Login | Register

Request For Teaching

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Postby Kevin » Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:09 pm

I'm not into magic....yet. But I have always known of many gifts that I have. And I have Known that there is much more to learn than my teachers in school had to say or even know. Your site is interesting but I don't find a lot for info here. How do I become a student so I can get into the newbie section.

A person name Kevin. I NEED Knowledge :lol:
Kevin
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:59 pm

The lack of information on the public side of the site is on purpose. Magic can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing (and even if you do know what you are doing. :) ) What is posted gives a VERY general idea of the direction of this form of magic, but that's about it.

You may be able to become a student once we know more about you. For example, what is your interest in magic? What is your goals or what is it you expect to get out of it. What do you think this group can provide you? And of course, why do you think you "NEED Knowledge". :)

The "Omnimancer Cyber" group meets on Monday at 11 PM EST each week via IRC, so if that is an issue, you might wish to reconsider. And of course, because this is the internet, I have to ask your age. :(

You can of course answer any and all of this to my email address if you don't want it publically posted.

Thanks.

NOTE: I split your request from the other topic ("What got you into magic?") because it really didn't belong there and should have been it's own thing.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

HI

Postby Magrus » Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:20 pm

I saw your site, and was curious if you'd be willing to teach me how to blow sheep up. Would ya?
"Everything I need is not really what I want.
I really really want to see you die." Rot by Dry Kill Logic
Magrus
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Kevin » Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:59 pm

:roll: Greatings. My interst in magic as with all of the Questions your asked may be hard for me to discride. For it may be much like asking an athlete why he or she is interested in baseball. I've long been interested in magic but stopped my own uninformed dabblings for my own fears lack of my own knowledge and the feeling that I was really on to something. So I do understand you edited site. I guess I would say for now I have several simple goals. First to avoid Dark :evil: , Overly negative :x ,or evil :twisted: influances over my person. You do what you will my eyes are always open and I am always learning(I don't judge but as a human I do decide). Second to know the truth about about everything. Its hard for me to discride the need I have to Understand the world around me but you asked so I'm writting. I read that Omnimancy is a scientific aproach so surly you do understand this need(I don't need to watch "Friends" on T.V. or TRL I don't need the New Volkswagon Beetle, or the new Nikes, I need understand myself and there is a part of me I feel yet don't see on T.V. adds so I am looking and you(Omnimancy) is one of the first things I heard of).... is that an anwser :) ? You asked me "what I think the group can provide me" but I don't even know how you made the parking spots open at the mall for you, so what I think is a vague impression, but I do think you guys have good Ideas and seem responsible. And thought I've heard of magic before of course I have never of Omnimancy or a scientific aproach. But hey it sounds cool to me 8) .
A person named Kevin.

Notes: Thanks for moving my post I know it didn't belong there but I don't get you site.
And thanks for writting me. OH ya my age
Kevin
Visitor
Visitor

Postby MageMindy » Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:53 pm

Wow! Another person who types as badly as Arthur :D

First to avoid Dark, Overly negative,or evil influances over my person.

What do you feel is a dark/negative/evil influence? (i.e. What are you trying to avoid?)

Second to know the truth about about everything.

42. Had to say it :lol:
Seriously tho... there's so much to know and truth is such a subjective word. What kind of truth are you looking for?

OH ya my age

Um... so what is it?
And can you provide more background info on yourself?

Magrus-
I saw your site, and was curious if you'd be willing to teach me how to blow sheep up. Would ya?

*Thwacks Magrus repeatedly with a beater stick*

-m-
Get a Taste for Magic, Lick a Mage!
MageMindy
Research Student
Research Student

Postby WolfMan » Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:23 pm

*Thwacks Magrus repeatedly with a beater stick*

Mindy,

You are being two kind! :evil:

It should be with a 2 by 4 or better yet sic Orgre on him :twisted:
for he should know better with this group by now.

Or am I being optimistic about him? :?

Wolfman
WolfMan
Keeper of the Woohoo
Keeper of the Woohoo

Postby Magrus » Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:05 pm

Ok, people lacking a sense of humor? Or just in serious need of releasing some stress through a beating?
"Everything I need is not really what I want.
I really really want to see you die." Rot by Dry Kill Logic
Magrus
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:41 am

Ok, people lacking a sense of humor? Or just in serious need of releasing some stress through a beating?

