Login | Register

Magical significance

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Magical significance

Postby tinny » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:56 pm

Just an open ended question for everyone:
How important is your practice of magic to you, and where do you see yourself going with it in the next 5 - 10 years? :)

How does this make a significant impact on your every day life, Omnimancer or not?
tinny
Visitor
Visitor

Postby FireEssence » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:55 pm

1. Well, it USED to be the most important thing in my life...

Used to be all that I cared about and all that I focused on. Let's just say that drove me just a tad crazy ;)

Since my breakdown of sorts, I've tried to balance thinsg out and keep my priority list fairly balanced, magical work is still a high priority for me but it's not overshadowing every aspect of my life to the point where I can't even handle day-to-day situations.

Within the next decade, I hope that my astral senses above everything will develop but also hope that I can get better skilled in more 'practical' abilities such as event manipulation. From there, hopefully I'll be able to learn more about the mechanics behind incarnation, how magic works, and perhaps figure out some more ways/methods to use magic in my everyday life. As I'm hardly an authority on anything magical at this point, I'm not all too sure what a 'proper' goal is for my magical development in the next several years is so I suppose the sky's the limit.

2. It makes a very significant impact on several levels.

For example, my less controlled and/or developed abilities which lie mainly in intuitive arenas are always helpful.

I also have to be a tad careful with discreetness in relationships. Not everybody is all that accepting of the whole magic-practitioner bit if they aren't one already. On the flip-side, it also keep sme in touch with magically active folks quite a bit due to common interests and more than likely the occasional common experience.

Magic pops into my life plenty in practice as well... Just recently I was using an event manipulation spell for easier commuting, among other spells, which altered my daily course of life by easing traffic that I came into contact with, helping me out with those red lights, helping me find new shortcuts, etc.

That a decent enough answer?
Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby Obsidian » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:04 am

This is something that I've had to think on a bit, actually.

Like FireEssence, I used to live on magic. But due to certain things happening, I was forced to take a step back and see how it was really affecting my life. I found that I wasn't really using it, compared to how much I thought about it. This would probably boil down to me not putting in the time to develop enough skill to effect me in day-to-day life, but hey...

So I stepped back. I tried to not think as heavily about it, and live more in the physical world. And it worked pretty well, really. I was happier, more lively, blah blah blah.

But getting back to the point of question:
When I first started learning, it was my life. Then, for a while, it wasn't so important to me. Mainly because I didn't have the capacity to further my abilities. At this point in my life, however, I do have the capacity and the drive to do so. Hence, it's becoming a big thing for me again.
I don't think I'll ever let myself get so caught up in it again, because it was really taking over my life. What I hope to do, however, is incorporate it into my day-to-day life.

Which leads me to the next few questions.
In the next 5 to 10 years, I'd like to have a solid foundation of skills that let me gain some control of my life. I'd like to (though I doubt I'll be able to) complement my (hopeful) day-to-day profession, my travels through the world, and be able to help my family/myself with illnesses/problems... *laughs* I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

Where I see myself taking this...is as good as unknown. I know where I'd like to take it, but given my track record, it doesn't seem likely it'll go there. And 5 years is a long time =)

I spose I've really answered all the questions, somewhere in there...
Magic (more accurately Psionics) used to be my life. Then it wasn't. Now, as magic, it's going to start complementing my life.
At this point in time, it doesn't do anything for me. Except perhaps make me feel a little special (that's so DBZer/fanboy, I know). Over time, it'll be more readily incorporated. Event Manipulation for jobs, housing, etc. Empathy/Telepathy for *thinks how to write it* like, knowing when people are messing with me/have nasty intentions...That sorta thing. Basically.

I've written enough :P Sorry for the sprawing nature of this, it really is all over the shop. So yeah... It doesn't do much at the moment, but it will soon!
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby Skadu » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:26 am

My study AND practice of magick is incredibly important to me. Without the knowledge and skill, developed over the last 22 years, I'd be dead. Seriously.

Magick has been my gateway to so many new things! My interest in it, led me to study different cultures, languages, religions, physics, alternative medicine and a host of other subjects, too numerous to list. Along the way, I've picked up skills that I now find ordinary; even as others are {Insert any extreme reaction here}. I've explored talents that may have otherwise lay dormant.

The concept of "Magick for Effect" isn't a question. It's just DO. We are all capable of some neat things that the average person will never be aware of. Until they just DO. EVERYONE does at least one "impossible" thing in their life. I try to get in quite a few per day!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Willworking has helped me to live my life in a manner that isn't... Banal.

Where's it going over the next 5 to 10 years? I don't know. I've always had the Gift of being able to see probable futures but I've reached a point where the Certainty of Uncertainty Certainly applies; and I'm OK with that for now.
The certainty of UNCERTAINTY certainly applies...
Skadu
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion