Login | Register

looking for info

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
looking for info

Postby billie1125 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:18 pm

i have looked at this site and read the posts and all but i'm curious as to are there any books that can explain more about omnimancy and what it is and everything? i was with a wiccan group in jersey a year ago and realized that i'm not as spiritual as the group was. i want to learn more about magic and how to control or perform it. how to work with energy, etc. does anyone know any books i can read to learn or see if thats what path i want to learn about or advice?

billie1125
billie1125
Visitor
Visitor

Postby FireEssence » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:27 pm

Well, from what I understand Omni has no publications out yet. From what I've gleaned in posts, it seems that the closest thing you'll have to a book or pamphlet is the Library of Questions answers-to-commonly-asked-questions forum that is currently in the works. Your best bet would probably be to post your questions about Omni here in the forums. (after making sure they have not already been asked on the forums)

As I am not currently an Omnimancer, be aware that I have no idea if Omni intends to say, publish a book, but from what I've read, heard, etc. it doesn't seem likely in my opinion. Also due to this, know that I do not speak for the 'mancers and anything I've said in this post is what I view in my opinion based off of what I have seen in my interactiosn here, read here, etc.

Hope I was able to help some and that an actual Omnimancer will reply soon and more accurately answer your question/s.
Last edited by FireEssence on Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby LordArt » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:47 pm

billie1125 wrote:i have looked at this site and read the posts and all but i'm curious as to are there any books that can explain more about omnimancy and what it is and everything?

Nope, nor do I think there ever will be one. The only way that would happen would be if a disgruntled ex-student decided to publish what he learned, like what has happened in many other secret traditions. But then it wouldn't be an official omnimancy book anyways. The best thing you can do is what FireEssence mentioned which was read the posts, read the overview I recently posted, and if you still don't have what you want answered, post a question like you did.

i was with a wiccan group in jersey a year ago and realized that i'm not as spiritual as the group was. i want to learn more about magic and how to control or perform it. how to work with energy, etc. does anyone know any books i can read to learn or see if thats what path i want to learn about or advice?

There are other "direct" magical systems, although it can be debated which are more scientific versus religious. Unfortunately, a path can be as much about the culture that surrounds it as the path itself. Meaning, in wicca's case, it's magic is religious but there is a certain culture around each TYPE of wicca that really says when one is more right than others. Certain forms of wicca are more secretive and more magically orientied than others (relatively). That is true in other traditions/orders that use magic too.
I am, by no means framiliar with EVERY possible path out there. I'm aware of the more popular ones, like anyone else. If you specifically want a non-ritual based system, there are a few. One can debate how "non-ritual" they are in certain flavors but that's the way it goes. The few I know of are things like Chi (and related), Reiki, (dare I say) Psionics ( :) ), radionics, and of course Omnimancy. There are probably many others, so people reading, feel free to add. As you look into any system or path, you should look at the culture of the people who are in said path, since in the end, that is who you will be associating with (after a fashion).

Hope that helped.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

looking for info

Postby billie1125 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:16 pm

thankx for the advice and info. :)

billie1125
billie1125
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion