Login | Register

Spirits that You've Met?

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Spirits that You've Met?

Postby Contrary » Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:57 pm

Alrighty, I'm noticing a decided increase in the number of people who are registering for the form, but who aren't posting. I'm thinking, 'Hey, our main site is a little lean on the info, and even the forum is pretty sparse for non-members'.

Thusly, I figure if I start a new topic of discussion that everyone can both view *and* respond to, maybe those phantom registrants will magically (hehe, I said magically, heh-he-ehehe) appear and post some of their own interesting experiences.

So then, who's met spirits or other disembodied entities? What did they say? What did they do? Were they wearing pants?!

I've come across alot of different spirits, ranging from local nature spirits and the like, to larger bullies who like to pick on weaker people, psi-vamps who try to drain your energy, bigger things that have smaller spirits working for them, etc. Anyway, how about you?
-Adam
Contrary
The Contrary One
The Contrary One

Postby Jow » Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:12 am

Yep, met some spirit folk. Thus far all have been more or less friendly, some I consider very good friends, and trust more than most incarnate folk.

I've almost given up trying to classify them into genus, species subgroups.. I guess that means I am getting more personally involved or something. The catagories thus far are "Friends", "Disembodied folk I know", and "Disembodied folk I dont know". Have not yet strayed into that "Disembodied folk who want to cause me horrendous bodily harm and eat my soul", yet.. and I hope to hold off on that one for as long as I can.

What do we talk about? Same thing as everyone else, I suppose. Oddly, I've never asked "Hey, whats life like on your side of things?" It just never came up. I leave the ones I consider friends offerings of food, incence, and other stuff.. Not cause I worship them, but for the same reason I buy my physical friends things.. cause I like them!

oh yes, some of them were wearing pants.. some not.. some dont have the right parts for pants.. maybe modified pants..

mmmm no pants..
"Why look for meaning where there is none? Would you follow a path you know leads no where?"
-Query of the Mentat School
Jow
Research Student
Research Student

Postby Magrus » Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:01 pm

Well, I've met some. The ones I tend to acknowledge and realize someones around me are those I have some sort of past experience with. Otherwise I really don't even attribute whats going on as anything out of the ordinary (I.E. in the past haven't noticed something was going at all).

There are a few I've had experiences with that I can tell who it was and whats going on. Generally those are negative. I think only two haven't caused myself or someone I care about great harm, or haven't intended some sort of harm. Considering quite a few of the closer people to me throughout my past are incarnated here and have popped into my life, my interactions with them aren't simply limited to astral communication and such.

I know I've been contacted, attacked and simply watched over by a lot of beings. Most of the time its been something I mistook as my imagination or sickness when I was younger. But most of those I understand have been basically someone deciding to get revenge on my inner through me and then leaving. I don't believe I've been bothered by many random entities. Mostly dealing with a whole lot of unresolved past events and such. Which would require a good deal of personal history. Not sure if any of it would be pleasant enough to discuss on here.
"Everything I need is not really what I want.
I really really want to see you die." Rot by Dry Kill Logic
Magrus
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Itsu Kirin » Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:13 pm

Talking with spirits has been somethign I've been doing since I was very very young. At the time I didn't realize it was something not everone could do. I quickly learned to keep my mouth shut about it because having people tell me that my best friends were not real upset me to no end.

The first spirit I talked to was the one that lived in the tree outside my house. I was four years old when I moved there and I would sit put against it's trunk and talk for hours, when I was big enough I would jump up into it's branches and stay up there. I never really asked it's name because it didn't matter to me. he was always 'tree' to me.

