Login | Register

forging kabbalah and voodoo with omnimancy

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Postby entity » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:29 pm

Thaumaturgy: In the occult circles i've been around, I've never heard this word floating around, or has anyone mentioned it till now. I wonder...

I think people are more afraid of this concept, than embracing it. Theres nothing to be afraid about, if you want to learn real magick, then you got to get your feet wet. thats what I think.
entity
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Kat » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:37 am

entity wrote:Thaumaturgy: In the occult circles i've been around, I've never heard this word floating around, or has anyone mentioned it till now. I wonder...

I think people are more afraid of this concept, than embracing it. Theres nothing to be afraid about, if you want to learn real magick, then you got to get your feet wet. thats what I think.

You've never heard the word Thaumaturgy used before?! Well, it is very common. I don't know anyone who's afraid of it, personally.

As for Motta's "lineage"... I think it has some issues.

Thelemapedia certainly doesn't seem to take kindly to your source there:

http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/S ... i_Orientis
Kat
Research Student
Research Student

Postby 4min33sec » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:15 am

I would guess that when you start to explain "thaumaturgy" to people, a lot of them are going to react, basically, with "omg left-hand path LOLevul bad bad bad."

I blame Al.
4min33sec
Research Student
Research Student

Postby Kat » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:26 am

4min33sec wrote:I would guess that when you start to explain "thaumaturgy" to people, a lot of them are going to react, basically, with "omg left-hand path LOLevul bad bad bad."

I blame Al.

That is most assuredly Al's fault, indeed.
Kat
Research Student
Research Student

Postby Thelynx » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:19 am

I have a feeling a lot of things are Al's fault. :p
Thelynx
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby entity » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:57 am

yeah people would think it's left hand path

actually it's All-hand-path lol.. ahaha. that was nerdy

anyhow. I did some research years ago go, and i read the sepher yetzirah, and it said, theres about 8 different froms of kabbalaic trees so to speak, theres more than just qlippoth and tree of life. but yes that goes into theurgy. but when I first started this thread, I was thinking, well the Omnimancers would use kabbalah as a map to the astral of what beings they'd like to talk or learn from, and each sphere is a place.

But im learning that is not the case. I guess Kabbalah is somewhat a lie for what many occultist say it can do.. I guess theres other ways to go into the astral and know where youre going..
entity
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Kat » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:37 pm

entity wrote:yeah people would think it's left hand path

actually it's All-hand-path lol.. ahaha. that was nerdy

anyhow. I did some research years ago go, and i read the sepher yetzirah, and it said, theres about 8 different froms of kabbalaic trees so to speak, theres more than just qlippoth and tree of life. but yes that goes into theurgy. but when I first started this thread, I was thinking, well the Omnimancers would use kabbalah as a map to the astral of what beings they'd like to talk or learn from, and each sphere is a place.

But im learning that is not the case. I guess Kabbalah is somewhat a lie for what many occultist say it can do.. I guess theres other ways to go into the astral and know where youre going..

I have not found it to be a "lie"; it is very useful, but its function is not as a map of the astral. Of course I have no idea what claims these occultists you refer to make. If you want to explore the astral, you don't need Qabalah. Qabalah is something different. The spheres aren't "places" - although they can be if you want them to be; what you're referring to there is a kind of "astral pathworking," a handy but limited use of Qabalah.

Also, there are many forms of the Tree of Life - the origins go back to the Babylonian era, and in a sense it is a manifestation of the Axis Mundi concept which is found across all eras and parts of the world.
Kat
Research Student
Research Student

Previous

Return to Open Magical Discussion