Login | Register

Stories Experiences and Discussion(For nonmembers)&fun p

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

You experience 'out of the ordinary' events

Crap! Gotta go, the UFOs are outside again!
8%
All the time! My third eye is squeeky clean too!
No votes
Quite often, I've come to accept these things.
62%
Every once in awhile, it usually surprises me... a little
8%
Somtimes, and I'm usually not sure what to make of it?
No votes
Rarely, but I know something MUST have happend!
No votes
Everyonce in awhile, I think something might have happened, but who can say?
15%
Never. It is like children of the corn, without the children!
8%
Are you talking about when filing my taxes goes smoothly?
No votes

Total votes : 13
  • Author
Stories Experiences and Discussion(For nonmembers)&fun p

Postby vexen » Wed May 07, 2003 10:55 pm

:idea: I decided that members of the web forum, who have yet to be accepted into the 'inner circle' of the Omnimancy group would probably enjoy a place to note their own experiences without having it sorted to some degree. It is true that non-members may post in the Open magical discussion, but this provides for somewhat greater organization and encourages 'outsiders' to share their experiences. Of course I guess it is really up to the admins as to the appropriateness of this post. I hope they leave it up!

Remember that there is no screening on this 'version' of Stories Experiences and Discussions, so ANYONE could post, and that could mean a few people who aren't quite 'with it'.

:) Please be understanding and try not to be confrontational if possible.

:lol: Enjoy the poll, I'm pretty sure most people will! :lol:

:wink: Note to anyone who is offended by anything anyone posts, that is not removed by the Moderators or admins, chill out!

:D \/<+<^' (33% MORE L337 talk!)
vexen
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Guest » Thu May 08, 2003 11:33 am

Vexen could you do everyone a favor and stick to dark colors when you post. The lighter ones make it hard for some of us to read your postings.

Thanks
Robinhood

:pint:

Postby LordArt » Thu May 08, 2003 12:10 pm

Well, a couple of comments:

Color of text: Well, vexen, your screwed either way. There are two "Styles" for the forum that is selectable. A White and blue theme which is the "standard", and a dark red and grey theme which is the "Omnimancy" style (as far as the web forum goes). So if you choose lighter colors, it looks fine in the red and grey style, but can't be seen in the standard style, if you choose darker colors, it looks fine in the "standard" style, but can't easily be seen in the red and grey style. Hence why the default text color is best. It will be set to be easily seen in both styles.

As far as people on the message board lurking around who aren't a part of the "inner circle" as you put it, there aren't any. This isn't a board that attracts any traffic other than those interested in Omnimancy. Nor should it be a highly trafficed forum by non-omnimancers. That isn't what it's here for. Anyone you see in the members list on the forum is either an omnimancer (like 90%) or is someone who showed up, made their pitch, and for one reason or another didn't get in and left, and never came back. There isn't this crowd of lurking Omnimancer wannabes simply looking for a topic to jump in on.
The forum is here so that perspective newbies can voice their opinions, and get responded to (as far as the public areas). The private areas are for coordinating things and asking/answering questions. Discoarse in the public sections gives people an idea of who we are, as you yourself had mentioned. Most Omnimancers are rather busy people with things other than Omnimancy, so it can be a great sacrifice for them to put time into Omnimancy. I know from person experience, that the whole message board thing eats up WAY too much time to be worth doing. Especially how long winded I am. :)

--"All I want from life is an Unfair Advantage!"
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

I will take this all into consideration, my friends!

Postby vexen » Fri May 09, 2003 7:25 am

:) Hello!

:P Sorry about the font colors and such, I will try to find a more neutral theme that works better under both forum presets if possible, though as Lord Art has already stated the defaults work nicely under both tof them.

:) I guess I had not fully realized exactly how busy other people are! I've worked out a pretty good system for myself that provides a relatively stable source of income that leaves me mostly free, and of course it is legal. Also, I understand that there are probably not too many lurkers, if any, but I have the approach of trying to open people's minds a bit. I guess the idea is that if the occasional surfer should come in, that they can feel more encouraged to see if in fact they are prepared and interested to explore the possible benefits offered by Omnimancy. I mean no disrespect to the Omnimancy community. If a higher level of secrecy is desired to the point of not being this friendly, let me know and I will take these guidelines into consideration for all future posts.

:!: For any guests reading this, understand that any undertaking of this nature is not something that is a fad, it is a lifestyle that represents your desire to achieve certain goals that are beyond the preception of the general public. Also, it is important to be as open minded as possible, but always take things with a certain grain of salt until you have tested the waters. I am not apart of the inner circle either, at leat not yet, so understand that I am a guest just like you. These people seem so far fair and open minded, also they seem fairly competent, so far, and it seems unlikely that they will tolerate any BS.

:D Thank you all for your interest in this post, I hope you find the poll to be somewhat amusing, and adequately descriptive. Since I've approached Omnimancy so far through means of the internet, it is likely that I will use this forum more than the average user. I assure you that I will do what I can to ensure my posts are somewhat meaningful, prbably somewhat amusing, and possibly informative. Thanks for the input!

\\// E X 3 //\\// (3.14% more L337 talk)
vexen
Visitor
Visitor

Postby KayVee » Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:56 am

What the hell are you talking about?

Image Image

KayVee
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Naryx » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:56 am

My experience of out-of-body and otherwise 'paranormal' events is none of your god damn business.

I learned a long time ago that posting out-of-body/paranormal experiences is a quick way to make the others your talking to not take you seriously at all.

I'm surprised you don't know this by now.

Humans treat a new or different idea like the human body treats a protein. They invariably reject it. Unless they are abnormal*, in which case there is a chance of acceptance but its still unlikely.

* - by normal it is meant the ignorant bastards that don't give a shit about it unless it makes them money or they can fuck it.
The forges of manifestation are never quiescent. They are simply so far away from normal reality that you can't hear them.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion