Login | Register

Are the creators of Omnimancy familiar with NLP

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Are the creators of Omnimancy familiar with NLP

Postby Skills_No_Dogma » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:26 pm

It seems like on some level that the concept of Modeling seems what some Omnimancers do. Going under the hood of magic and taking away the useful parts and making it modular.
Skills_No_Dogma
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Are the creators of Omnimancy familiar with NLP

Postby LordArt » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:53 am

I am familiar with NLP (in the sense of what it is), just not trained in it. It hasn't interested me because it's limited to people, and I'm not trying to manipulate people per se, but events. I guess it's a grey magic thing. If you "mind control" someone to do something, it's an attack, while if you manipulate events to make them do something, it's still their choice. They don't HAVE to do whatever, it just is their natural choice.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Re: Are the creators of Omnimancy familiar with NLP

Postby Skills_No_Dogma » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:03 pm

LordArt wrote:I am familiar with NLP (in the sense of what it is), just not trained in it. It hasn't interested me because it's limited to people, and I'm not trying to manipulate people per se, but events. I guess it's a grey magic thing. If you "mind control" someone to do something, it's an attack, while if you manipulate events to make them do something, it's still their choice. They don't HAVE to do whatever, it just is their natural choice.

That is one narrow application of it and it seems like the greatest use of NLP is to manipulate oneself. I do like what you said about manipulating events.
Skills_No_Dogma
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion