, I tried to apply last year but I was too late I believe. Current student Jeremy advised me that applications were being accepted.

Yes

Omnimancy, in my understanding is a study of magic and how it works, as well as utilization of multiple techniques to do the same thing. If you add A+B+C to = D, you can combine A and B to simplify and do the same thing.

I hope to get in better touch with my higher self. I feel if I can do that, I can become more in control of myself and not be influenced by others energies easily. In essence, better myself so I can help better others.

Omnimancy training is a long process, are you willing to put the time in? (Which for OmniCyber means being able to show up on IRC on Monday Nights weekly reliably, as well as practicing on your own time or with other students.)

As of right now, yes. I do go to electrical school currently Monday nights, and USUALLY get out by 7:30/8, which gives me an hour before it starts. (I was advised it's at 9 o'clock my time)

Overall yes. I am however highly affected by others energy, which again, I am looking to get a grip on.

JJolly1986
Visitor
Visitor

Postby solxyz » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:19 am

Kind of hard to remember that now. I had a range of psychic, mystical, and "synchronistic" experiences through my early life, which I mostly wrote off or ignored. I suppose my active pursuit of these matters started when I was reading a book on buddhist meditation by an author I respected, who mentioned, somewhat off-handedly, that magic abilities are real. This was immediately something I wanted to puruse, and so it began.

Tibetan Buddhism. I have been involved in buddhist things for at least 15 years, and with this particular tradition for at least 3 years.

Not at all.

I'm not sure now. I've been aware of you for a few years. It may have been a passing mention by Jason Miller.

Yes.

Omnimancy is basically a pragmatic, science-and-technology model for working with magic. Within that model, it sees itself as reverse engineering the black box elements of other magical systems in order to be able to apply their principles in a way more precisely aligned with the operator's intentions. It could be likened to a particularly refined form of psionics, in that it is based on using the the mind to actively structure, program, and manipulate psychic energy.

The idea of an end goal is a bit foreign to me. The only possible end goal would have to be something impossibly far-flung and utopian, such as establishing the reign of philosopher kings over the world and raising all beings to their level. For the most part I am just going along pursuing my interests and continuing to develop my skills. That said, the possibility of magical bio-hacking, alluded to in several places on the website, is particularly intriguing to me.

Absolutely. I'm quite dedicated and hard working, and this kind of stuff is my passion.

Yes. People seems to find me to be a pretty likeable individual.

solxyz
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Enki » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:24 am

I have had a long-time interest in various esoteric subjects, ranging from mythology, comparative religion, paranormal investigation, and frontiers in science. I later met people with similar interests, who introduced me to some other topics. I began browsing various websites, books, and metaphysical stores.
I am currently involved with a number of traditions and practices, ranging from Thelema, Druidry, various left-hand path systems, shamanism, African traditional religions, and Rosicrucianism. I have practiced solitary, and later with a number of organizations, for approximately fifteen years.
My current practices will not interfere with Omnimnacy.
I learned about Omnimancy through a podcast, in which the host discussed Crucible Convention, and later interviewed a member in one episode. I next viewed the website to learn more.
I have read the website.
Omnimancy to me sounds like a system of eclecticism and practicality. It involves energy manipulation techniques that I am familiar with, while keeping techniques as simple and direct as possible. I believe it is likely the most modern approach to various magical practices, and integrates them into a readily usable system.
I have had some success with psychic experiences and magic thus far, but I believe Omnimancy is the best place for me to hone my abilities. It has been a goal of mine for some time to push myself to the next level, and I believe Omnimancy may provide the tools and training methods necessary to make this happen. I also believe that I can contribute to Omnimacy, as I am always open to the exchange of ideas and experiences, and enjoy sharing these things in order to reach end goals from which many people may benefit.
I am certainly willing to put in the time, as I have done with other activities in the past. Due to my location, I would do this through Omnimancy Cyber.
I can work well with others, having done some with magical groups, as well as professionally.
I am currently thirty years old.
Enki
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Ixarus » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:28 pm

My mother practiced some sort of magic growing up, but had passed away. Since then I have read and researched what I could find available, I met Chris and he has helped answer questions I have had.

