Login | Register

Phase 1: Get anyone we can back in...

Forum to Discuss whatever is on your mind!

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Postby StormSeeker » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:15 pm

You know, I would have read that if you'd bothered to paragraph it *shrug*
StormSeeker
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Naryx » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:26 pm

How do you expect me to react to being scapegoated and judged? Do you expect my reaction to be formal? Should I send an RSVP along with it next time?! How about a telegraph carrier in tails and a tie?!

Edit: I don't really expect you to read it, since you have proven quite well that you don't give a damn about it and are just waiting for me to get thrown off the board. Coward.
The forges of manifestation are never quiescent. They are simply so far away from normal reality that you can't hear them.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

Postby StormSeeker » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:05 pm

Okay, I got a spare five minutes after all:

I'm smart enough to know a trap when I see it. You aren't going to back me into a corner that easily.

Naryx, I asked you a question. You stated "Throwing me off the board instead of making an effort to actually do something about the problem isn't going to solve it either. "

Well, I asked what the problem is you in your opinion, and what you yourself would do about it. If there's a problem here, I figured we could sort it like adults. You response makes me think otherwise now though.

It has obviously reached a point at which there is no way out. Basically what I'm saying is, if I read you right, no matter what I say, it will only exacerbate the situation.

Well the trouble is, (and maybe you haven't learned this, so I'll just be blunt and say it): this, IS a discussion forum. People give their opinions here. Not everyone agrees with everyone else. People will challenge or ask for clarification on what they don't agree with or what doesn't seem openly obvious or accurate.

Since you obviously want to challenge me because you obviously believe me to be an ignorant nothing, I'm bringing the fight to your doorstep.

I don't challenge people because I think they're ignorant. I challenge WHAT THEY SAY. And what I challenged was various points you made, some of which I wanted clarification on, and others were either generalizations or didn't seem accurate based upon my own knowledge. So of course I'm going to challenge you, yes. If I don't ask questions or challenge points, how do I learn? How do I expand my knowledge?

That's what I'm about.

If you can't handle that, ban me. I hardly ever post on here anyway and am unlikely to give a damn.

For someone who doesn't give a damn, one big long paragraph full of swear words and angry insults, doesn't seem like "not caring" to me...

If you want to "be cool" and anti-social and indifferent, that's fine. But don't try and be social at the same time. The two clash. Pick how you want to be. Choose one and stick with it.

As for your judgements of my person, they have NO BASIS in fact, since you know NOTHING about me as a person.

Humans judge based on what they know. What we know about you, is how you've behaved and what you've said on this forum. Therefore, we judge on that. Some of us, with some psychology training, can look beneath the surface, and extrapolate possibly accurate points, based upon choice of words, phrases, verbal self-defense, and other niceties associated with profiling and handwriting and written expression analysis.

The fact is, shooting a deer through the neck with a rifle shot from a grassy hill is about the same as shooting an enemy soldier in the back of the head from the same grassy knoll. The difference is, the soldier is likely to do something along the lines of using technology to kill you, instead of charging at you with its horns. -If- he knew you were there.

No, he's really not. Someone shot in the back of the head, be it deer or human, is likely to crumple on the ground and not offer much resistence.

I tried to do the sensible thing and cancel this arc of discussion, but fuck that.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think Arthur asked you to stop the discussion, just cease with the insults and derogatory comments. Which are not discussion, and not appropriate for an open discussion forum.

Since you find it needful to attack me for no god damn reason this is war.

Well it will be a one-sided war. I have more than enough on my plate, without replying to angry people on forums on a daily basis. So yer war is going to expire pretty damned quickly.

I have not attacked you. If you actually knew me at all, you'd know fine well nothing I've said has been an attack. But since you don't, I'll cut you some slack there, and just make it clear - I have not attacked you. If anyone else wishes to point out somewhere where I attacked Naryx, feel free; but I'm not seeing it.

I do however, see points where you attacked and insulted us. And indeed, this one long paragraph is just an angry, frustrated retort, or so it seems.

It seems to me that no matter what I do around here some asshat has to take it the wrong way and judge me.

You have done nothing around here. You have, however, said alot. And that is what I personally, have responded to. Not your person. I'm very careful about challenging what the person says or does, not the person their self.

I can't speak for anyone else here, of course.

If we are taking you the wrong way, you may wish to ask why. The majority of times someone misinterprets another person, it's due - not to what is said - but how. So perhaps reword how you say things. Though you are not responsible for others reactions, only they are; what we do and/or say in this world, does to some degree, instigate a reaction from other people; and thus if we control how we do or say something, we can also to some degree, affect the reaction of the majority of people who 'react, rather than act'.

Why can't you for once accept the fact that a stranger might actually know what the fuck their talking about? Is that so hard? Obviously it is.

No, it's not. I was a stranger here not so long ago, and Arthur, Ogre, Rene and co were strangers to me. If I had such a tough time accepting that someone else could know what they were talking about, I would never have made it as a student or an Omnimancer here. And more importantly, I wouldn't have made friends out of these people.

There are stoic differences between them and you, however. They back up what they say. They don't tell me something is a fact, when it's a generalization or heresy. They offer proof, before expecting me to accept something as truth. They don't expect me to accept something is truth, until I've had ample enough experience and/or proof to have seen it be true.

They do not fly off the handle with angry retorts, when I challenge them. Even when I bring in a touch of sarcasm to the challenge. They know it's not disrespect, it's just "my way". They can (to quote you) "handle that".

The list goes on.

There are three things about me, it seems, that make me unpopular around here. The first of these is that I hate women, as evidenced by the violent response to serene. The second is that I am wholey devoted to the blacker side of the arts, and have an appropriate personality due to this fact, and the third is that I insist on being taken reasonably seriously when I start talking about something that is academic. None of this is going to change. If you can't handle the way I am, fuck off.

I don't care about you; you have given me no reason to. Therefore I don't care how you are.

The only problem I have with you is that you say things which are not accurate, are sweeping generalizations (again not accurate), state things as being facts when there is evidence to the contrary but expect them to be "bought" as factual, regardless.

Again, this is not a problem with you as a person or personality, this is a problem with your conduct and debate skills. I know a few Faustians outside of this forum, and we get along just fine. But then they don't try to convince me of generalizations or heresy, as being fact.

This has gone beyond just a squabble on the net. I'm sick and tired of being judged constantly.

Don't speak your mind then.

Newsflash: human beings judge. We do it as part of our nature; even those of us who adhere to philosophies which resent judgement in favor of acceptance and understanding, still judge to some degree. We've had this conversation before though. If you don't want your opinions to be challenged or "judged", don't post. It's as simple as that.

If you do post, you're saying you're fair game to the people here. Just as everyone else here, who posts, does.

I'm tired of basically just being who I am and having to deal with people who obviously want to cause friction with me.

Again, it is not who you are, that I have adversion to (me personally, can't speak for others), it's what you say and claim.

Let me tell you a little something about how I hunt. I take with me one rifle, eight bullets, and a scope, as well as some notes about which things are okay to eat and which aren't. I walk to where I want to hunt at, eat snakes and mushrooms while looking for good places to snipe from, and then get into position. When something comes along I shoot it and take it home.

So noted. I'll file it away.

Don't you DARE tell me I don't have field experience.

I never said that. Reread my last post, and you will not find anywhere where I said YOU had no field experience. I spoke of a personal observation.

And another thing, on a slightly different topic. The reason I practice the blacker side of the arts is because I'm tired of being stomped on by everyone. Don't think I won't use any information at my disposal to get rid of anyone who annoys me.

So? Was that supposed to be a threat?

No amount of verbal abuse, death threats, physical violence, or other abuses will change my mind.

As I have seen, you are the only one making such insults or threats, not us.
Last edited by StormSeeker on Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StormSeeker
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby StormSeeker » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:09 pm

It seems you replied whilst I was writing my reply:

How do you expect me to react to being scapegoated and judged? Do you expect my reaction to be formal? Should I send an RSVP along with it next time?! How about a telegraph carrier in tails and a tie?!

I expect nothing. You are nothing to me, and therefore I expect nothing of you. You reactions are your own. They stem from your own associations, and psychological makeup. How you react, is your issue; not mine.

It is also your choice. Your. Choice.

A carrier pigeon might have been a cute touch though :)

Edit: I don't really expect you to read it, since you have proven quite well that you don't give a damn about it and are just waiting for me to get thrown off the board. Coward.

Guess I just proved you wrong there. If you didn't expect me to read it, why post it? Why waste your time?

And you can call me all the names in the book. Since I don't know you, and have been given no reason to give a damn about you, they are like water off a duck's back.
StormSeeker
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Naryx » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:20 am

And all this forum has done is given me reason to despise the people here and what Omnimancy is and stands for. All you have done is shown me bad examples of personal conduct and bad representation of the art which this forum is about. You give me some kind of reason to do something besides spit on you and curse your name, I might actually try to be halfway decent towards you. So far all you have done is given me AMPLE reason to hate you.
The forges of manifestation are never quiescent. They are simply so far away from normal reality that you can't hear them.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

Postby -bsg- » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:58 am

Don't play with the crazy.

Annnnd back on topic:
If I were drafted I would serve. Sort of a family thing. Yes, I am also the person who wants to move out of country. But when my number comes up, it comes up. If I leave the country, I am not on the list, but if they call me- and I don't go- someone else has to. And really that just isn't cool.
Besides- change and subvert the system from within.
And hey- getting paid to exercise- my favorite thing ever!
It's a rare man who is taken for what he truly is That is most of it, being a wizard--seeing and listening. The rest is technique. We are not always what we seem and hardly ever what we dream
-bsg-
Advanced Student
Advanced Student

Postby Ogre » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:27 am

Yeah, but I might have a problem with you going if your number comes up...
-Ogre
Ogre
The Kinky Jesus
The Kinky Jesus

Postby Naryx » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:53 am

Now that fiasco is quite finished. I wouldn't mind serving either, actually. I'm not opposed to the draft. I just think the people running the show are fucking idiots.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Minnakht » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:05 am

Greetings all, what a fine discussion you have going on in here...

I recall the days when military service was compulsory in ZA, and I got sent off on a bus to a place I didn`t really want to be in...

There were many people who objected for whatever reason, but it turned out that most of em got sent home soon after arriving for their will was so against military action of any kind...

I had just completed a one year stint as a paramedic and so used that as a means to get a lower classification, meaning I became a gate guard instead of a marine, recce, admiral etc etc...

Here`s what I did :
Blood sugar level : Eat a bowl of sugar and a jar of honey/jam around an hour before the test, the doctor was highly surprised at the result. I, of course, just sat looking at him, tripping on what I consider to be the biggest sugar rush I had in my life... :)

Heart Rate/Blood Pressure :
Grab an asthma pump and a few minutes before they strap the bp cuff on you, inhale around 30-40 times on the pump...prepare for another rush, and a surprised doctor (My heart beat clocked in at just under 170bpm)

Urine Test :
How difficult is it to pee into a jar and add a drop or two of blood to it (Take a nibble on any part of you, and drop some blood into the jar, not too much now.)

Eye Test :
I just made out like I could only read the first two lines of the chart and everything after that was just a blur...

Mental State :
Talk about the voices as mentioned earlier, or as one guy did, just meander around the camp pointing to the sky every now and then and say ¨Yes, I hear you, and I am ready¨ (This bloke was discharged after three days and he was very sane indeed)

Heh, after my classification came through it was a jol to actually be in the army...I got shipped off to guard some gate in a remote location on the east coast of ZA...two minutes form the beach and food was wonderful...

Where there`s a will there`s a way....

Peace...adios.

DISCLAIMER :
Do not try any crazy things on yourself if you don`t know the reaction they will have. I was aware at the time of what reactions my system would have, so did what I did. If you have violent reactions to sugar, inhalers, or blood, don`t try this. Or consult your local physician before trying any of these things.
If you happen to be a total loonybin, well......:)
When all other means of communication fail, try words.
Minnakht
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Obsidian » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:05 am

Hmm...Look what I caused. What a champion, I am... *merfs and hides in the corner*

Regarding my post...regarding females... I'll politely withdraw that, if I may. It's true that when I was thinking of war, I was more thinking of the 6-month boot-camp boys, that've gotta trek miles with kilo's on their back. The kinda thing that, untrained, a male can 'usually' do easier than a female.

Serena, your list points out numerous things I honestly didn't think of. Personally, I'm against armies and war, period. As such, I have a some-what narrow view on how either of them operate, and as you, and someone else (though I forget, because of the humour contained in the following posts) pointed out, technology, and the will to prove they aren't 'second best', will put a lot of women ahead of a lot of men.

Regardless of that previous post, I'm pro-equality. Because I do believe that women are as talented/skilled/capable as men. Men suck :P Some men suck *nods* Women are usually more motivated than me/men.

I'm gonna call it quits here, and say, "I love you all"

Oh, and Naryx, thanks for the laughs =) I love to see people defending themselves, against things that aren't attacks. A class-act, buddy.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby Naryx » Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:08 am

Is it possible for you (obsidian) to refrain from overtly insulting me on purpose? Fucking jackass.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Serene » Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:04 am

Hmm. A most interesting reading. Not quite what I had expected. One thing seemed to be overlooked entirely. I had figured someone would point it out, but since it was not (maybe because it was obvious to most) I will post a thought for those who read this forum.

