Login | Register

Too many spells?

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Too many spells?

Postby poeticChaos » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:00 pm

So after reading the Omnimancy public consumption doc and learning that you can pull energy from external sources, I filled my house will various magical experiments to see what I could do, and left them there to run. Now, as I'm typing this, I'm getting quite dizzy and developing a minor headache on the back right side of my head. Just as a basic question, even while utilizing outside energy, is it possible to have too many spells active and running at the same time?
poeticChaos
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Too many spells?

Postby Circuitman » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:25 am

Yes it is possible to have too many spells running at once. This isn't an issue of powering them but maintaining all of those spells is putting a strain on you. It may feel like they just run themselves but you are keeping them running. There are ways around this problem but I can't tell you more than that. Remove some of the spells and see how that feels. Also, see if there are any "old" spells floating around that you don't need anymore.
Circuitman
New Student
New Student

Postby poeticChaos » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:06 pm

I ended up dispelling all of them because I ended up getting woozy to the point of almost passing out, and once they were gone I did end up feeling loads better. Guess it's back to one spell at a time for now :v
I did notice however that while the spells were active, i could sense where they were in the house no matter where I was in the house. I thought that was pretty cool, if not a little distracting.
poeticChaos
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Circuitman » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:23 pm

I would recommend, if you want to experiment, slowly adding more spells over time (maybe a spell every fifteen minutes or longer) and then you can find out where your limit is. Then see if it gets better as you practice. It's good to find out what you can do.
Circuitman
New Student
New Student

Postby rawrstalemate » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:00 pm

Since it seems like you guys dont want it discussed in here, I sent you a PM on my theory on why this happens, circuitman. Could you confirm or deny (or maybe just tell me if im hot or cold) the theory? I did actively try to overload myself so that may have also affected the results but you work with what you have I suppose.
rawrstalemate
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Circuitman » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:16 pm

I responded to your PM rawrstalemate. As I said previously on this thread, this happens because you are actively maintaining every spell you control. Spells refer back to their controllers constantly, it just isn't a conscious action to maintain your spells. But it does require some mental effort.
Circuitman
New Student
New Student

Postby rawrstalemate » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:09 pm

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.
rawrstalemate
Visitor
Visitor

Postby SATANSTURKEY666 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:12 pm

Since I'm not technically in Omnimancy yet, I'll hit and probably miss. You can probably make a thoughtform that is in charge of managing and upkeeping your spells, freeing your subconscious or conscious effort; or you can make a construct that'll do a similar thing for you. If this is also what Omnimancy teaches regarding the subject... Well, sorry. But I'm not in, so even if I got it right... :lol:
SATANSTURKEY666
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion