Login | Register

New Omnimancer Application Form

A place where any form of magic and stories/experiences related may be discussed. This is also appropriate to discuss general Omnimancy principles, of course.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Re: New Omnimancer Application Form

Postby billy8660 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:00 pm

:?: How did you get into magic?
I got into magic at a young age because of my interest in the supernatural and other realms. I believed dreams were a portal to the other side. Years later, I met someone who saw a lot of potential in me and called me a natural able to recognize energy and spirits easily. This made me want to get into magic more and more until I met someone who met me who taught me more.
:?: What do you practice now, and for how long?
I practice necropathy, telepathy, and fortune telling for 5 years.
:?: Will your current practice or religion interfere with you learning omnimancy?
No, it will not.
:?: How did you find us?
I was led here by my teacher, Alex Kowit.
:?: Have you read the site yet?
I have glanced at it.
:?: What do you think omnimancy is?
Omnimancy is using magic in everyday life and using it in every path of life to better oneself.
:?: What do you hope to get out of Omnimancy and what are your end goals?
I hope to learn how to use magic to become a better and stronger person overall.
:?: Omnimancy training is a long process, are you willing to put the time in? (Which for OmniCyber means being able to show up on IRC on Monday Nights weekly reliably, as well as practicing on your own time or with other students.)
I am willing to put the time in as long as work doesn't get in the way.
:?: Can you work ok with others?
Yes, I can.
:?: Because it's the internet, how old are you?
I am 30
billy8660
Visitor
Visitor

Re: New Omnimancer Application Form

Postby Cailin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:06 pm

:?: How did you get into magic?

A little over nine years ago, while looking for information on how to deal with empathy, I ran across some sites on psionics. I was surprised that there was a paradigm that accounted for so many of the different abilities, and I was impressed with their more rational/scientific approach to the whole thing (while I wasn't against the idea of psychic abilities I just hadn't been able to stomach new age theories on them). After several years I started getting more interested in magick and I finally asked one of my friends who was also a practitioner (and who is now my fiance) to teach me.

I ran into a lot of problems with psionics, energy work, and magick, however. Sensory/perception based stuff worked fairly well for me, but anything that involved actively *doing* anything backfired spectacularly or just didn't work at all. I ended up spending 6 years trying to track down why that was the case and figure out a way to fix it. I sifted through everything I could think of--mental structure, energetic structure, buried emotions, mental blocks, extensive past life work. I had a lot of help from various people and spirits along the way and I came out a lot better for it, yet nothing ever seemed to fix the problem that I couldn't actually get anything to *work*. I attended Crucible a year ago and toward the end someone commented that I "wasn't from here". I was a bit disconcerted by the conversation that started after that, with quite a few people debating what "danish"(?) I was from. But while they weren't able to explain fully what they meant (because omnimancy secrecy), it was enough to start shedding some light on things over the next year about why my system behaved so oddly. Come to find out I do a lot of temporal work, and I was able to get a lot of help at this last Crucible both from David (who came up with something that make temporal ripples hurt significantly less without interfering with sensing) and from Rich (who actually had a similar experience with getting stuck in time because of memories and knew how to fix it!). It's made such a difference and I feel so much better, it's been awesome.

:?: What do you practice now, and for how long?

Most of what I practice is sensing-based: empathy/telepathy (12+ yrs), scanning/energy perception/clairvoyance (8 yrs), divination (7 yrs). I also do some energy work, mostly basic self-maintenance (9 yrs). And time-based work (unknown amount of time, I've had minor precog most my life, but started manipulating timelines intentionally 3 years ago)

:?: Will your current practice or religion interfere with you learning omnimancy?

I'm not religious, so no issues there. I do work with Hekate, but she's one of the ones who has been nudging me toward applying in the first place. As for my practice, so much has changed for me this last year or so that I feel like I need to essentially start over from the beginning, and omnimancy training seems like the best opportunity to do that.

:?: How did you find us?

I'd known about the site for a while, but hadn't looked into it very closely. But then my fiance (Chris) joined Omnimancy a year and a half ago, and one of my roommates joined at the beginning of this year, and the successes they had intrigued me and I started looking into it further. I also attended Crucible last year and this year.

:?: Have you read the site yet?

Yep, and even took notes on some sections. I'm currently reading through the "Interesting Magical Topics" section of the forum.

:?: What do you think omnimancy is?

Omnimancy is a system of magick designed around using scientific methodology to figure out how things actually work for casting any given spell and then doing what is necessary directly in the most efficient way possible rather than relying on other spirits or ritual. A great deal of it is founded in energy work, since the energy both powers the spell and provides the framework for its execution. While the technology part of tech (machine-like spells made of many smaller pieces) and the amps seem to get most of the attention, the technique (creative and well-researched approaches to casting) plays a very important part. Developing accurate magical senses and the ability to analyze spells also forms an important foundation for the system.

:?: What do you hope to get out of Omnimancy and what are your end goals?

Primarily, I really want to be able to finally *do* things in magick, and the way that omnimancy starts at square one and very thoroughly teaches up through research and development and getting actual verifiable results makes me very confident that the time put in will be worth it. I'm also looking forward to the community aspect of being able to learn from other people and discuss magick more easily and in depth than I've been able to do up till now.

More specifically though, I'm very interested in learning more about and helping with research on time-related magick. It was incredibly encouraging to find out that someone else in omni has had similar experiences to me. I've only run into one other person up till now who works with time even close to how I do...and she only speaks math. So having people to talk about all of it with and learn from and do experiments with would be *amazing*.

Also, while I've had some success with developing senses on my own, what I've seen of those in omnimancy makes me *very* interested in learning more in that area.

And in general, learning as much as I can on everything and seeing where that takes me--I'm quite sure there's a great deal about what omnimancy entails and practices that I'm not aware of.

:?: Omnimancy training is a long process, are you willing to put the time in? (Which for OmniCyber means being able to show up on IRC on Monday Nights weekly reliably, as well as practicing on your own time or with other students.)

Definitely. I've watched my fiance and my roommate go through the first year or so of training so I know what the time commitment is like, and our household schedule is already designed around making sure both of them can make it to all meetings so the time is already blocked out in my schedule.

:?: Can you work ok with others?

Yes. I'm a little shy at first, but once I get a feel for how things are structured and what's expected I warm up pretty quickly.

:?: Because it's the internet, how old are you?

Cailin
Visitor
Visitor

Previous

Return to Open Magical Discussion