The fact that men and women are different in so many ways is almost always depicted as one being superior to the other. Well, that just isn't so.
Neither is superior to the other, they are merely different. When they form a bond and begin working as a team, their differences become a great asset.

Even if a unit does not seem to be well balanced in the assortment of skills, strengths and weaknesses, an interesting thing happens when a group bonds. They almost automatically compensate for each others strengths and weakness. And from my observations, throwing a female soldier into a group tends to bring out the better side of the men. Everyone seems to focus on the negative behaviors and fails to note how much more the men strive to be honorable and civl in the presence of women.

And, in rereading the posts, I noted that I missed something. Oil? The war has nothing to do with oil. If we felt our economy required it, and would benefit from it, this country would convert to other sources of energy in a New York minute.

Look at Iraq and Afghanistan in a new light. Imagine yourself as a real estate agent with brand new, undeveloped territory. Think of the marketing. What a fabulous lack of environmentalist regulation, the lack of amateur telescopes and camcorders following your every move. All that unobstructed air space. All those "civilized" improvements and upgrades to be done. And hey, I would bet that animal rights activists are pretty much nonexistent.

Now consider the North American continent. How much open land is left to develop? Try getting a hazardous materials handling permit in under 3 years in a developed nation. If you had a new technology, a new prototype of military hardware, how long would it be before the industrial spies had 90% of the specifications on it....

I won't even start on the vastly increased number of foreigners now able to roam those areas with much decreased difficulty, to report back whatever they find to their respective countries/companies.
Serene
Visitor
Visitor

Postby Obsidian » Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:04 am

Sure thing Naryx, my mistake.

Serena, everything I've seen has shown the war as being pre-dominantly for the oil. Remember when the 'war on terror' started? With Osama Bin Laden being the most wanted man in the world?

Then notice how they gradually shifted the media focus to weapons of mass destruction (tm), then targeted Saddam Hussain and Iraq as having them? Suddenly Saddam was an evil person (please note, he's done nothing different these last few years, than what he's been doing since he was put into power by America) and needed to be stopped. The stage was set, and the soldiers went in, taking Iraq. Then the price of oil falls dramatically. Now there's new owners/managers for all the major Iraq and Saudi Arabian oil companies...Seems to be somewhat concerned with Oil.
And personally, I don't think any country in the world could currently convert to a different source of energy. Especially not one that uses as much oil as America.

The 'war on terror' is never going to finish, or succeed. Or even finish, as it stands now. Because America is instilling terror in other countries, by weilding more weapons and money than they could imagine. I'm just interested in seeing how far Bush wants to go, in his 4 more years.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby Strider » Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:07 pm

The 'war on terror' is never going to finish, or succeed. Or even finish, as it stands now. Because America is instilling terror in other countries, by weilding more weapons and money than they could imagine. I'm just interested in seeing how far Bush wants to go, in his 4 more years.

It hasn't dawned on you yet that Terrorism is the New Communism? The issue is going to be the basis of a new security state the likes of which America has not seen yet... why? Because now its not ways of life that are deemed "Communist" or "Terrorist" it is merely viewpoints and philosophies thus leading to a greater social control without the same divides and consequences of Communism. As such also, the military indstrial complex is allowed to perpetuate stagnantly across the only path that allows them to make money.

And as far as the war being predominated with the concern for oil, why do you think they are drawing up plans to invade Iran? Under the slogan "they have weapons of mass destruction" the rightious crusade of the Americas will continue for the black crude stuff that can easily be replaced by those shit hybrid cars (which could be decent if enough money was dumped into R&D) and Americans not having Soccermom fetishes with economically innoficient SUV's.
Fear me not, for I am not my friend Ogre...

OCP Issued Weapons:
For when you absolutely possitively need to rip a hole in the multiverse... or deal with your neighbors dog.
Strider
Head of OmniNorth
Head of OmniNorth

Postby Naryx » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:59 am

There are two immediately visible paths to take.

1. Build up so much weaponry, so advanced and so powerful, that only a nation with a suicidal impulse would dare to attack America.

2. Change the situation in The middle east by finding a way to get rid of wahabbisim and judaism once and for all.
Naryx
Visitor
Visitor

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion