Login | Register

Omnimancy and Drug Use

The more interesting threads from the other two forums (mostly the open magical discussion forum) have been moved here, so that those not wanting to hunt through the other forums to find interesting topics, can just look here. This forum section is reply only, so no NEW topics can be placed here. If you want to start a new thread, please do so in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Postby o.diskordia » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:55 pm

StormSeeker wrote:I have also been asked to help in a couple of instances where people have attempted suicide by ingestion of drugs (such as weed/pot) and/or alcohol.

I'm sorry, but I have to ask... how does one commit suicide by pot? Never in my life have I heard of that, nor does that make any sense whatsoever to me, scientific or otherwise.
Take everything with a grain of salt; some things, take with a shaker-full.
o.diskordia
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Oyama » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:45 pm

Original full quote:

I have also been asked to help in a couple of instances where people have attempted suicide by ingestion of drugs (such as weed/pot) and/or alcohol. The effects that were produced on the astral by doing so, are far too lengthy to list (and I don't understand them all on a conscious level either), but suffice to say that we know that overdosing of painkillers along with or without alcohol, can induce death or failure of various organs or nervous system/brain/psychological damage and such...and you do the math. That sort of damage is very rarely confined only to the physical IME.

You can attempt suicide by pot if you're unaware that it's impossible to overdose on it, you'll just fail every time, lol. Other drugs, such as painkillers and alcohol, are better suited for the job.
Your anguish sustains me.

Madness is like gravity: all it takes is a little push!
Oyama
Research Student
Research Student

Postby Fire_on_High » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:45 am

I've heard urban legends about someone smoking so much pot they basically gave themselves worse alcohol poisoning than they otherwise would have, since the pot supposedly suppressed vomiting which would have removed some of the alcohol. I'm not about to vouch for the veracity of it tho. I strongly suspect it's a crock but I can't prove it so...
<James> "Drive safe!" "Be careful!" "Don't stay out late!" "Forks don't go in the power socket!" "Please don't rip the multiverse a new one, it's not nice"
Fire_on_High
Presence
Presence

Postby Psychokinetic Wannabe » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:41 pm

I was going to leave this thread alone, but I'm curious - this is mainly for StormSeeker, but anyone is welcome to chip in:

StormSeeker wrote:From personal experience, having looked astrally at people who drink a lot of caffeine, it tends to affect their aura adversely as well as their mental processes, amongst other things.

Any chance I can get some elaboration/details on exactly what kind of effects those are? Caffeine is pretty much the only drug that I intentionally and regularly consume, so I'm curious what exactly the astral effects are. I personally have never noticed any decrease in attention span, or magic ability, through-out my life, BUT at the same time, I grew up with hot tea being a regular drink, and it's currently my default drink, as well as the primary source of liquid intake for me, so if any effects happened, my systems either compensated for them or I am so used to them I never noticed - thus making me curious about what effects have been observed in others.
If a thing be really good, it can be shown to be such. If you cannot demonstrate its excellence, it may well be suspected that you are no proper judge of it.
- William Godwin
Psychokinetic Wannabe
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Previous

Return to Interesting Magical Topics