Login | Register

Attn: LordArt

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Attn: LordArt

Postby Naryx » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:28 am

You say you won't put into public access your information concerning Omnimancy. Thats fine. It makes sense. You imply throughout your discussions of Omnimancy and its 'tech' that the user will develope some rather amazing abilities. This is fine and good. It is to be expected that the practicioner of a mystic art will develope special abilities. If they don't they aren't doing something right. However I've heard all this from other people at other times and I have discovered that most of them either immediately or gradually get bogged down in ego concerns and/or material concerns. I looked through the limited information I was able to look at from a non-student account, and I didn't particularly see anything worthy of anything but my contempt. What I am able to see without being a student doesn't impress or move me.

What I want to know is why I shouldn't treat you and your school of thought with anything but contempt and disgust? I also want to know why I should give you even a modicum of respect? I also want to know what experience or training gives you any right to teach anyone anything? Do you have some kind of certificate or degree? Any kind of recognizible qualities that set you apart from the general mass of disgustingly materialistic peons?

And no, LordArt, saying 'because its my forum and if you don't I'll kick your ass right off it' is not a valid answer.

I urge you to answer this as a question, instead of taking it as an insult.

You will note that I didn't say at any time that I was -allready- holding you in contempt. I merely said that given the present information I don't see much reason not to.

I will be waiting for your answer.
The forges of manifestation are never quiescent. They are simply so far away from normal reality that you can't hear them.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Obsidian » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:51 am

I'm no member of Omnimancy. I don't know much about their teachings, nor much on Art's reasons for not releasing it to the public.

But what gives you the right to question Art like that? You come to these forums, post slanderous, confrontational, and down-right offensive posts, and then ask what qualifications he has?
Anyone is qualified to teach. And someone with 10+ years of experience, is most definately able to pass on what they've learnt.
It's your problem if you find nothing worth anything but contempt and disgust, on these forums and the Omnimancy web-site. And no-one is asking you to view it with anything but... That's your choice to make, and it's limiting you by doing so.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby KayVee » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:01 am

As Omni's resident semi-hiatus Kabbalah-bunny, I'm amazed and and amused that you dscribed 'ego concerns' in the way you did in that particular post. :lol: I'll let Art head the rest.

Image Image

KayVee
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Rene » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:45 pm

"I'm going to insult you, but please answer as if I have asked a thoughtful and provocative question."

Now, I'm no genius, but it seem like you might want to work on some basic social skills before devoting time to anything as esoteric as magic. If you can't be bothered to show some basic human decency when asking for information, on average you aren't going to get any sort of impressive response.

I suspect what we're going to see here is a bate-and-switch. User taunts and insults, and if Art ingores the post or sounds vaguely annoyed, or any of his students do, we've failed the test Naryx was running and obviously don't have the wisdom to teach magic if we're so easily angered.

Welcome to the real world, Naryx...if this approach to introduction works well for you, let me know. Personally, I can't imagine using it anywhere other than the percieved safety and anonymity of the internet with people you don't really want to know or hear from anyway. But if it works for you, by all means, please use it the next time you meet someone at a bar, or get pulled over by a cop, or apply for a job. People should be able to take a little kidding, right?
Rene
Dimensional Anomaly
Dimensional Anomaly

Postby Naryx » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:15 pm

I see you have a brain, clever clogs. You've given me enough information to make my judgements about you now. I reserve judgement on the rest of the board and the school of thought till LordArt has actually said something in this topic.

To answer your question, Obsidian, I have devoted every waking moment of my time for the last 12 years of my life developing my arts. I have earned the right to make judgements, and by the gods I'm going to make judgements. If you can't handle the fact that I have earned certain entitlements, don't talk to me. My standpoint isn't going to change any time soon. Your inability to read my aura from the words I posted on the screen disgusts me. You are ignorant garbage. I feel no remorse for saying that now, nor will I ever. BUT, Obsidian, you -can- prove me wrong.

So prove me wrong, Obsidian.

As for you, KayVee, Qabbalah is inherently limited by the concepts from which it was built and the religious connotations of those concepts. Therefore it is a finite thing and irrelevant to the grand scheme. As are you. I am finished discussing this with you. You, unlike Obsidian, do not get a chance to prove me wrong. One strike, your out.
The forges of manifestation are never quiescent. They are simply so far away from normal reality that you can't hear them.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

Postby KayVee » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:19 pm

*dies laughing* :P

Image Image

KayVee
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Naryx » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:26 pm

I allready don't like you, kayvee. Don't push things further towards the negative by antagonizing me. This is a forum ment for discussion. Not flaming each other.

I can tell someone is going to say 'he says that yet he turns around and flames'.

Giving your opinion is not flaming. Telling someone their a shitfucking bastard and you hate their guts, is flaming.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

Postby KayVee » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:34 pm

This is our forum. :D

Image Image

KayVee
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Rene » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:37 pm

I might observe that all he did was laugh at your response, when you noted that due to a sentence-long forum contribution, you decided he is not worthy of discussion nor of you attention. Due to the fact that, once upon a time, he worked with Qabbalah. As far as I can tell.

I'm not really sure how his incredulous reaction to your quick summary of his character is a "flame".
Rene
Dimensional Anomaly
Dimensional Anomaly

Postby Naryx » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:46 pm

I hate and abhore the judeo-christian religions and everything they are assosciated with. Their moral stance is poison. It weakens the mind and atrophies the soul. How can you expect me to have anything but hatred and disgust towards someone who uses the jewish mystical rites known as Qabbalah?

The slaves are meant to be ruled, and the rulers are meant to rule, by virtue of the rulers ability to set themselves up as rulers in the first place. Whether they got to be rulers by fair means or foul is irrelevant.

This, admitantly amoral, view, is diametrically opposed to the 'love your neighbor' and 'turn the other cheek' of judeo-christian thought.

I could go on and dissect the rest of the religion and its flaws but I'm not going to, as its not really part of the topic.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

Postby KayVee » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:01 pm

Proving you don't even know what Kabbalah is! 8)

Image Image

KayVee
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Naryx » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:11 pm

Whether you agree with my definition or not is irrelevant. No, I don't know how the jews who invented it viewed it, because I don't care to know. I don't want to poison my mind with their headfuck. I know how -I- view it based on what I've read. You don't seem to understand that all this is only pushing you further away from me. Although because I've allready judged you and found you to be a WANTING LITTLE SHIT, there really isn't that much you can do about it. My opinion in you and on qabbalah in general is not going to change, KayVee. You've gone and fucked that over allready. You fucked over any hope of peaceful relations between us when you started using that jewish poison of yours.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

Postby KayVee » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:16 pm

a) Perhaps in time wisdom will actually allow you to learn how godless the universe really is. :p
b) Now you're being racist. :)

Image Image

KayVee
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Naryx » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:24 pm

My views are such as they are precisely BECAUSE I know how Godless and terrible the universe is. The universe is radically absurd, blind, and terrible. There is no reason for us to be anything but what we truely are. Amoral creatures of warfare and strife.

And yes, I was being racist. I'm not going to be guilted into not feeling a belief on a subject by being called names.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

Postby KayVee » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:27 pm

So why are you racist if you're godless? :? Too much Lovecraft is a bad idea y'know.

Image Image

KayVee
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Next

Return to Open Magical Discussion