Login | Register

What is your most memorable magical experience?

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Postby LordArt » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:01 pm

beast wrote:Excuse my ignorance , what is house empathy all about?

I think Mindy assumed you were a student by saying you had learned so much from me. The "House" thing that you might see on people's location on the forums here (as well as what Mindy was talking about) is another running in-joke among the older Omnis (Like the Jesus Name/Clan thing). The idea being that as Omni expands, many of the original members will end up having their own groups and teach and empathsize different aspects and put less time in on other parts. All completely around their own disposition and what they feel is important over what I felt was important when I taught them originally. So the running joke was looking FAR into the future (quite hypothetically and fancifully), there would be "Great Houses of Omnimancy" based on their original founder. Each with their own style and culture effectively based on the values of the founder. (Which has already happened in other traditions. As an example, look at Wicca, it's only 50 years old and there is Gardenarian, Alexandrian, etc. Some named after their founders, some not, but history repeats itself.). Well, so like the Jesus Clan names, everyone (except me, since I don't get a house), got a house name for amusment. Since mindy's specialities are in emotion magic, her house is house empathy. You can easily find other peoples house from their location tags if they got into it and liked it. I still feel "Open Field Contrary" is the most amusing (ie. he's contrary so wouldn't have a house). Then their's "stack of wood Feh" (He's too lazy to build a house). House Sadist seems to have had the most success. House Norals is nowhere. Then there is House Gimpy and House Golgotham (ok, so maybe some didn't get to pick their house names because it would be too amusing).

In the end, you've stumbled across another running joke. Sorry to bore you with my long explanation of it. Kind of ruins the fun. :)

@Mindy
Beast is someone that I have been in coorespondence with both on forums and emails from time to time. Because of the shear numbers of applicants last "wave", and the lack of available teachers/slots to handle that kind of number, Beast didn't make the cut (barely) for acceptance (meaning, others were ahead of him...No offense Beast). I'm personally hoping he will still be interested the next time openings open up.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Beast » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:45 am

Good to see that you guys add a joking aspect to omnimancy, because when things are taken too seriously, that is when they stop being fun :)

I am definitely still interested in joining omnimancy and understand that other people got in before me (I still see myself as very new and inexperienced in the magic thing, and the more I learn, the more I realise how inexperienced I am in all of this :oops: ). I'm in no great rush, as I constantly keep on exploring and researching on my own until such time that there is an opening for me.

As a matter of interest, when will the next wave of openings appear?
The meaning of life is not to be lowered into the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wrecked, and think "Holy shit! What a ride!!"
Beast
Visitor
Visitor

Postby PsyFactor » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:27 am

I'm not yet sure when new openings will appear in OmniCyber. If you wish to join, post your application, and it will be considered when we are accepting new members again. As to Core if that's what you were hoping to join - ask Art.

PsyFactor
Head of OmniCyber
PsyFactor
Research Student
Research Student

Satsung

Postby Satsung » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:23 pm

Very interesting stuff... Love it!

Well, my most memorable xp had to be before I was even working with anything on a concious level. It was during the 'discover times' so to say. I had just heard about this energy 'stuff' a day or two before.

(Keep in mind that I was 19 and my brother was 15.) My brother was doing some energy building techniques that pertained to martial arts. He decided to do these in my room in front of my mirror on this particular night... because he thought he looked cool. hehe

Anyway, he formed his hands to make the 'chi ball' and made it grow and shrink.... All of a sudden his eyes lit up.

"Hey! Hey! I feel something!" he shouted in his unvoiced harsh whisper.

"Um... ok..." I half-heartedly responded.

"No! Really!" His hands began expanding outward and this 'chi ball' kept growing. "What do I do?! It's growing! I am not making it grow!" His panic with this apparently new experience began to concern me.

Not sure of what to do or say... I said the first thing that came to my mind, "Uh... Throw it out the window!!!"

He made this rocking motion as if it were quite heavy and threw it out.... the look of immense worry quickly faded from his face.

We went on to experiment with this a little more that night, but that is what kicked it all off.

Hope you enjoyed it.
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.

- Joseph Campbell
Satsung
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Iamu » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:56 am

Some good stories, folks. Thanks for sharing.

Here's mine, but it's kinda long...

Remember those hurricanes that pounded Florida a few months back? For a few weeks before the first one happened, I'd been working kind of closely with a particular Godform that a Thelemite friend had introduced me, and I think he wanted to teach me a lesson...

When I went into work the day before the storm hit, I hadn't heard anyone call it a hurricane yet. I generally don't follow the news, and so the way people were talking about it, it sounded like it was a decently big storm that might come through our area.

At the time, I was working at the AGWAY in Morristown, and was none too happy about it. We'd been swamped all week as we were at the height of the season. I was alone on the sales floor and registers virtually all day, every day that week, and the owners were on vacation in North Carolina. Being a garden center, though, nobody shops there in the rain, so I was desperately looking forward to this storm I had been hearing about.

I spent about an hour working on an energy construct designed to call the storm system to it and concentrate all the nearby clouds over the store, and then tossed it up into the atmosphere. I could feel the astral "atmosphere" under the construct getting gradually more charged, and then it felt like it "popped", and the rain started coming down real hard a minute or so later... So I more-or-less went to sleep for the rest of the day.

The next day was the same day the first hurricane touched down, but I still didn't know about that until after I got home that night. Conditions were semi-lousy when I came into work, so I figured I'd get right on another construct and sleep the day away again. About 20 minutes after I sent this one up, one of my managers came around front and looked out the double glass doors, and said something along the lines of: "Boy, someone must really hate us upstairs. Would ya look at the sky? There's storm clouds directly over the store, and then it clears up a little in any given direction."

I looked out the doors, and to my amusement, directly over and around the store, centered roughly around my construct, were really dark, low-hanging clouds, whereas anywhere else in the sky, the clouds were much higher and white. Mission succesful, I figured. I just sat on my ass behind the register for about an hour, felt another "pop" like the day before, and then the rain came a couple of minutes later, and I went to sleep.

As soon as I got home that day, I heard about the hurricane in Florida, and suddenly wasn't nearly as proud of my rain-making. After dinner, I channel surfed until I found a special report, and I saw the governor of Florida explaining that the storm had been much more damaging than expected, as weather conditions had turned against all their projections when jetstream winds suddenly started blowing the whole system up the coast. Also, my bosses had to evacuate when the storm turned north, and were back in Jersey the next day. A couple days later, the remnants of the storm passed through town.

I didn't know just what the f^*k I'd done, or even if I'd done anything at all. I asked the Godform I mentioned I'd been working with, and what he told me was something along the lines of "Everyone/thing is forever executing my plan, whether they will it or not, whether they realize it or not."

I'd had a good bit of success with weather magic up to that point, but I haven't done any since; I've realize it's effects are a little too wide-spread and volatile.
I'm a monkey.
Iamu
Research Student
Research Student

Postby FireEssence » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:16 pm

Hehe, another OFer! :) But yeah, I've never really liked weather magic since D&R's experiences and my own with a specific servitor/egregore... Results tend to be... over the top? And the butterfly effect of such things is just creppy because you can never know if YOU helped something happen. Me and D&R both had weather magic experiments going on at the time of the tsunami and the big mudslides in Cali. at the beginning of this year...
Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Previous

Return to Open Magical Discussion