General witchcraft/cultural, since childhood I have been involved with magic

No, I'm pretty open minded

How did you find us?
Chris and Cailin have talked to me about joining omni for sometime now

Yes

Omnimancy is a lot like describing a color, because I don't know what it truly is but I will try. It seems modular in the sense that you can cast and take parts to improve them without losing the whole construct. It seems to improve using energy efficiently to cast.

To learn to be more time practical to improve spellcasting on the fly and be able to improve my energy senses. Eat cosmos if possible.

Yes

Yes

Ixarus
Visitor
Visitor

Postby jcoarsey » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:01 pm

In a way, I've always been called to it. The stories, the imagination behind it, knowing the power within yourself to manifest what you want. I learned more about energy work while I was in massage school, which was another thing I was always drawn to and my curiousity continued to grow.

I was raised Roman Catholic which lead to many questions and doubt, and in return lead to issues with my family. I explored general witchcraft/cultural aspects over the years and became stronger in my beliefs through energy work and massage therapy. I've been a licensed massage therapist almost 10 years and researched my own findings in witchcraft over the last 5-6 years.

No, I'm pretty open minded

How did you find us?
Chris and Cailin have talked to me about joining omni for sometime now

Yes

Omnimancy is an aspect of using energy within yourself and combining it with energy supplied by the Earth. (cliche much? haha)

I hate being so unsure of myself and insecure in manifesting my wants. I believe, in a way, I will unleash my full potential and who doesn't love confidence?? I want to be successful in my career and execute my ideas with positive results, with no doubt. I've become more comfortable and connected to nature in my own practices and I know it goes much deeper than that. I want to understand it better.

Yes

Yes

I'll be 30 in July
jcoarsey
Visitor
Visitor

Postby MercuriusSword » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:08 am

I got into magic initially when I was searching for a more open religion outside of Christianity. From there I had a strong curiosity about folklore, psychology, culture, and mysticism. I from there got more into witchcraft after joining a few witchcraft servers to hear people talk about actual practice outside of books.

Currently I practice Khaos magic through DKMU and have been doing so regularly for about the past four months. I also have kept a steady ritual and prayer practice for the past 2 years while recording results. In particular, I have had experience with dreamwork, rudimentary energy work, and astral construction. I have also talked to people in the witchcraft communities and had a consistent Catholic mystic practice for the past 8 years, but much of the Catholic aspects are currently becoming less prominent in my practice. Currently I have success in magic that works on an interpersonal, spiritual, and psychological level but struggle to concretely effect things on the physical level.

It should not interfere since currently I work within a khaos magic and Omnism perspective.

I found out about the group through a member named Forest_Horns on discord.

I have read the parts of it that I was allowed to access.

I think omnimancy is working with the primal threads and energy that makes up the universe and time itself to construct magic and concepts that work as efficiently as possible.

I hope to join a group of similar minded mages and to work expand on some tech I currently have. In particular I gained a itch and interest after talking with a current member of the Omnimancer group and finding a common thread in our practices and wanting to know more. In particular in trying to deconstruct some of the "math" and concepts behind some of their pre-Omni work that is similar to the group's tech. My end goals is to hopefully learn as much as I can while adding to the group in the ways I can. I am just hoping to find a group of people on a magical path I thought I was alone on for many years.

I am willing to put the time in, although I am currently trying to get a college degree. So if any exams or mandatory events come up, I will do my best to inform my fellow members ahead of time.

I think I work well with others. Though mostly for magic I prefer to be on video call or in voice chat to be more in tune on the personal level. However, I have had success doing a few things in the astral via text chat.

I am currently 21, turning 22 in March.
MercuriusSword
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Jess_DeShields » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:25 pm

I became interested in much the same way I assume a lot of people do. Things started happening that I couldn't explain and someone suggested that it could be metaphysical in nature so I began to explore what turned out to be the proverbial rabbit hole...also the rabbit hole is actually a multi dimensional rabbit warren...

