Login | Register

Omnimancy Library of Questions

Forum to Discuss whatever is on your mind!

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

Should a new forum be created for the Omnimancy LIbrary of Questions?

yes
95%
no
5%

Total votes : 20
  • Author
Omnimancy Library of Questions

Postby LordArt » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:01 pm

The head of OmniNorth suggested that a book of questions(with answers) be put together from the ones answered online here and in emails. Mostly because they can be informative and interesting. THe idea here being instead of pawing through all the posts hoping to find something interesting or an answer to a question, that a list simply be made.

What I was thinking was making another public forum that simply has the appropriate question as the title, and the answer in the thread itself. What do you think?

(Obviously, for privacy reasons, the original asker is not going to be mentioned).

Also, this will hopefully be a prelude to a more up to date overview of Omnimancy being made public, rather than the one that makes it look like glorified energy working.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby FireEssence » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:53 pm

Truly I think a FAQ post which is updated semi-regularly would be simpler, I can see how that would pose a problem due to constant update and the thread getting immense. So I'm for the forum proposal or really anything you can get put together.
Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby Naryx » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:13 pm

I voted no. Most people in this age are dipsticks. I don't recommend giving them that kind of information. Keep it to yourself unless you want to have to deal with challenges to your position and your ideology every other day.
The forges of manifestation are never quiescent. They are simply so far away from normal reality that you can't hear them.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

Postby FireEssence » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:31 pm

Sorry if this gets the topic off-topic, but if it's merely made up of questions people ask/have asked him anyway that he answered in the first place, how much of it do you think could truly be dangerous to toss out?
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby Naryx » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:47 pm

I don't think it would be -that- dangerous. I do think however that the Omnimancers might find the constant challenging of their standpoint rather annoying.
The forges of manifestation are never quiescent. They are simply so far away from normal reality that you can't hear them.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

Postby FireEssence » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:56 am

Oh ok, I can actually understand that ^_^
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby Naryx » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:01 pm

I'm not -that- bad of a guy, you see? We do have certain basic things in common. I believe so, anyway.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:00 am

I actually like this idea (this would be Storm, on a friend's computer btw..can't login for some reason).

Once I have internet too, I'm willing to help compile it if help is required/would be liked.

As far as people challenging our viewpoints go...I think that's always something Omni has thrived on, as a group and as a series of individuals, we learn and grow by having our beliefs, and our perceptions of perception challenged and questioned continuously.

Granted, when you've just spent 8hrs at work, or had a bad day in general, multiple debates on your belief system gets...annoying ;) but yeah - overall, I feel it's a good thing for all concerned. So long as the questions/challenges are polite and not downright nasty or confrontational. After all, there is challenging someone's viewpoint and then there's challenging it with no real intent to listen or pay heed to the answer you get, regardless.

Which just wastes everyone's time and gets nobody anywhere aside from around in exasperated circles.

As far as it being dangerous goes...if I know the rest of the folks here, nobody is going to say anything on the forums or in PM or email, which they feel might be detrimental to tell the person for whatever reason(s). That has pretty much always been the way; and even though stuff slips out now and then that probably shouldn't, we live and learn.

So I vote 'yes', and kudos on the idea :)

Postby FireEssence » Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:35 pm

Don't mean to be a pain but, what's the current status of this project? Is it already being worked on, being put aside until a later time when it can be better constructed, decided against, what? :?:
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby LordArt » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:44 pm

It's on hold til someone gets off their collective asses to actually do it. :)

People have lives and their priorities aren't to post things, myself included. I still haven't posted that new overview yet officially.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby FireEssence » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:54 am

Ok, thank you. Didn't think it was gonna happen overnight but nothing more was mentioned so I was wondering what it's status was. *shrugs*
FireEssence
New Student
New Student

Postby Kaylara » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:09 pm

I like the idea. I know you will be discreet in what information you provide. :)
~Kaylara~
Kaylara
Visitor
Visitor

Good Idea

Postby Satsung » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:38 am

I agree with Kaylara. It is not like you are going to post anything endangering your more important information. Where it may benefit you is that a good qualified person may see more clearly your stances.

A FAQ (so to say) should be the first place a new person goes (after the overview on the website). If they are not ready for it, they will disagree and leave (or be a blabing fool for a short period of time). However, if they are ready for it then they will read further.
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.

- Joseph Campbell
Satsung
Visitor
Visitor

Return to General Discussion