Login | Register

everytime I log in....

Forum to Discuss whatever is on your mind!

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
everytime I log in....

Postby Float- » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:38 pm

Hey, I have a question. Whenever I log in and goto try to post, it says I havent logged in, got any idea's as to why this is happening?
Float-

Postby LordArt » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:42 pm

It could be how your web browser is caching the page. I've seen older browsers not reconize the page difference and put up the cached non-logged in page, even though the server DOES have you logged in. The opposite sometimes happens too, when people think they are logged in, post, and they actually aren't.

Try logging in, then hitting reload on your browser to make sure it updates itself. See if that helps.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby Siberion » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:41 am

Also try going to "www.omnimancy.com/phpbb2/" instead of "omnimancy.com/phpbb2". That caused me to not stay logged in all the time.
Siberion
Research Student
Research Student

eh

Postby Float- » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:05 pm

Heh, still isint working, but thanks for the advice, ill keep messing with it, maybe I should come on, on IE, rather than AOL.... *shrugs*

-Float
Float-

Postby StormSeeker » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:29 pm

A cookie problem, perhaps?
StormSeeker
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Beast » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:15 am

Yeah, think it could be cookies. PHPBB works with session cookies, and it depends on the server configuration whether those session cookies are saved to the server or to the user's pc.

Float, make sure that your browser accepts cookies. Best bet is to drop AOL and go for Mozilla firefox.
The meaning of life is not to be lowered into the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wrecked, and think "Holy shit! What a ride!!"
Beast
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Ogre » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:31 pm

What browser are you using... When i have used IE with versions of PHPBB previously it would sometimes just log me out randomly. Mozuilla does not have that problem.
-Ogre
Ogre
The Kinky Jesus
The Kinky Jesus

Return to General Discussion