When I got older and more adept at such things and was able to actually see who I was talking to 'tree,' started looking more and more himan to me, a human with yellow feathery hair. Turns out her is a bird spirit that inhabited the tree. I had given him the name Aya before I knew that 'aya' ment 'bird.' Funny how things turn out like that. :)

Growning up I didnt have many 'real' friends, but I had the spirits to keep my company, I've had a white dragon following me around for as long as i can remember. I found it hard to hard to interact with people because I would be seeing and reating to things that no one else had the ability to percieve. So I just didn't.
"I shall invent new kinds of pain for you. . . and new senses to feel it with. . ."
Itsu Kirin
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby FireEssence » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:01 am

By now I've actually realized that many I thought were imaginary as a child are real by various forms of outside confirmation and I've run into several more so now I can go into more detail. There is one who seems to have been asked by my higher to watch over me who I have 'known' since early childhood. He's generally appeared as many things but my very first memory was when I was on my way to school one day (I was about six) and I saw a man all in black on a roof top. He was wearing pants :P He was rather attractive and looked perhaps of Irish descent had he been physical. (Black Irish of course due to the hair) He then appeared to me in dreams etc. from that point of my life, dissapeared, reappeared in my life to try to keep me out of trouble a bit and I have not heard from him in a while.

There is another entity I refer to as, Rob. He was supposedly a friend in a past life and I only recently learned he was more than a figment when I had someone contact him for me via signature sent to inner because I was in a bind and thought he might be able to help. He and I have since gotten fairly close although my self-doubt has put strains on the relationship because I've either fabircated chunks of conversations with him or he's lying.

I've met several nature spirits including a tree-spirit which wished to educate me in the way of several things due to my trying to help protect the land his tree dwelled on. I've also run into a few that wanted to more or less destroy me, how fun! Some leech/parasitic entities have always been an annoyance and I have run into a few other more interesting entities as well.

That's my update.
Last edited by FireEssence on Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby Obsidian » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:11 pm

Entities i've ran into...Hmm...

I've met about 5 or 6 to my knowledge.

Most rememberal(sp?) was an entity 'commissioned' by my higher, to watch over me. It resembled a dragon (one of the liddle ones, not a big fire-breather) and it stayed around me for about a week...Never did find out why it was there, just it was meant to 'guide' me or somethin...

Another one i remember, was around someone else. Twas scary. He got me to scan the room, cause he felt something, i saw a big black mass over by the door, that basically exuded power and contempt. I ran home, cause i got scared :P

I've had a few, more recently, just attach and vamp energy, and one that went into my system, and transferred the energy it leeched back to its master.

Not the most interesting experiences ever :P
"Nothing is more amazing than getting the shit kicked out of you by something you didn't believe existed" - David.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby Lightbringer » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:01 pm

I've seen about...I have no clue. Tons would be my best estimate. Lots of hostil entities are around here and I wonder if it's something to do with this specific location because the amount of entities is far more than what I hear/read is "normal".

A lot have been hostile and manipulative. One actually made it so I couldn't understand my dad while talking to him, like our speech was being translated by some guy with a bad thesaurus.

I've seen one with my eyes, not a ghost but just a spirirt of a little boy aobut 7 years old. He looked so real I could touch him but when I tryied to my hand passed through him (no surprise) and he just smiled and walked out of my room through the door (literally through the door).

Just last night I had an experience where there was this dark hand that reached out and touched my hand. I could see it but when it touched me I jolted and got up and it was gone.

Lots of weird stuff, but it keeps things interesting. :D
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.
Lightbringer
Visitor
Visitor

Postby StormSeeker » Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:37 am

"May you live in interesting times"? :)
StormSeeker
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Naryx » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:59 am

Most of the spirits I've met don't normally have anything to do with humanity. Thus they are difficult to explain.

The idea of physical existance is alien to them, so they present themselves as patterns of information. Thats why their rather difficult to explain in a satisfactory way.
The forges of manifestation are never quiescent. They are simply so far away from normal reality that you can't hear them.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

List

Postby Satsung » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:19 pm

Here is a list of different ones that I have been in contact with ever since I was a very small child. Before I was even 4 years old...

