Login | Register

Request to learn Omnimancy

Forum to Discuss whatever is on your mind!

Moderators: Contrary, Ogre, LordArt

• Author
Request to learn Omnimancy

Postby blueflame_99 » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:12 pm

hey,
first i'd like to introduce myself. im a 15 year old and i've been practicing psionics for about a year now. i'm not all THAT new to the phenomenon of magic/psi. you could call me an initiate in most areas. i do my best to locate and assimilate knew knowledge as best as i can.

i've been practicing on and off the last few months and i think i'd do much better if i had someone to guide me.

i stumbled upon the site today and i feel omnimancy suits the mental "skin" i choose to use. i would like to be a student in this form of energy manipulation and perception. this would greatly enhance my abilities and give me knew insight into this phenomenon of energy. please let me know if you'd take me on as a pupil in omnimancy

-blue
blueflame_99
Visitor
Visitor

Postby LordArt » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:54 am

Hello Blue,

I understand from your other posts that you practice over at psipog. While I don't personally have anything against Psipog, they don't exactly have a wonderful reputation, which you might wish to consider.

As far as training in Omnimancy, your very young. I can appreciate the fact that your looking for a guide or mentor, but there are other issues to consider. Any school of magic or psionics can be dangerous. As a general rule, most teens or younger don't have the strength of character to NOT use their abilities over others even when those others annoyed them or truely understand the reprocussions of their actions. Responsibility and emotional stability are still being established in their personalities. This can make a VERY volitial and dangerous practioner. The opposite is also true, meaning, that they wouldn't dedicate themselves to learning what is needed to be worth the effort of the mentor to teach. Please keep in mind this has nothing to do with using magic for good or ill, but having the wisdom about life and self-control to know when it's appropriate to interceed with magic.

Now there are always exceptions to what is stated above, however, unless someone within the group knows you personally and can vouch for your strength of character and responsibility, your too young to be considered. Perhaps when your 18.

Currently, there is also an issue of space within the online group, but that is slowly resolving itself as people advance to be able to teach.

I'm sorry we couldn't help at this time. Good luck on your path.
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Postby blueflame_99 » Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:08 am

I understand. after considering your post i realise i'm not ready for a fairly long-term devotion. i'll come back when the testosterone dies down a bit :wink:
thanks
-blue
blueflame_99
Visitor
Visitor

Postby blueflame_99 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:35 pm

Hello, I just remembered Omnimancy.com, and thought I'd ask for a membership again.
I understand that it has been just a little more than 7 months, and from re-reading your previous posts I understand that you prefer members who are older than I am. I am currently 16, but I do not think that maturity is an issue in my position. I am sure I'm mature enough to understand and stay away from the dangers present in any field of magic/psionics. My devotion to psi has been unflagging and I will, if you permit it, apply all my strength and determination to learning Omnimancy. I am always searching for ways to improve myself. i have changed a *lot* over the last seven months, and I am sure it is apparent to a practitioner and intellectual of your level. All i ask for is a chance to let my potential flow in the best possible path.
I do understand your responsibilities and cares, however, and am prepared for a negative answer. Please make the choice you think is best.
Thank you for considering my request
-blue
blueflame_99
Visitor
Visitor

Postby PsyFactor » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:18 am

As much as we believe we are capable of judging our own readiness to learn, one's own perspective tends to cloud things. I understand you may feel you are mature enough, and you may well be, but we feel one should be older before being taught such things. As much as I would have felt I was mature enough to handle such things at 16, I now know I wouldn't have been. If two years from now, you feel that you should have been taught now, I'd be surprised..but if so, I'm sorry. For now, focus on your life. Omnimancy isn't going away. A couple of years won't kill you :)

--Jeremy
PsyFactor
Research Student
Research Student

Postby Lean » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:17 am

I have been playing with energy for a few years, untutored and sort of experimented as I went along. I became really good at it when I was about 20 years old - the problem was that I wasn't as emotionally mature as I thought I was and one day lost my temper at another person. In my rage I manipulated energies to get back at the person. The outcome was something that I regret to this day and it will probably haunt me for the rest of my life.

Valuable lesson I learnt, unfortunately the hard way, is that whenever you're emotional to leave the energies alone.

The moral of the story is that no matter how mature you think you are, you shouldn't dabble in certain things until you are emotionally mature and can control your emotions, no matter what the situation.
Lean

I agree.

Postby Masquerade » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:24 am

While in some rare cases children our age actually have common sense, 95% of the time they are simply into something for the pursuit of power instead of the true reason anyone tries to accompolish anything. Self Improvement. The gain of knowledge. The true understanding of how our universe actually works. The fact that some of these studies may entail a little power drives most teens up the wall dying to instantly recieve occult powers. After 4 years of desperately studying all different kinds of magick and energy techniques i can say that the road which we have chosen is anything but instant.
Keep up the good work on the forums guys. I am a huge supporter.

- Masquerade -
"There is no good or evil, but thinking makes it so"

- William Shakespeare -
Masquerade
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Request to learn Omnimancy

Postby blueflame_99 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:41 am

I am now 35. It has been 20 years. Sending love and light to all sentient beings.
blueflame_99
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Request to learn Omnimancy

Postby LordArt » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:41 pm

blueflame_99 wrote:I am now 35. It has been 20 years. Sending love and light to all sentient beings.

Wow! I'm happy you came back to look. But I feel old that it's been 20 years! Thanks for coming in to say hi!
LordArt
Head Omnimancer
Head Omnimancer

Return to General Discussion