Login | Register

Where Should We Go To Observe Magic?

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Where Should We Go To Observe Magic?

Postby Skills_No_Dogma » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:26 pm

Any suggestions on where the average person who isn't a part of any magical groups can go to observe, scan and analyze magic?

I have a feeling that reverse engineering in a live setting would be quite useful.
Skills_No_Dogma
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Where Should We Go To Observe Magic?

Postby Circuitman » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:38 am

Well, that's kind of tricky, isn't it? My first suggestion would be to figure out if there are any somewhat open groups in your area and find out if they'll let you sit in. Generally to find magic I would say you have to find the people who are doing it.
Circuitman
New Student
New Student

Postby xan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:52 am

Skills_No_Dogma wrote:Any suggestions on where the average person who isn't a part of any magical groups can go to observe, scan and analyze magic?

Maybe try seeking out an open group for the pagan community in your area. Depending on where you live there is probably at least one. It may or may not be worth it depending on what you are expecting to get out of attending something like that.
Last edited by xan on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xan
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Sark » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:08 pm

Skills_No_Dogma wrote:Any suggestions on where the average person who isn't a part of any magical groups can go to observe, scan and analyze magic?

I have a feeling that reverse engineering in a live setting would be quite useful.

I would say it depends on what you want to reverse engineer. Somethings are easier than others and more common than others. I learned mostly through self study and observing things in the astral and just expanding on that. If you know someone that uses some form of magic then you can study them and see what you can get beyond that looking for open groups is probably the best I can think of or going into some chat rooms on sites dealing with psionics but thats less in person observation but with enough determination anything is possible.
Sark
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion