Login | Register

Wow! Where to begin.......

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Wow! Where to begin.......

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:23 pm

I have read through the Omnimancy website and I was really impressed to find that such a thing existed. I have spent years searching for a scientifically based magic system that does not base all of its results on some greater being or another......an poof.....I find your page.

So this question must be asked even if it may be redundant. Are the requirements that were givin to Kevin back in February the only ones to become a student or does it get more extensive? I only ask because I don't want to waste anyones time and have fifty back and forth replies before we all get to the point. I will gladly answer any questions.....I am just checking to see if I have all of them first.

Creating this forum was a great idea. Your site gives a pretty good idea ( I think ) of the system of magic that you study.....but it does not really define how you are as people. I have to say I have run into my far share of delusional people and I am particularly uninterested in running into them again. From everything I have read on your forum you appear ( at least for the moment ) to have your heads on strait. :) I hope that in time I can prove that mine is also :)

If this never goes anywhere further I have to at least thank you for straitening out some issues I have been having with the information you share on your site!

Truly Impressed (AHA.....there is a first time for everything )

P.s. So difficult not to comment on the light and dark subject.........

Postby LordArt » Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:12 am

Hello

I have read through the Omnimancy website and I was really impressed to find that such a thing existed. I have spent years searching for a scientifically based magic system that does not base all of its results on some greater being or another......an poof.....I find your page.

Well, I'm glad you liked what you saw. As far as "poof" goes, sometimes it goes that way. ;)

Are the requirements that were givin to Kevin back in February the only ones to become a student or does it get more extensive?

For the most part, it doesn't get more extensive. While what played out with Kevin wasn't a shining Omnimancy moment, it did explain our position, eventually. :)

Normally what is asked is to get to know someone and their backround. The questions are normally:
    How did you come across our site?
    How long have you been into magic and what do you practice?
    Where are you located in the country?
    What is your interest in Omnimancy?
    What has made you wish to learn more?
    What do you hope to get out of omnimancy?
    Can they make the monday night "teaching window" because of their own schedule, etc.
    And because it's the internet, What's your age?

We do appreaciate to know a person's real name even if they like speaking under a handle, just so things are less anonymous. We like everyone to know each other. Of course, for your own privacy reasons, these questions can be answered in email, rather than on a public forum.

Creating this forum was a great idea. Your site gives a pretty good idea ( I think ) of the system of magic that you study.....but it does not really define how you are as people. I have to say I have run into my far share of delusional people and I am particularly uninterested in running into them again. From everything I have read on your forum you appear ( at least for the moment ) to have your heads on strait. I hope that in time I can prove that mine is also :)

Unfortunately, the site really only gives an impression that we only do energy work, and while that is certainly a foundation, it doesn't explain what we do at higher ends that makes Omnimancy different. There is a lot more to it, but what is on the site is a start and all we feel comfortable going into for the general masses.

As far as the site not getting into who we are as people, your right. The stories section was a minor attempt to show a little, without trying to look like we were delusional. Your quite right that there are far too many delusional people out there, but the only true way of knowing if we are delusional(or not) or you are(or not) is to interact and get to know each other. I don't think a web page will probably ever be able to show how people in Omnimancy truely are as individuals or as a group. If you say something, each person will interpret it different ways, and if you go too far, it looks like propaganda and makes you look worse. If a person is interested, they ask questions, so the interaction beings, which solves the problem of who we are. :)

P.s. So difficult not to comment on the light and dark subject.........

Yeah, that's always a loaded debate that never gets anywhere :lol: (at least with certain people). Each to their own. In the end, people make their own choices.

Well, I hope I answered your questions. I look forward to hearing from you.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Return to Open Magical Discussion