Login | Register

Hoping I Didn't Miss The Boat: Is App Review Over?

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Hoping I Didn't Miss The Boat: Is App Review Over?

Postby SingProud22 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:15 am

I found this site today through the Glimmerdark postings, and I haven't been able to put it down. I posted in the application thread, but as I go through forum posts, it seems you normally do the application process in January. Since it is now (technically) February 2nd, I appear to have missed the process. I'm wondering if that is correct, and if there is any way you might still consider me. I very much want to learn more, and while I am definitely going to work on some of the techniques in the primer, my goal is to learn more from an actual person. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope you can let me know.

-SingProud22
SingProud22
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Hoping I Didn't Miss The Boat: Is App Review Over?

Postby LordArt » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:26 pm

The app review is in process. I would expect it to be done soon. But the app review is mostly for Cyber rather than Core. I would suggest coming to my lecture at Glimmerdark this weekend and see what you think. Perhaps Core is better for you. If you can't make it to Glimmarkdark, I'm sure something can be arranged so we know more about you and you us.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby SingProud22 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:26 am

First of all, thank you so much for responding to me so quickly! I'm glad you check the forums so often.

I would suggest coming to my lecture at Glimmerdark this weekend and see what you think. Perhaps Core is better for you. If you can't make it to Glimmarkdark, I'm sure something can be arranged so we know more about you and you us.

I would definitely have preferred to come to Glimmerdark, since that is most likely easier for everyone, but I looked up the ticket cost for the day pass and I just can't do it financially. Rent to pay. :-( How can I go about arranging something else? Preferably without messing up other people's schedules...
SingProud22
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:09 pm

SingProud22 wrote:I would definitely have preferred to come to Glimmerdark, since that is most likely easier for everyone, but I looked up the ticket cost for the day pass and I just can't do it financially. Rent to pay. :-( How can I go about arranging something else? Preferably without messing up other people's schedules...

Well, plan B is for you to get interviewed like the rest of the cyber applicants but realistically, you would be going to Core rather than Cyber. Either that, or we meet somewhere locally sometime, or perhaps just come to Core during one of the meetings and see what happens, but admittedly, I prefer to have met someone before that.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby SingProud22 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:42 am

I definitely do not want to intrude upon an official meeting. It's not fair, especially with these kinds of topics. It's bound to make people uncomfortable discussing as they usually would because there's a stranger around.

So that being said, how would I go about setting up a way to meet you some other time? Jusy let me know how I can make this as easy as possible for everyone.
SingProud22
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:38 pm

We've had people bring people by before that they personally knew. The group can handle it, especially for a night. Realistically, since you have different people there at different levels, it's not uncommon for people to take certain teachings into the next room partly so it does disturb the main conversation, or so others can't hear if it's a test, for example. Besides, it gives the rest of the group a chance to form an opinion, and you to form an opinion with them. If you prefer a more "meet and greet" elsewhere like at a diner or something, that can be arranged too.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby SingProud22 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:33 am

If people are used to it, I guess it would be okay if I just came for a meeting. I just don't want to make things difficult for anyone, and it is more convenient if everyone is already gathering anyway.

Because this is the internet, I'm going to ask if it is okay to bring my husband with me for the first time. He's aware and knows not to discuss anything, but I really feel nervous showing up alone. From there, I just need to ask when and where. You can PM me so it doesn't show up in a public forum, if that is better.

Also, thank you again for all of this. I'm really looking forward to meeting you.
SingProud22
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:37 am

Because there are other people interested from GlimmerDark, I thought it might be better to meet up somewhere like a diner or some place that not only I, but other members can meet everyone. I will try to go for a Saturday or whatever can be arranged.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby SingProud22 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:27 pm

Okay. That's probably better if you have other interested people. Just let me know where/when. :)
SingProud22
Visitor
Visitor

Postby circlesquared » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:51 am

Yeah I think thats a great idea. : )
circlesquared
New Student
New Student

Return to Open Magical Discussion