Login | Register

An offer to Omnimancy team

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
An offer to Omnimancy team

Postby Magus » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:49 pm

I have been researching the magickal arts for the past 18 years. I accidentally (or was it?) found your website today, reviewed the information, and believe that our respective paths could merge for the greater good.

I await your response on this board.

-Magus
Magus

Postby LordArt » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:06 pm

Well, that depends on the definition of a lot of things. Including what your path is, versus what you think Omnimancy's path is(versus what, if any, differences between the perceived path versus the actual one), let alone what you mean by "merging" the two paths and what that would entail. Even what the definition of "greater good" means to both parties. :)

I'm always open to discussions. That is what this forum is about.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:30 pm

I have studied a variety of paths (e.g. Ceremonial Magick, Astrology, etc.) and the last few years have been focused on obtaining immediate, verifiable results.

Originally, I believed that I could not rush the outcome that I desired. Over time, I realize that was simply not true. The need for ceremonial instruments, verbose rituals, and other devices was nothing more than a crutch for a weak mind.

Any scientist must publish their results for peer review. I am at the stage in my development where I need to work with an appropriate group who can review my work and determine its validity. I also hope that the group will have experience and knowledge to offer me in return.

I will share my experiences and knowledge openly with the group provided that Omnimancy will reciprocate.

Since I am located near your group, I would be willing to meet in person at a mutually agreeable date, time, and location.

Thank you for your attention.

-Magus

Postby LordArt » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:24 pm

Well, the offer is intreiging certainly. I don't have a problem meeting with you, and I doubt anyone else would either. We love talking shop, so that wouldn't be an issue. :)

We meet on Thursday nights these days at my house, but if you wish to meet at some neutral location that's fine too.

As far as sharing knowledge and expereince, we are open to as much we think the other person can handle and is appropriate. Some of our stuff is pretty out there, even to an established magician (at least story wise, let alone things that the core members play with). I'm sure as we get to know each other, things will flow better. It simply might take a while for you to understand what we do and vice versa. It's all a matter of what overlapps and what doesn't.

I think the concept of "merging" the two systems is rather premature. Neither one of us really knows what the other has, or even has to offer.

But discussions have to start somewhere. If you want to meet up, it's possible to have dinner on some weekend, or if you wish to come to one of our meetings, I'm sure that would be fine, too. Why don't you email me off-list and we can coordinate from there.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Return to Open Magical Discussion