Login | Register

Spirits that You've Met?

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
i'm beginning to understand

Postby hybridweb » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:06 pm

Well, it's nearly a year since my last post on this subject. I'm beginning to better understand what "sensing" means. I've been taking my magical training slowly because I've been doing a lot of growing and making a lot of changes lately. I want to better know myself before I begin to explore the rest of the world. During this period of growth, I have really gotten into is the Native American flute. I play a lot, and as I have gotten better and better, I've begun to enter light trance states as I play. Lately, when I've been in these trance states, I've sensed a presence there with me. It's an interesting feeling, hard to describe, but I know something is there with me, even when I am alone in the house. This presence is not threatening, but feels ancient and inspiring. I know now that this presence is the Spirit of the Native American Flute. I can feel it, sort of speaking to me without words, giving me inspiration, and joining me with the music. Because of these experiences, I now better understand what "sensing" is. I'm sure that there are many more ways than this, but this is a step on the path.

Evan
hybridweb
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Obsidian » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:02 am

Hey, may as well add it.

Sitting in the lounge room the other day, of a house I'd only recently moved in too, I was being watched.

Now everyone gets the feeling they're being watched at one time or another. I'm sure every single person in this room has felt it. What made this stand out was that I could tell exactly where the watcher was standing, down to where his eyes were situated.

And what he wanted. It wasn't nice.

The next day, walking to work, I was followed for almost ten minutes. The presence was a lot weaker, but still rather noticeable. This was weeks ago, and I haven't noticed anything since so nothing negative came from the situation.

Still... It's made me stop and wonder just how often the feeling of being watched is actually accurate. Surprising =)
"Nothing is more amazing than getting the shit kicked out of you by something you didn't believe existed" - David.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby hybridweb » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:01 pm

That's creepy... An astral stalker...
hybridweb
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Obsidian » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:38 am

That's sorta creepy, more an annoyance.

You want creepy?

Try having an astral peeping tom watching your ex-girlfriend in the shower. The moment the water turned on, there was someone else in the house. I was in the lounge room (which sorta links to the bathroom) and I'm 100% certain there was someone in that room, pacing back and forth.

And once the water stopped, he vanished.

I just suggested to her inner to put up some form of shield (like a blurriness thing! :P) and then told her lower when she emerged from the shower. She said she sorta felt it as well :) Nothing like confirmation.

The creepiest aspect (aside from the jealousy of a spirit seeing my ex nakey *cough*) was just how well I could feel him. And know what his intention was.

Actually, on the topic of my ex, I get watched in her house =P A deceased old man lives in that house, he's unnerving. Died a violent death, he's sorta trapped and twisted. I want to sleep there to see if he plagues my dreams like he has one of my friends.

Lots of spirit activity going on around me!
"Nothing is more amazing than getting the shit kicked out of you by something you didn't believe existed" - David.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby oath » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:32 am

I had a strange dream last night involving a vampire. Not sure what to make of that though, and made sure to put a temporary shield up for when I sleep.

Have also had brief prized encounter with a being I believe was the goddess kundalini. Others include a being named samuljah (no idea who this is as have not been able to find any info on it/him) and a horrible experience in which I was attacked by a particular entity, that I am not sure who was, but perhaps either samael or something like a high up demon, for when I woke I was under the impression that I had been visited by the devil himself.

None of these can I be totally sure of though and they each taught me something.
A psion practices the branch of magic called psi, a kabbalist practices from the kabbalah, and a buddhist strives for enlightenment. A Wizard however endeavors to know, understand, and master all magic, religion, and thought.
oath
Visitor
Visitor

Two fun spirits?

Postby DrFredbert » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:21 pm

Well it's been quite a while since someone has actually written in this particular topic, but I thought I would give some fun stories . . .

The first one is going to be short . . . I saw an all black shadowy 3D man in a hat . . . he started walking towards me . . . and then I ran away screaming "OH ~#@$!" Later on (about 2 years later) I found out that other people had seen my scary friend and dubbed him a shadow person. I know nothing of this, but it was very interesting non the less.

My next experience is sort of a small confessional of my own sometimes reckless methodology.

Being bored I decided to con my Wiccan-ish friend into joining in on a good old demon summoning. He decided he was game having nothing else to do. We ventured down to his parts and this is the tale of what took place next . . .

Having spent that last couple days trying to figure out something to do with energy manipulation (I wasn't and don't feel like I am very versed in the practice) I decided that I was going to force a joining of intentions on my friend. I asked him to take in some of my energy and then used it to align him with what I wanted.

At this point I began bs'ing a summoning sigil for Samael (heard he was a big dog). I used the sigil and then began to use something akin to energy arms to try and rip a hole in the location of summoning and make a call via a sigilized psiball. Well whatcha know the damn thing worked.

Next thing I know the paper is glowing, err . . . it was actually lit up with a variety of colors and the floor around the summoning area had clawed looking hand things reaching out. Anyhoo, I decided that enough was enough and then ripped the sigilized piece o' paper only to find it bleeding lots of colored lights--odd I don't remember requesting this behavior...

We decided that leaving the location was best after turning on all the lights in the room (was using a lamp and some candles).

My friend was more than a little freaked out and I spent the last half hour I was there calming him down. There is a bit more to the story, but I will leave the rest in the aether for brevity's sake.

All in all both are pretty fond memories.

Dr. Fredbert
DrFredbert
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Beast » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:05 am

Haven't been on the site in a looooooong time. Good to see ppl still chatting. I've sort of moved away from active practising for a while as there were some negative aspects that affected me physically, but ran into some, what my partner and I call famous and not-so-famous dead okes (guys).

With me it's mostly auditory, not visual. I've had two visual interactions in the past though. Once I switched off the light to my flat as I was leaving. I turned around to go to the door and there was this flourescent green shape the size and shape of an adult man. I got the fright of my life cause I wasn't expecting anybody to be there, but it seems this entity also got a huge fright when it noticed that I saw it and disappeared through my wall.

The second time was really weird. I went camping with some friends and we were busy greeting each other. There was this blond woman between them, and me normally being friendly introduced myself. She also introduced herself and hugged me and asked if I was OK and needed help. I found this very strange and told her I was fine. Then I asked my one friend who she was and he replied "Who". I tried to point her out but she was gone. When I described the blond woman, all my friends looked at me as if I was on drugs and replied there's no woman by that description there. I've never seen her again, but for some or another reason that hug was the most memorable thing of the entire camping trip.
The meaning of life is not to be lowered into the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wrecked, and think "Holy shit! What a ride!!"
Beast
Visitor
Visitor

Previous

Return to Open Magical Discussion