Most of what I have come across are these subconcious constructs (bots) that come from someone who doesn't even know of it's existance. These are just astral formations that are 'made out of' a certain quality of energy. The personality they display is merely an expression of that particular quality. (These are things like fears and other strong emotions.)

Other ones are actual entities. Most of them seem to be able to choose whatever form they woud like to be seen in. Others seem to not care what form they take. Therefore, they develop a form that expresses the things they take preference in.

Also, there are the archtypes. They are like a massive formation from countless people feeding a specific idea of a god or even a general idea (Mars = passionate desires and motivations). A good example of this would be the extremely popular Ganesha.

The last kind I can think of at the moment are these ones that dont take any form whatsoever. They are more like a presence or abstract inteligence.

There has been one that I do not know how to classify... it was very very very.... odd....

I woke up with a dream flowing into my mind. The more I woke up.. the more I realized this dream was streaming into my head from above where I was sleeping. Also, as I was waking up.. I heard all sorts of voices (extremely high pitched) and sounds (clashing and banging). This was actaully a very complex song or musical arangement of some kind. It was just so extremely complex it sounding like utter chaos to me. This was also coming from this very odd being. I cannot say for sure what it was, but it 'told' me that it was a "cherub".

This is all that I can think of for right now.
Satsung
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Naryx » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:48 pm

I've thought of a better way to explain the spirits I have regular contact with.

A human/oid mind would percieve them largely depending upon their nature. For example, an extremely intelligent, science/technology oriented spirit might manifest itself as a dimensional disturbance composed of streaming numbers and computer code. On the other hand, a more primative, less intelligent sort might manifest itself as a nightmarish monstrosity.

Essentially, the lower, basal 'emotional' types tend to manifest themselves as beings possessed of greatly exaggerated mutagenic qualities in their DNA. (i.e. they mutate a lot). Whereas the more intelligent ones usually manifest themselves as more tranquil things. Seas of color or colors, Mobile masses of sound amplification and distortion, smoke or vapors, or things so alien to human/oids that the viewer only sees tiny bits and pieces of it at a time because thats frequently all the humanoid's mind can handle.

In any case, I hope that clears up what I was trying to say earlier in this topic.
The forges of manifestation are never quiescent. They are simply so far away from normal reality that you can't hear them.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

Postby hybridweb » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:09 am

How are you guys seeing these entities? Do you just see some of them during a normal day, or do you see most of them astral projection or some process similar to aura sensing?

Evan
hybridweb
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:55 am

How are you guys seeing these entities?

Depends on the individual(and their training) to a point, but generally, it's astral projection/magical senses.

Do you just see some of them during a normal day,

Some do. Others sense them, then "look". Others run across them while they are APing.

or do you see most of them astral projection or some process similar to aura sensing?

Since aura sensing can be done by a variety of methods, that in some cases have little to do with each other, I would have to say YES in certain cases and no in others. :) Doesn't help I know, but that's the situation.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby hybridweb » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:41 pm

Thanks Arthur! That does actually help. So, when you mean some people just sense them, and then "look", could sensing them include things like seeing dark figures in the corner of your eye, and then when you look where you thought you saw something, there's nothing there? Cause this kind of thing happens to me every once in a while, and it freaks me out a bit. It's weird, cause the figures are there for only a second, but they don't look like normal shadows, and they move. I guess one way I could check is to AP and look around, but I can't really do that yet (I got close one time - I had the vibes, but when they hit, I started thinking about how cool it would be to AP).

Thanks,
Evan
hybridweb
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:48 am

So, when you mean some people just sense them, and then "look", could sensing them include things like seeing dark figures in the corner of your eye, and then when you look where you thought you saw something, there's nothing there?

Well, when I refer to "look" I mean they look using their magical senses and/or AP. As far as the initial "sense" of something being there, that is greatly dependant on the individual, their training/experience, and the situation itself. What they do next is also individual, including how they handle it.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Next

Return to Open Magical Discussion