Login | Register

Alternative Material

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Alternative Material

Postby Rune-Chi » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:22 pm

Hey guys, recently submitted my application. My understanding is that Omnimancers are pretty selective in whom they take on as members. I was therefore wondering given that my acceptance as a member is somewhat of a toss up and may take several cycles before I have the opportunity. What would be some good material worth studying that would be complimentary and preparatory to the the Omnimancy curriculum should I ever be accepted?
Rune-Chi
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Alternative Material

Postby LordArt » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:55 pm

Hello. Yeah, Cyber does interviews about once a year, and the next cycle doesn't start for a while, I will admit.

As far as materials go, I can't really think of any. We don't base what we teach on what is already out there. Most of the stuff we do is more internally to the group generated, and is alien enough that even the lectures I give make people's head scratch.

I would say if you haven't read over the forums, that would be a good start. Of course, you could come to Crucible this weekend and see something more live. :)
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Re: Alternative Material

Postby Rune-Chi » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:48 am

LordArt wrote:Hello. Yeah, Cyber does interviews about once a year, and the next cycle doesn't start for a while, I will admit.

As far as materials go, I can't really think of any. We don't base what we teach on what is already out there. Most of the stuff we do is more internally to the group generated, and is alien enough that even the lectures I give make people's head scratch.

I would say if you haven't read over the forums, that would be a good start. Of course, you could come to Crucible this weekend and see something more live. :)

Hey LordArt. Thanks for the reply. Just found the "Public Consumption" area so think I might experiment with those techniques for awhile. Though I've always wanted to go to Crucible I've yet to have the right circumstances to attend...next year I'm hoping. :)

Been reading through the forum and have found some useful nuggets, I'll keep perusing through. I look forward to when you are doing the interview process, till then I'll keep practicing. Blessings.
Rune-Chi
Visitor
Visitor

Return to Open Magical Discussion