Login | Register

HyperSpheres

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
HyperSpheres

Postby inominandum » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:25 pm

BTW, while I am in here, I thought I might post this piece on 4 dimensional space, differential topography, and exotic spheres.

BONUS: Its an article on a Math website that refers to Yog Sothoth!

http://plus.maths.org/content/richard-elwes
inominandum
Visitor
Visitor

Re: HyperSpheres

Postby JPo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:13 am

How dimensions relate to our experience of magic and other entities is fascinating. For example, the experience of disembodied entities manifesting as 2-dimensional "shadows" is so common as to almost be trite. I've also had experiences with some beings that moved along 2-dimensional surfaces and attacked through the feet. Whether such entities are only 2-dimensional (unlikely) or just have only 2-dimensions that overlap with our the 3 of our usual consciousness is amusing to think about. There are a tremendous number of interesting research questions here. For example, why doesn't a "shadow person" reflect any light - even when several persons can see that shadow...

JPo
JPo
Head of OmniCyber
Head of OmniCyber

Re: HyperSpheres

Postby Psychokinetic Wannabe » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:06 pm

I rather enjoyed the article, by the way. Fricking fourth dimension being all wierd. (Kinda makes me wonder if this realm has three normal spacial dimensional because those 3 plus time provided for the most flexibility for whatever incarnating life requires/benefits from.)
If a thing be really good, it can be shown to be such. If you cannot demonstrate its excellence, it may well be suspected that you are no proper judge of it.
- William Godwin
Psychokinetic Wannabe
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Return to Open Magical Discussion