Login | Register

what's going on in here?

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
what's going on in here?

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:30 am

What's going on with the applications, are you taking new students? I've noticed that most of the post are from 2003, the forum has been kind of dead, hasnt it?

Postby LordArt » Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:44 pm

Cyber IS taking new students, however not many(Core will be ready in a month or so, but that doesn't help if your not local). The big problem is getting enough teachers available reliably for teaching night (a lot of "real life" issues like moving and things are getting in the way right now). Once that issue is resolved, Psyfactor will start conducting interviews for the next set of people to come in (simply because there are more applicants than we will have open slots). It's unfortunate it's taking longer than I would have liked to accept new students.

As far as the posts being from 2003, well, that thread really has never been cleared out. I suppose I should archive the ones that DID get in the last time, and leave the rest there. I will see what the concensus is on that one.

A far as the forums being "dead", depends on what you are expecting. The private forums aren't "dead", but if you are use to 30+ posts in a day, that was never what the forums were supposed to be about. They are there to ask questions, have them answered, have good discussions, etc. (and the occational silly discussions of course ;) ). But it was never meant to be like a lot of these other forum only sites that have a great deal of banter, with little serious talk. People who have asked questions, have had their questions answered either in forums or in Private messaging (if possible). There is a decent amount of activity in the private forums, but obviously that isn't accessable.

I hope that addresses the issues you brought up.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Random Question » Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:57 pm

How many slots are there this time?
Random Question

Postby LordArt » Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:55 pm

How many slots are there this time?

Hasn't been decided yet. If it had, we would be accepting students now. :) I would think at least 2, but there might be a possibility for more. I was hoping for a larger amount of openings, but cercomstances limited it. However, I would expect more to open MUCH sooner than did this time. But only time will tell.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby FireEssence » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:17 pm

Ok, I was assuming two or three due to how many have been accepted in the past but I guess until you're accepting I'll just be left to my own guesses :P
Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby Azazen » Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:44 am

Wouldn't it be a good idea to delete the posts that are dated more than a few months back. I'm assuming you're not going to take any posts made in 2003 into consideration, and since I check in every month or so to see when you would be taking new students I was wondering if I needed to re-post an application.
Azazen
Research Student
Research Student

Return to Open Magical Discussion