Probably both. :roflmao:

Magrus, sometimes your humor crosses the line between being humorous and being insulting, and unfortunately for you, the line is different with each person. The type of humor you use sometimes is mostly reserved for someone you know, rather than a stranger, since someone you know knows your kidding.

As far as the beater stick goes, At Core, we all beat each other with "beater sticks". :whack: It's fun. :smack: They are the foam rubber "whacky noodles". :P

Personally, I KNOW my humor crosses the line between humorous and good taste. :crazy:

Now as for Kevin:

Well, what is your age? :lol:

I'm asking all these questions about you because I need to know about you before considering teaching you. Knowing what your goals are, what you expect from the group, and what you hope to be able to do after training is important. You said asking those questions is like asking an athelete why he does what he does. He does have an answer believe it or not. Otherwise, he probably isn't a very good athelete (ie. no dedication). Magic is a dangerous thing. It can also be a wonderful thing. Everyone is not ready for it. Magic isn't something you just learn. It becomes part of who you are to a point. This isn't some 6 week course with a little paper diploma at the end of it. :)

The two questions that I need answered are: Are you ready as a person (which has to do with all those questions above), and will you follow through (meaning are you going to seriously persue this, or is this just a fancy because you watched Charmed too much on TV?) Answering the above questions also tells me if this group is right for you or not. Different groups have different directions. It's not fair to you to spend time with us if the path you wish to take is significantly different from ours. I hope you understand now why all the questions.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Ogre » Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:16 am

Good taste? What is that? :twisted:

Magrus, for me, beatings are an art form, both fun and mere stress relief... Actually, considering how many ppl just like to watch, I suppose it could be called preformance art even. :)

-Ogre
Ogre
The Kinky Jesus
The Kinky Jesus

Postby MageMindy » Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:03 am

Hands Ogre the beater stick.
I'm more of a voyeur then an exibitionist.
Sits back to watch 8)

-m-
MageMindy
Research Student
Research Student

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:49 pm

Forget the Beater Sticks, Where are the SWORDS, AXES, and MACES? or how about burning oil :twisted:

:pint:

Postby Contrary » Thu Feb 27, 2003 1:56 pm

One word, Kevin: Baka.

And beatings are all in good fun, as long as they are all in good fun.
-Adam
Contrary
The Contrary One
The Contrary One

Postby Kevin » Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:42 pm

Yo
Good to see you all listening sooooooooooo carefully to all that i have 2 say i am 23 yrs old i know that you can know every thing but you dont think that you can so what would be the odds that you could with that attitude. i do wish to learn a lot more about the flow of energy..............R U going to ask me what energy next?..............My awnser......i dont know but i do think there is energy in the universe.../ multiverse...who really knows but not the kind of energy that GE uses. Dark...Evil...Overly Negitive.....Hmmmmmm. The Devil(fact or fiction)......People giving babies blood to evil dogs of hell.........There is NO info on your guys website.....Should i kill my family....guess what ...i wont. But i only wrote you guys cause it seems that you wouldnt ask me 2. YA YA i am a smart ass but only cause i like you

Moving Quickly...A Person Named Kevin
Kevin
Visitor
Visitor

Postby MageMindy » Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:57 pm

1) PUNCTUATION:!:
2)
i know that you can know every thing
you specifically asked for truth. i asked what kind of truth. if you're unhappy with my question, deal with it. noone made you answer. :rtfm:
3)
who really knows but not the kind of energy that GE uses
we know for the most part. and thank you captain obvious for the GE comment. :idea:
4)evil. we dont promote sacrafice. :madashell: we can be bastards. :twisted: just one of them things.
5)
YA YA i am a smart ass
i think that's a bit obvious.
but only cause i like you
funny that, i'm not liking you so much. but hey, that's just me.

sorry if this seems harsh, but you've annoyed me.
Holds thumb out sideways, pauses momentarily in thought, turns the thumb downwards.
:python:
-m-
MageMindy
Research Student
Research Student

Postby Kevin » Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:01 am

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(
Mage Mindy,
You make me so sad :cry: .But I see that I was right I do like you :wink: (Heart). Obvious I thought so to but so many new question, Just make me love you more... Don't I deal well :) . So does my new rank on Captain give me a G4 level or what(A smart ass but not an ass). You is meen. Truth is every thing one can not sacrific and animal to the devil if the devil is not real, they can only kill the animal, truth. But don't you worry Mage Mindy I'm not loosing heart, but I am gunning for you job now :roll: (House Empath..LOL :lol: ).
Kevin
Visitor
Visitor

Next

Return to Open Magical Discussion