Login | Register

Magically Active Folks - When and Why?

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Magically Active Folks - When and Why?

Postby FireEssence » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:25 pm

Well, as I was mowing the lawn today I thought this might a) be a fun topic to generate some interesting discussion and b) let me see some interesting viewpoints. So, let me cut to the chase.

We are all aware there are some people (I'm referring to lowers if you want to get specific) who aren't magically active and may never have any motivation to be magically active. Then there are those fun bunches of people myself and several of you probably included who were talking to entities, manipulating energy, and doing generally magical things since they were five. What is the factor that determines who and when a lower becomes magically active in any given life at all? My thoughts on the matter went heavily to astral parents, highers, and most of all astral age.

I theorized that perhaps the beings that created us for some purpose, stayed active in our astral-physical lives enough to ensure that if say we were made to be heavily astrally helpful to them that they would make sure that we were making shields and talking to tree-spirits at a young age if/when we went incarnate to keep up the astral usefulness during a physical life. That way the lower would not only be maturing via incarnate life it would still be maturing magically which would allow it to carry out it's purpose via both inner and lower as well as if I understand correctly, increasing it's all around skill once physical death and reassimilation occurs.

My second scenario had to do with, of course, highers. Whenever they're spoken of, the general consensus seems to be that their primary concern (generally, not always) is to keep a lower out of astral affairs. Thus it would make sense that either a higher who wants to rebel against the system or see's some need for the lower to become magically active to do just the opposite and push the lower and inner into astral affairs thus resulting in making a lower magically active. Or with the 'following the rules' higher you get someone who while incarnate as a lower, never even believes in magical things.

My third scenario involved both astral age and how one's system was put together. A being that's been around what would be considered physically a couple hundred years would very obviously be less equipped than a being created by the same being/s with the same purpose, many years before. Thus if/when incarnate, the inner would very much like to keep the lower out of trouble thus keep it oblivious to magical things because it wouldn't want it accidentally pissing off some being they couldn't deal with. And a being older would probably have had more time to get around to fixing up there system with tech goodies and/or amps thus may not even be able to effectively keep the lower from 'accidentally' reading someones thoughts based on astral setup.

Any thoughts?

P.S. I'm sure even if any of these scenarios are in fact possibilities, there could be many more so feel free to share your ideas on other scenarios that could have something to do with it.
Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby Naryx » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:33 pm

The question you ask is a mystery that is kept from the lowers on purpose by others. But I will tell you this much. If you are still inhabiting a physical body on a regular basis, that is to say, several times every few hundred years, you probably aren't ready to know. You are asking the magical equivilent of the Unified field equation.
The forges of manifestation are never quiescent. They are simply so far away from normal reality that you can't hear them.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

Postby StormSeeker » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:07 pm

I think asking that question is like sitting in a psionics channel and asking: how did you get into this?

You're going to get different answers for different people; and they are all valid...and all depend on the people involved, and circumstances, and cause & effect.

In other words, I feel there's more than one reason for why people don't get into magic, as much as why people DO get into magic. And those will vary. As far as your own theories go, I don't particularly feel like going into that level of detail at this point in time. Maybe someone else will :)

Ohh, and Naryx? Asking questions is how people learn. Incase you hadn't realized that.
StormSeeker
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Azazen » Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:58 pm

I've been thinking about that question lately. The two answers that seemed most likely are A: Since I've heard that some highers don't check in on thier lowers and some only do once in a while that a wandering entity decided to 'play' with me one day trying to freak me out or something, and B: that my higher did it for the reasons you have in your second paragraph.

I hadn't heard that some highers go out of thier way to keep lowers from becoming involved with anything metaphysical but it seems about right, besides that from the other posts in this thread I think I might have been off a bit. Either way it's an interesting topic *shrugs*.
Azazen
Research Student
Research Student

Ooh a thought

Postby Nimue » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:56 am

I don't know very much about what y'all think of highers and lowers, but perhaps it's the overall age of the higher might also affect it.
Perhaps a younger higher would be less adept at keeping the lower/inner from being magically active, and so maybe people who are magically active merely have a "younger" higher.
-Nimue
Nimue
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Obsidian » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:52 am

Maybe it's no-one's fault, that our lower just got the cue from something they watched, or someone they met, and begun learning it?