I have been studying/practicing various forms of divination for 2.5 years. I have also been exploring the traditions of hedge witchcraft for 5 years.

Will your current practice or religion interfere with you learning omnimancy? No, in fact I feel that my current path has led me to omnimancy.

How did you find us? This was recommended to me by friends already involved with omnimancy.

Have you read the site yet? Yes, I have reviewed the sections: Omnimancer overview, Magicdocs/public, Omnistories/public, omnimancerFaq, as well as OmniTranslator.

What do you think omnimancy is? To my very limited understanding, on the surface omnimancy appears to be the metaphysical practice of manipulating energy into constructs to serve an intention.

What do you hope to get out of Omnimancy and what are your end goals? I hope to gain a working understanding of omnimancy and improve/completely overhaul the systems I currently use to utilize magic.

Omnimancy training is a long process, are you willing to put the time in? (Which for OmniCyber means being able to show up on IRC on Monday Nights weekly reliably, as well as practicing on your own time or with other students.) I've been informed of the time commitment and feel that it is something I can commit to over an extended period of time. I already use Monday and a few other portions of the week for personal study and this would replace that time with a more structured curriculum.

Can you work ok with others? To be honest I can be shy, and I can also be a nervous talker who cracks jokes to be more comfortable. In a learning environment I can be serious and stay on topic with little to no issue. In a group learning environment I can fulfill my obligations reliably and help others who ask questions I have an answer to or work with them to find the answer together. For the most part I do not have a problem working with others or establishing boundaries where I feel working with a person will not be beneficial to myself or them in a respectful and mature manner.

Because it's the internet, how old are you? I am 28 years.
Jess_DeShields
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Riversong » Thu May 05, 2022 1:13 pm

I originally got into it in my teens as I "got into" philosophy, then found out Crowley existed and then just kept reading various texts. I also had a few experiences that I couldn't rationalize with what little science I know and chose to seek answers in the occult. It so happens that the occult answers things more than my understanding of science does- so I pursue it.

Currently my primary practice is divination through a couple means. I also have a great interest in comparative religions and theology and the interplay between them and Jungian psychology. Archetypes are a favored study of mine, and how they apply to Rite and Ritual. My practice is a lot of study and academically oriented, since I'm currently fortunate enough to not need to cast or do much energy work out of necessity. I do practice it to a limited degree, alongside some chaos magic rituals of my own creation for primarily protective means of myself and my loved ones.

:?: Will your current practice or religion interfere with you learning Omnimancy?
From what I currently understand and have read on the website it's primarily an energy working system. The morals of the group also don't seem to clash against mine. I don't see something that would interfere with working or learning if I were to be accepted.

I spoke to Mercurius and got "referred" after a conversation about tethers.

Yes, I've read quite a few topics on the forums here too.

:?: What do you think Omnimancy is?
An energy working system that has a clear tier structure from G1 to G7 if I'm recalling properly. It also mentions something called "amps" but in truth, I don't really know what those are. I'm assuming it's some form of meditative state where the user is more receptive to "piercing the veil" as it were. I'd also wager it has a similar structure or idea to chakras, but I've seen no mention of them on the website so that's more of a dart tossed at a board. I hope to see if it sticks.

I wish to learn and I seek experience. My "true" end goal isn't necessarily magick related, but I wish to be happy and try to make my loved and trusted ones happier than I am. Magickally, my end goal would be the ability to be better at my practices and try to make the world a little better than I found it.

If someone extends their precious time to me, it's only right and just to return mine. I'd be quite happy to do so on Monday nights and other opportune timings as deemed necessary. My life is currently very turbulent right now with many changes occurring. However, since from what I understand since it takes nearly a year for these to be read, I don't foresee it being that calamitous for that long.

