Login | Register

I has a question

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
I has a question

Postby Rosemary » Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:36 pm

Omnimancy is, as far as I can tell, a application of energy adaptable to any religion. so I want to know if Arthur had a religion before he developed omnimancy and what did he develop it from. Things as brilliant as this wont often appear on their own with nothing before it.
Rosemary
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:48 pm

Do I have a religion? No, I don't. Actually, personally, I'm rather areligious, and see no need for it in my life. I do respect another's right to have religeon however, but it's just not my thing. That's been true for me all my life.

As far as developing omnimancy, it was not developed from any religeon at all, but observation. I knew some people who were pagan, and two other people who were mages. The pagan methods weren't to my interest. I just couldn't get behind the practice of ritual, it just seemed obvious to me that there had to be more to it than what was on the surface, and I was more interested in that. The mages however, neither was very interested in teaching me at the time (or at least much). One was into enochian and hermetics (who we'll call H1 for clarity), the other I couldn't classify(we'll call H2), and honestly is closer to omnimancy than the former. (Why H1 and H2, because they both had simular names starting with H) Both used direct energy manipulation as the base of their work. All H1 could teach me was basic energy movement (which honestly was just a visualization and that's as far as it was able to go with him). However, that was enough to spark my creativity with it. Certainly things just "came to me" after that, and others I dreamed about. H1 was annoyed that my dreams were revealing "advanced" techniques, that took him a long time to figuire out/come across on his own. Later I found out where the dreams were coming from, which was my "inner", meaning the part of me that remembered previous lives, so effectively, I was remembering. H2 ended up being my translator, much to his dismay. I would come up with runes and concepts, and ask him what they meant, and he didn't want to answer. He wanted to help, but didn't want to teach me. He didn't like the idea of other mages of his type (too much competition). I would ask him so many questions based on the information from my dreams that he even asked my wife(well, to be wife at THAT time) to get me to stop thinking (this was 11 years ago). With enough persistance and pestering I would get some information. He didn't want to lie to me, but didn't want to help me advance either. In retrospect, he probably didn't think I was ready for what I was getting, and he was probably right,
not that I would have accepted that answer at the time. I took these ideas and methods and started to go to my pagan freind's rituals and see what I could see. Trying to pathom what was going on behind the scenes now armed with my new tools, which was also interesting and revealing. And so it continued from there. Between everything, I had enough to move forward on my own.

When I finally took on students (who were already freinds of mine at the time), people would come up with their own ideas, and add them into the mix, and we all benifited. Omnimancy has grown larger and larger with more diverse minds ever since, each adding to the pot. Obviously, the stuff that is added must work or it isn't worth bringing up. Now it's an easy thing to check results, and verify work to make sure that ideas are valid, and to move forward with them.

I certainly won't say that certain entities/deities haven't helped along the line with information(and in certain students cases direct intervention) but by no means are the interactions religious based. I am a person that KNOWS different entities/dieties exist but don't worship or pay hommage to any of them. Some I like better than others, like I like certain people better than others.

Omnimancy isn't based on any religious views because it wasn't created from them. So there isn't much in omnimancy that goes against religious tendants to cause a problem. Hence why it can be used under almost any religous context. People in omnimancy who are religious do end up changing their views or rather how they handle their religion simply because they know more, so don't see it through the same eyes as they did coming into Omnimancy, but that is to be expected. Some have found a far closer relationship with their diety(s) in question, others haven't been able to resolve conflicting viewpoints and have stopped (depending on the religeon and individual).

I hope that answers your question.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Rosemary » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:38 am

Yep
Thanks
I just like to know the background information for stuff
I might ask a few more really dumb questions before deciding wether to but my name down on the list
speeking of the list, it has been there since november 2003, and all the people listed are still marked as guests
When do you think you will be able to accept new people to cyber
and why have none of those people been accepted
*if you dont mind me asking*
Rosemary
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:18 am

I just like to know the background information for stuff

That's always a good thing. Asking questions is generally always a good thing. Out of curiosity, why did you think Omnimancy came from a religeon?

When do you think you will be able to accept new people to cyber and why have none of those people been accepted

People HAVE been accepted since November 2003. The ones that didn't get in remain on the list. Right now another series of interviews is going on for the next "wave" of open slots. I'm not sure if it's too late to apply for this wave or not, you'd have to ask Psyfactor. However, I will admit that not as many new students have been accepted over the past year that I would have liked. That is partly because Real Life issues among some of the teachers has made having more students impractical from a logistics end of things, and the current wave of students have not progressed as fast as previous waves to help out with the teaching.

In either case, your free to ask more questions of course.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Return to Open Magical Discussion