A higher doesn't have to be to blame, for pushing you in, or holding you back. Nor your inner. It could simply be a case that they were indifferent to your participation and hence didn't bother to get you involved. You could find out, like I did, through a TV show, or a book, or a friend.

As Storm said, it's case of "Why did you get into this?". It'd be different for us all. You were talking to tree-spirits, entities and manipulating energy. I was stuffing my face with food. But we're both here now :) It could be any number of things that get us involved.

Although I may just look into what went on, around the time I first started trying things, when I first learnt of it. See if nothing weren't guiding my hand.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby FireEssence » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:21 pm

I don't think some people are getting what I meant. My question was about people with active abilities, not learned abilities or abilities that they activated via practice. It's about why some people show active magical ability without having to become interested in magic first and others don't.
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby LordArt » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:42 pm

I think that it's not that simplistic of a question. I think the reasons are as individual as the individuals themselves. In my experience, Highers don't really do the choosing. They are there only to help get what was choosen by the inner accomplished (at. best. They are there for other things, but that's not relavant for this topic). The inner chooses what "major events" happen in a lifetime before they become incarnated. Therefore, I should think there are three possibilities for your question:

1 - The development of abilities at an early age will exclude them socially and therefore steer the individual to where the inner wants for their learning setups.
2 - Conversely, the development of abilities at an early age will include them socially in the proper crowd to help the inner to setup thier learning events.
3 - The early development will not have an effect either way toward the major events, so the inner sees no harm in having it available, or wants it available for other reasons.

In the end, it could simply be a combination of all three to varying degrees. Some inners are more magically incluned than others. That's a factor of personality, and the environments that they are in to become more magically inclined(like hangs with like). Some see it as completely unimportant for what they want for themselves. Others see it as a life's (or multilife) mission. The majority is the former it seems. Also one should remember that just because someone is magically active this lifetime, doesn't mean they were last time or will be next time.
Well, that's my 2 cents on the the topic.

(I should note that I didn't get into magic til I was 20. However since then I have talked with many "natural mages" as well as my own experiences how different things seem to work. But in the end, my sampling is limited since even if I talked to a thousand people on the subject, that's a very small fraction of the 6+billion on the planet alive now. People have theories til they are disproven, and might even consider their theories fact because it keeps proving true, however, it could simply be the sample that they are working with is true with only. So take what is said with that in mind.)
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby FireEssence » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:15 pm

Don't worry, I wasn't really intending to answer or have this question answered so much as start some conversation to get some sharing of opinions on the topic. Thank you for your reply :)
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Satsung

Postby Satsung » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:58 pm

I would like to start off by saying that LordArt is, of course, the most complete final word (given the obvious) and I do not conflict with him in any way. So, any interpretation that would lead one to believe so is simply incorrect. I also ask that noone be offended in any way with the information presented.

As a possibility to consider:

A being evolves and de-evolves throughout the many different incarnations they may take. Every being has a body for every plane. All these bodies are connected via quantum signiture and/or various other connectors. The birthing process wipes out the immediate level of memory and shoves all past experience and knowledge deep into the subconcious.

However, the development of the different "bodies" is not necesarily lost during the birthing process. The lower bodies like the physical and etheric undergo quite a bit of change. However, the astral does not change as much and the mental hardly chages at all and so on.

Therefore, the potential and skills that are displayed in certain people much more easily due to developing these in the past.... most likely a more recent incarnation.

The reason for not remembering what these skills are or where they come from could be just about anything. The reason for not labeling these skills or these more developed and exercised capabilities of more subtle bodies would also have quite a range of possible reasons.

Again... this is merely for considering is not meant to offend anyone who chooses not to believe in reincarnation.
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.

- Joseph Campbell
Satsung
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion