Login | Register

Finding one's senses.

The more interesting threads from the other two forums (mostly the open magical discussion forum) have been moved here, so that those not wanting to hunt through the other forums to find interesting topics, can just look here. This forum section is reply only, so no NEW topics can be placed here. If you want to start a new thread, please do so in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Postby DrFredbert » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:21 pm

Probably the most frustrating thing about trying to receive information from my psychic senses is not having a very good feel for what is self constructed, either by extrapolating on previous impressions or by more purely imaginative means. I am trying to create some sort of protocol using constructs to effectively alter the images or impressions so that I can distinguish between the two.

OK, so that is not entirely accurate, I've fuddle around a bit with a few attempts at proofs of concept. Yes, much more accurate. I am kind of sold on the idea that constructs can be internal along with external, though this has largely not panned out in practice. So, I guess you could say that I am trying to filter my self imagery. Good luck to me, right?

Neat article there StormSeeker.
Dr. Fredbert
DrFredbert
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Oyama » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:16 pm

Whoops, I thought AO included expectations and such. Thank you for clearing that up Storm :) .
Your anguish sustains me.

Madness is like gravity: all it takes is a little push!
Oyama
Research Student
Research Student

Postby Psychokinetic Wannabe » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:17 pm

I realize this is a fairly old thread, but I thought I'd point out that I think Oyama was somewhat right in his defining of Analytical Overlay, in a sense... Yes, analytical over-lay occurs after data is perceived, and biofeedback before/without any data perception - however, if you expect something, but don't expect it so strongly that you get biofeedback, there's still potential for Analytical Overlay after you've sensed whatever you're trying to sense being caused by the earlier expectations. Because those expectations will still be there on your mind, and as such, a high chance arises of you over-analyzing your perceptions because they either don't match, or seem to match too well, with your expectations.

So while expectations also cause biofeedback and while data has to have been already been received for AO to occur, if expectations carry over in one's mind to the post-data-getting instant, AO can still occur on the basis of them alone.
If a thing be really good, it can be shown to be such. If you cannot demonstrate its excellence, it may well be suspected that you are no proper judge of it.
- William Godwin
Psychokinetic Wannabe
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Previous

Return to Interesting Magical Topics