Login | Register

Energy Work?

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Energy Work?

Postby Silver_Wolfsong » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:22 am

Hello Everyone, I was just curious as to if anyone knew of a decent site for Energy Work? :? It keeps being brought up in discussions relating to Omnimancy, so I figured I would look into it a bit more.

Thanks All
Eternal
Silver_Wolfsong
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Kaylara » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:16 am

What kind of energy work are you wanting to learn more about? IE, What are you wanting to do?
~Kaylara~
Kaylara
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Silver_Wolfsong » Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:39 am

Well, any kind or all kinds would be nice to know more about. but direct energy work would be interesting too. along with any other info you could offer.

thanks bunches :D
Eternal
Silver_Wolfsong
Visitor
Visitor

Postby StormSeeker » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:23 am

Now there's a vague question :P

The term "energy work" usually is just a collective term that applies to metaphysical arts which involve the manipulation of or direction of energies. Basically, work that involves using energy. There are various specific forms of it, examples include but are not limited to: psychism/psionics, reiki, qigong, and magic (ritual and non ritual), even acupuncture; and of course, Omnimancy.

As far as "direct" energy work goes (I'm going to assume you mean non-ritual), you could try various psionics sites.

www.psipog.net
www.psc-online.net
www.psipalatium.com

http://www.astralpulse.com/articles/articles.htm has some interesting articles on it too. You kinda have to wade through the more 'spiritual' stuff, but there is some decent techniques in there.

Between those four, they too have a multitude of links to other sites for similar energy working.

If healing interests you, something along the lines of Reiki, Psychic healing, or even Quantum Touch might be up your alley. If you want more on those, I'm pretty sure you can find decent sites via google.com

If internal arts interest you, perhaps Qigong, or Tai Chi would be more to your tastes. Again, google would find you stuff on those.

Haven't found any non ritual magic sites that I'd personally recommend as of yet. I know of a couple, Omnimancy aside...but they're not places I would send people to.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it..s'all that comes to this tired li'l mind for now. And if all else fails you, try just running a google or msn search for "energy work" or "direct magic" or such.
StormSeeker
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Silver_Wolfsong » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:47 pm

Thanks a ton stormseeker, i'll check those out. Sorry about the extreme generalization, I was just curious as to all the different types of energy work. My knowledge in engry work is minor, and I was looking for someone to help me expand it. And you have set me on that path. :D

thanks again

Silver Wolfsong
Eternal
Silver_Wolfsong
Visitor
Visitor

Postby StormSeeker » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:50 pm

No prob. Kaylara or someone else might be able to help you out further, that was just the things that jumped to mind when I wrote the post. Well, aside from the astralpulse link - had to go hunting for that.

I remembered a lot of folks seem to favor his N.E.W system of energy work (which to me, is just basic psi/energy stuff), so I figured that it couldn't hurt to drop a link to it as well :)
StormSeeker
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Silver_Wolfsong » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:57 am

Anyone else out there (Kaylara possibly) have some other types for me to research? Just curious, im still looking into all the others StormSeeker gave me, but it can't hurt to much :D to hear a few more.

Thanks All
Silver Wolfsong
Eternal
Silver_Wolfsong
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Kaylara » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:47 pm

Well, see the problem I've had is finding reliable information on energywork online. I'm coming from a more ritualistic background mind you. But most groups with any kind of conscious will only discuss things publically and online up to a certain point. I think it's pretty much an unspoken (or hey, even a spoken) consensus that much energy work should really be addressed in an one on one, or small group situation. Different groups have different practices, and mostly people don't openly even mention that they do energy work. (It seems to draw the crazy people to you at times) Also, there is that fear that you're not going to be believed, because let's be honest, this stuff at times can be pretty freaking weird and unbelieveable unless you were the one going through it.

A lot of information has been published, at least in pieces though. You just have to glean the information from the text you're reading. Ceremonial Magick, Gardnerian Wicca, Buddhism, Taoism, etc, etc, etc, all have energywork involved, but they may not directly call it such. To be honest, I know mostly what I do know, through my own practices and experience with it, and also that of people who I work with/am close with. I know that there are other energy workers out there, and I'm sure that they don't work the same way, because really, I've noticed many different types. I don't know how experienced you are, or how long you've been doing this, or what level of information you would be looking for honestly. Do you have any specifics that you're looking for info on? I would be happy to answer any questions that I can, and if I can't, then I hope to be able to find you someone who can. ;-)
~Kaylara~
Kaylara
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Winter » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:14 am

I think there is enough to start whit, just go whit it, practice and figure things out, who knows what the future brings, you will meet new people, who tell you new things to get you allong, so I think the most important thing is to start to practice, and keep going. Atleast this is the path that Ive set out for me. :)
Winter
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion