Login | Register

What is your most memorable magical experience?

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
What is your most memorable magical experience?

Postby FireEssence » Wed May 12, 2004 3:47 pm

These forums are generally devoid of discussion so I decided to try and stir some up. So, what do you consider your most memorable magical experience (That you feel comfortable sharing)? This can be anything from a premonition to a summoning so please, share your experiences as you see fit.

I suppose mine would have to be the healing of a cluster of molluscum contagiosom (sp?) which I had been advised by a doctor would have to be frozen off. I ended up asking a deity I was on okay terms with (Freya) for help in stopping them from scarring when they were removed and then basically focused on them being gone and the area unscarred and mixed in a little bit of energywork along with the intense focus. I did this on a beach and when I was done I threw a shell for each of the planar wart-like growths into the ocean. The next day for several days they all started popping and healing over fine and I've not had any more of them. Highly ritualistic and the shell part may seem mildly fluffy but seeing as how this was one of my first workings and it succeeded I view this as my most memorable working.

-Sam
Last edited by FireEssence on Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby Inanis » Sun May 30, 2004 7:38 pm

These forums seem very much abandoned for the most part. None the less, I'll respond.

The most memorable experience I've had within the context of magic was a battle between myself and another equally skilled magician, which took place over about 2 weeks, and reached its climax on about the tenth night. There was a powerful storm above my house, all power had been destroyed, and I was sitting outside fending off forming tornadoes and lightning strikes. Luckily, all lightning strikes I managed to keep at least 100 yards from my house, and the forming vortexes I managed to disperse without allowing them to become tornadoes. After about two hours, I had managed to dissipate parts of the storm in such a way that a perfect circle of clear sky had developed over my house. Once I was relatively safe, I grabbed my talismanic sword(which I inherited from my great grandfather, whom was a magician), drew it from its sheath, and sent a slash across the sky with all the intent I could still muster. In 10 minutes the entire storm had split in half, making a clear trail so that when the storm got moving again, I would remain in a clear zone.

A second memorable experience happened with a friend of mine(also a magician). After a long night of study and practice, we went walking into the pine barrows by his house, which are quite filled with energies of all types, be they friendly or not. The moon was out, and we walked down a dirt trail that divides the barrows, and never has any traffic. I noted that this would be a good place for a simple summoning, and knelt down to etch a Symbol designed to call upon natural spirits. When I had finished, I closed my eyes and sharpened my senses, so I could better guage the arrival of the spirits. When I felt one touch me on my arm, I opened my eyes and looked up to the sky. There, in the clouds above me, and illuminated by the moonlight, was the exact symbol I had carved into the Earth with my dagger, given form by the clouds. There my friend and I sat for well over an hour, in silent conversation with the spirits of the barrows. When we were ready to leave, I closed the powers of the symbol, and merged its shape with the surrounding sand. When I had finished the sealing of the energies, the clouds above our heads dispersed, and the symbol in the sky was no more.
Cogito, ergo sum.
Inanis
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Spindel » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:18 am

Okay... Mine not be as big and amazing as Inanis but I think it's special.

This is really only the most memorable due to the fact that it was the most recent and probably the one with themost effect.

Being Winter here in Australia it was raining like the devil and I loathe the rain... To moist for my liking, anyway, I cast a protection spell so I wouldn't get wet and set out to the bus stop to school.

It had stopped raining which I thought was just the wind as most of my spells don't usually work. A drop of water hit my head from the bus stop and as I looked up I almost feinted, the clouds in the sky were basically moving around the area surrounding me, there was a yonic type shape where the clouds had moved from and I was extatic, it basically renewed my once waning belief in spells.

And thats my two cents.
I took my fury into the heavens and it burned with the fury of a star, that star burns acid green... For you.
Spindel
Visitor
Visitor

9/11 heartache

Postby Kimberly Michele » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:43 pm

I have not told anyone this, not even my closest of friends. Everyone knows what 9/11 means. On that day no one will forget I woke up with a heavy hurting feeling in my chest. It was almost hard to breathe. In a daze I made it to my livingroom . . . Then I turned the television on to see the towers tumbling down. I now know why I had that "Pain." I cannot forget that feeling . . . can anyone explain why I felt this all the way on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and why I can't stop thinking about it?

Just curious[/b]
Kimberly Michele
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Fire Essence » Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:09 pm

Could have been all manner of things ranging from empathy to 'post-cognition', clairvoyance of sorts, etc depending on what label you want to put on it. Or it could have been purely coincidental.
Just my two cents.
Fire Essence

An Astral Peeping-Tom

Postby MageMindy » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:09 am

I had an interesting magical experience recently that I thought I'd share.

I care for a 7-year-old autistic girl twice a week. One place I take her to have fun is an indoor jungle-gym- the kind with a ball-pit.

The last time I took her there we had an interesting experience, and I do mean "we." She talks but not much so I watch her expressions a lot. At one point during our time there, she walked past me. As she was walking past, she paused, looked at a spot over my shoulder, and gave a look of annoyance. She then continued on her way back into the ball-pit.

I immediately looked behind me and saw nothing. So I looked astrally. There was indeed someone standing there watching her. In exactly the spot she had seemed to look at.

So being the good omnimancer that I am I blew it up... wait, no, that's not right... I talked to it. :D Well, first I flared up in it's direction to a moderately-impressive amount, got his attention, and then went back to normal. Then I said hello and explained that I was this child's guardian and that I wanted to know why he was watching her.

The entity:
He appeared as a skeezy looking guy. Long trench coat of the stalker variety. And he did the beavis and butthead grunting-laugh as he watched her. Icky.

I checked along recent time and found he hadn't been following her, but routinely stood there watching the little children play. He was an astral peeping-tom.

In my conversation with him I came to realize that where he was from it was quite normal to watch children and get off on it. I explained to him that it was rather unwelcome here and that had he been corporeal at the moment, it would have in fact been illegal.

I checked around the multi-verse to see if I could find a place where this was acceptable behavior. I found only one place reasonably close and as it turns out, he's from there. So I asked him to return home. And stay there. For a long time. And should he venture out again, I instructed him to ask the locals for current local laws/ethics before partaking in this past-time.

I actually quickly constructed a sort of shackle that I could force on him to keep him on his home planet should it become necessary. I wasn't about to let him freak out other kids too.

But he said he'd be happy to head home and that he would in fact ask first next time. He didn't, however, have any way of getting home. So I offered him a ride . :wink: I transported him home in an instant and he has remained there since. No shackle necesssary. He honestly hadn't been aware of local customs when he got here and noone had previously noticed him so strongly as to begin talking with him.

Just goes to show, sometimes you just need a little background info to solve the problem.

-m-
Get a Taste for Magic, Lick a Mage!
MageMindy
Research Student
Research Student

Postby FireEssence » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:48 pm

And that pedophiles come in all forms =_= Quite nifty though (The 'story'/experience)
Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby MageMindy » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:15 am

FireEssence- why not register on the site? You post often enough:)
And yes- There are dirty old men in any race ;)
-m-
MageMindy
Research Student
Research Student

Postby LordArt » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:22 am

Umm, Mindy, I know John is overworking you, BUTTTT, FireEssence IS already registered. Hence why it's keeping track of his posts. Visitor is his rank because of what Adam did back in the day to rename all the ranks. Guest is the designation for when they aren't registered.

You may now remove the whiteout off your screen Mindy. :lol:
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby MageMindy » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:50 pm

ooooh! I thought guest was like visitor. I'm so confused ;)
-m-
MageMindy
Research Student
Research Student

Postby Beast » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:13 am

Had an interesting experience a couple of weeks back.

I've been practising energy manipulation for a while and fairly recently learned to construct tech spells. Whenever I created spells I always wondered whether the outcome was just pure coincidence.

My partner were unemployed for about 2 and a half years and her cash reserves had run out. She was in tears and wanted to sell her car and thought we had to move to a cheaper place, as my finances could not cover all of our expenses. A short while later when she left the lounge, I constructed a spell to get her a job. I suffer from a high degree of empathy and decided that it might come in useful and created the spell using all the emotions that emanated from her as a way of emphasising the urgency. I switched the spell on and hoped for the best. Half an hour later she came back into the lounge and her cellphone immediately started to ring. She didn't want to answer it in her current state, but I told her to answer it as it might be good news (I just had this feeling of what the call was going to be about :wink: ). She picked up the phone and got all excited. It was a person who phoned to offer her a job :D

That was the first and only time I constructed a spell where the outcome could not have been coincidence. LordArt, a thousand shout-outs for the knowledge I gained from you :D .
The meaning of life is not to be lowered into the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wrecked, and think "Holy shit! What a ride!!"
Beast
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:32 pm

Beast wrote:LordArt, a thousand shout-outs for the knowledge I gained from you

Hey, I'm glad things worked out for you. :) Glad my suggestions helped. And from the sounds of your other posts, it sounds like your getting things rolling indepentantly with tech, which is a good thing!
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby MageMindy » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:13 pm

Beast- Congrats on your outcome and kudos on using emotion magic with it! I also find that using the emotion base behind spells that one feels strongly about helps give that "urgency" to the spell. Nice job!

So... interested in joining house empathy? :wink:

-m-
"Emotion Bitch"
"Head of House Empathy"
MageMindy
Research Student
Research Student

Postby Beast » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:17 am

MageMindy wrote:So... interested in joining house empathy? :wink:

Excuse my ignorance :oops: , what is house empathy all about? :oops:
The meaning of life is not to be lowered into the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wrecked, and think "Holy shit! What a ride!!"
Beast
Visitor
Visitor

Postby MageMindy » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:00 pm

Beast-
Among the Core Omni's originally, we jokingly came up with "Houses" that applied to each of our characteristics. (I was House Empathy, being the only emotion mage. John, "Lord Feh," is Pile of Wood Feh, because he's too lazy to build a house :wink: . Ogre is House Sadist because, well, he is! And Rich, "StormBringer," joined him there.)

And when new omni's joined and were found to have those same characteristics, we invited them to join our houses. (Like Rich)

It's mostly in joking around but it's also a fun way to get conversation going on common topics. To get to know more people who have your same interests. I am the emotion mage of the gang and so I became head of House Empathy. There was another member for a short time. But I've been it for a while.

It's just nice to see other people using emotion magic and having more then a base understanding of it. There are a few Omni's who've researched emotion magic further (like Adam, "Contrary," but he's already head of Open Field Contrary- an open field being obviously contrary to a house :) .) But it's also nice to find a new perspective, or to see someone using it who's come up with it on their own.

Ok now i'm rambling. I hope that explains it :)
-m-
"Emotion Bitch"
"Flying High over House Empathy"
MageMindy
Research Student
Research Student

Next

Return to Open Magical Discussion