:?: Can you work okay with others?
In my opinion I can, but I think the real question is what do those who have worked with me think about my ability to cooperate. I'd like to say I very much can work well, and hope I'm given the chance to show that to the others. I've held leadership positions in the workforce. However, I don't think I can answer that question fairly and only my peers could- which is why I ask you inquire with Mercurius about me in that regard if it's possible.

I'm in my mid 20s. Since this is a public forum and I don't really know anyone that well yet; I don't feel comfortable disclosing more than that at this time. If I was reached out to in private on the email I registered my account under about my personal demographics I'd be willing to disclose a little more information about myself.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration of me joining Omni-Cyber.
Riversong
Visitor
Visitor

Postby thestory » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:12 pm

How Did You Get into Magick?
I was 15. That's also around the time(15 years ago) that I first applied to this forum. I figure I'd give it another shot. Anyway, I began with chaos magic and DKMU and boy have I made some serious changes in my practice. Still, I immersed myself in the craft. Back then it was all Llewellyn books on traditional witchcraft and Vodun. Being a chaos mage I jumped around quite a bit, but rather than it being to my detriment, I believed it helped me find my sea legs.

I currently practice a form of direct magic that works directly on the minds of others. I've been doing this for about 2 years now. I don't believe anyone else has created a system based soley around psychology, but I could be wrong. I'm fascinated with the mind-body continuum and how to utilize the astral to alter physical events. I have NEVER been a fan of tools in magic and do very little in that regard unless I have to. My inspirations aren't really related to any modern magical texts. Give me Joseph Campbell, Rupert Sheldrake and Mircea Eliade any day of the week. I'm interested in simplifying the intersections of each system I come across and altering them so that they can be used without tools.

The back bone of my praxis lies in:
Archetypes-Aspects of the collective subconscious that love to pop up. Popularized by Jung. The Trickster, the Mother, etc.
Allegories-The stories that repeatedly pop up in myth, also called 'Archetypal events' -> Return and Rebirth, the Alchemical Marriage and Union, Rites of Passage, etc.
The manipulation of both in the psyche for the good will of myself and others

I know you guys use research as the backbone of your praxis, so this is something I've written in the past few months. Feel free to use this research even if I don't get in. I find Mantra, Mudra, and Intent also form the basis of my praxis. I'm also a very skilled Geomancer. It's something I picked up about 2 years ago.

https://introspective.notion.site/Theor ... 46e41e6b22

Will your current practice or religion interfere with you learning Omnimancy?
No I'm Buddhist. Some people say that the Buddha didn't like magic, which is true. But I like magic, so I do it to benefit myself and others. I'm sure he can't argue with that.

How did you find us?
I don't really remember since I first heard of you guys when I was 15. I think I just googled 'Direct Magick' and you eventually popped up. Jason Miller mentioned you and led me to have an 'aha!' moment.

Absolutely. I've read a bit of the open magical forums as well. It seems like what I need to advance.

What do you think Omnimancy is?
Omnimancy, to put it simply is a direct energy system that's designed to be used without tools. There's an amazing structure to it, with the whole G1-G7 thing. I've never seen that in any other magical practice. It's very impressive. I also like the emphasis on imagination, since I have a very vivid one and would enjoy learning to harness it better.

What do you seek to get out of Omnimancy and what are your goals?
Well, I hope to learn more about direct magic, but I also hope to help others with their craft. I heard direct magic is difficult so anything I can do to help will be awesome, even if that includes sharing notes and research.

Omnimancy training is a long process, are you willing to put the time in?
Absolutely. The grade system makes me excited because it gives me a definite structure and 'goal'. I'm willing to work toward that goal with all my strength.

Can You Work Well With Others?
My aegis is psychological magic so I kind of have to be lol. I'm used to working as a team, so I would love to collaborate for personal projects and help lead a few groups when I get my sea-legs here.

Whether you accept me or not. You guys are phenomenal, and I wish you the best with all your work. A gift and a note from me to help further your research.
thestory
New Student
New Student

Next

Return to Open Magical Discussion