Login | Register

Crucible!

Forum to Discuss whatever is on your mind!

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Crucible!

Postby Obsidian » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:53 am

So how was it?!

Still recovering from information overload and a drop of ale or two?

Seems like it's generally around the 1st/2nd of October! I've been planning an American expedition for a few months and the dates all match up for 2012 so fingers crossed I can make it! I've wanted to attend for years!

Hope it all went well! :)
"Nothing is more amazing than getting the shit kicked out of you by something you didn't believe existed" - David.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Re: Crucible!

Postby LordArt » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:59 pm

Obsidian wrote:So how was it?!

A lot of people had fun! Weird stuff happened, which is typical for a magic con. ;)

Still recovering from information overload and a drop of ale or two?

Ale? Feh! Try Mead! Home brewed at that, by two Omnis.

Seems like it's generally around the 1st/2nd of October!

It is likely going to be at the end of September or the first weekend in October (ie. 5-7th). The latter is more than likely, but I don't make official date announcements until I have the contract inked. Things can change too quickly and have in the past.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby 4min33sec » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:29 am

Hey, man, I brought ale, and it was home made, too. Not my fault you people don't prefer your booze to be bitter as my shriveled heart.
4min33sec
Research Student
Research Student

Postby Obsidian » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:49 am

Home-brewed Mead and Ale! Sounds pretty damn good!

I've had a mead wine once and it made me go all weird. Got the shakes really bad and felt all scared and worried until I drank something different. Odd. I'm a bit iffy on mead =P

Once you book a date for next year, I'm there! I'll be in America around that time, just gotta make sure I can get down to New Jersey =)

What kind of weird stuff happened? =)
"Nothing is more amazing than getting the shit kicked out of you by something you didn't believe existed" - David.
Obsidian
New Student
New Student

Postby JPo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:05 pm

Sounds like you had a reaction to the sulfites that some mead makers use. Even persons not allergic to sulfites can have a reaction if too much is present. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater! Good unsulfited or properly sulfited mead is out there, and a good chunk of it is made by Omni's!

JPo
JPo
Head of OmniCyber
Head of OmniCyber

Return to General Discussion